The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Signed James Crole on loan from Cardiff. Good luck to him and hope he does well obviously, but can’t begin to describe how little hope I have bringing in someone new to senior football into a relegation battle. Brutal.

1 minute ago, williebraveheart said:

He looks to be a tall robust chap. Just what we need to partner Paton. Good luck to him. If he is good enough he is old enough. Hope we give him a better welcome on the pitch than some have on here.

You can no doubt understand the frustration at this type of signing given how inexperienced the squad already is, and how previous loans like this have worked out.

He'll still get a very good reception and plenty of chances to prove himself, I'm sure. Everyone obviously wants him to succeed during this spell with us.

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

You can no doubt understand the frustration at this type of signing given how inexperienced the squad already is, and how previous loans like this have worked out.

He'll still get a very good reception and plenty of chances to prove himself, I'm sure. Everyone obviously wants him to succeed during this spell with us.

With the exception of Rudden and Stewart I cannot think of a striker who was readily available in this window I would have wished to see joining us. Samuel obviously was geographical. We are not the attraction right now that we were last season or indeed at the beginning of this season. I am just glad we have done something in the position that we needed. An experienced CB would be great but there are not many around. Maybe Virgil was hinting a desire to join us yesterday?

Ever get that deja vu feeling of history repeating.......lose your best, (or some of your best) player(s) and replace with unproven/untried loanees.

I've been hoping since July that when he comes back, Grant Savoury is at the very least the player he was last year, as when it comes to either a relegation dog-fight or a play off against Hamilton, we're gonna need him firing on all cylinders.

Nobody is having a pop at the boy, but we have all seen a similar synopsis before. Attack minded young player from bigger club, highly rated. Hasn’t ended well once during the pro era. It does have a whiff of “oh f**k, we desperately need to get literally anyone in.” 

19 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

Information on new signing from Wales Online from June last year

James Crole

One of the more exciting players coming through at Cardiff, striker James Crole has had a prolific couple of campaigns in front of goal.

The club felt it was the right time for him to be sent out on loan in January and joined up with Kieron Evans at Torquay United. However, injury forced him to return to Cardiff just days later, which is no doubt a huge frustration to the club but particularly the player.

There is no doubt Crole, 19, is thought of incredibly highly by academy staff and next season will represent a real opportunity for him to go out on loan and bag some goals in senior football with a view to coming back and getting on Erol Bulut's radar.

"Croley has had a really tough season. He has struggled with injuries," Purse said of the forward. "It's about trying to get him back pre-season and trying to get him as fit as we can so he can hit the ground running.

"If you look at his pre-season last season with the first team, he did well. Whether that is going to be the plan with him this season or not we will have to see.

"He has undoubted ability as a young footballer. I don't see there is anyone who can run as quickly as him, the change of pace that he has got and his finishing ability is exceptional around the 18-yard box.

"So, he has got to work hard. That's the thing he lacks at times, just that work ethic – that hard work when he is playing up as a No.9 on his own.

"But he needs to have a better season than what he has had this year and maybe a bit of luck with the injuries that he's had, which scuppered his season a little."

We signed him based on this article 

Davidson must be fuming this is what’s he’s been able to sign this month. 

He’s confidently stated on almost every interview how much the squad needed experience and it simply hasn’t happened other than Welsh. We must of been turned down by so many players  

I’ll not write Crole off until seeing him on the pitch, you’ve simply got to give him a chance to prove himself. We’ve had our fair share of garbage on loan, especially in attack so unfortunately the expectation is set at a very low bar for now. He just needs to be impactful from the bench for the last 15-20 mins. Whether that’s providing some sort of pace or presence up top

Critical that a defender(experienced!) is signed tomorrow or else we’ll be in league 1  

On 25/01/2024 at 21:20, pmonigatti said:

I’d still love it to be Danny Wilson who as far as I can see is still yet to be picked up by anyone and at 32 is the right profile for an 18 month contract. 
His experience would be valuable for sure having played over 300 career games.

image.gif.a49e9ef5771fc821d9b9ea79eb623671.gif