The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

According to Transfermarkt Sam Kane has returned from his loan at East Kilbride so the story maybe not without merit.  Not too sure how good he [Kane] is, but with Ferrie so far this year keeping score-lines respectable, if he picks up an injury our already inexperienced and light squad becomes even more of a concern.

Apparently Kane's loan to EK was just for emergency cover. Regarding the back up goalkeeper situation, you're right obviously that if we do sell McKenna then we're left somewhat lacking in experience there but it's not particularly common for sides to have two keepers as talented as ours at this level, we are just very fortunate in that area. If the club can potentially make 7 figures from the transfer of a 17 year old who has only played a handful of first team games then they should be commended for that IMO.

Unbelievable move for McKenna. Definitely looks the real deal and hope he can keep progressing down there. People moving to Ajax and Man United and appointing a manager who won a Scottish Cup and League Cup in the same season, all whilst in a relegation battle in the Scottish Championship. One day/week/month/year of normality please.

30 minutes ago, an86 said:

Unbelievable move for McKenna. Definitely looks the real deal and hope he can keep progressing down there. People moving to Ajax and Man United and appointing a manager who won a Scottish Cup and League Cup in the same season, all whilst in a relegation battle in the Scottish Championship. One day/week/month/year of normality please.

Have you seen Man United and Ajax recently though?

51 minutes ago, an86 said:

The only niggling issue is he’s moved from regular first team football to playing in the kiddie league down south. Can’t help but feel there’s a chance the next time he plays a first team game will be when he’s 23 for Aldershot or somebody.

29 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The only niggling issue is he’s moved from regular first team football to playing in the kiddie league down south. Can’t help but feel there’s a chance the next time he plays a first team game will be when he’s 23 for Aldershot or somebody.

Agree, but you still jump at Man United when they come calling. Very decent money swilling around the academy levels in England, as well as what’s likely to be a decent signing on fee. Will give him a security that most would give their right arm for. 

A lot of these kids are talented, but it’d be easy to wander when four or five grand per week is dropping into the bank account. Hopefully keeps the heid because he definitely has a chance. Freakishly good with the ball at his feet for a sixteen year old. 

A cracking move for him, but it's crucial he gets out loan and doesn't get left in the wasteland of the U23 squad. 

Letting him back on loan to QP would be a good move if it can be made to happen. Much better than playing against a bunch of people that are well paid, but who will be in the National League or out the game entirely in a couple of years in their early 20s. 

14 hours ago, qpfc said:

I know his name has been mentioned to death by a couple of posters but I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised now to see us offering Wotherspoon a contract. Worked under Davidson and if he is indeed the assistant, played with Liam Craig for a good 8-9 years at st Johnstone. Pretty sure his deal at Inverness runs out some point next week. Hope we’re looking into that  

Looks like Wotherspoon off to Tannadice according to Daily Record.

Just now, The Saintee said:

Is there someone at the club who can control his reckless spending?

I have a feeling we may still appoint a replacement director of football. Either way I doubt he's got full control over whatever budget we're working with.

Just now, Zanetti said:

I have a feeling we may still appoint a replacement director of football. Either way I doubt he's got full control over whatever budget we're working with.

He was on a one man mission to bankrupt us so I really hope that's the case for you guys.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

Queens Park will likely end up in the promotion play-offs before enduring the most depressing two years of their existence.

The bar is extremely low at the moment - all I can focus on at the moment is staying up. 

Please let this lead to the imminent signing of Ali Crawford.

There's always the thing with a manager getting their second job that you don't want to entirely judge them on their failures in their first job as the time out the game might be exactly what they've needed to reflect on their mistakes and come back a better manager for it. You'd also assume he's going to be well-backed in being willing to take it after turning down Dundee in the summer, unless again that's just time out the game giving him a different sense of what level of job he could expect.

Fair to say I'd be shitting myself in your position though if you line up with a 5-2-3 come Saturday.

Edited by Dunning1874