The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

I’m happy with that. An ‘older’ head that’s been around the block and played abroad also. I always felt he was solid-enough for the Scottish leagues when at Hearts. Transfer Scotland reporting he’s signed an 18-month deal.

I don’t see us bringing in another striker. That said if Davidson’s been referring to ‘experience’ again, I wonder whether we might be in for Ali Crawford. Seen it lots of places he’s leaving this window, but I imagine he has many more attractive propositions. We’d be having to push the boat out, as weve done with Danny Wilson I imagine. 

13 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

I’m happy with that. An ‘older’ head that’s been around the block and played abroad also. I always felt he was solid-enough for the Scottish leagues when at Hearts. Transfer Scotland reporting he’s signed an 18-month deal.

I don’t see us bringing in another striker. That said if Davidson’s been referring to ‘experience’ again, I wonder whether we might be in for Ali Crawford. Seen it lots of places he’s leaving this window, but I imagine he has many more attractive propositions. We’d be having to push the boat out, as weve done with Danny Wilson I imagine. 

Still room for Stevie May. Gives a decent choice and backup for strikers.

15 minutes ago, Aufc said:

On paper, it’s a really good signing but wonder what attracted him to move to a team fighting relegation from the championship…,

Dunno and if I'm honest, don't really care. Maybe we should just do nothing ....

30 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Releasing Spong is just mad. He's got huge potential. Possibly our best player so far in this nightmare of a season. I'm very disappointed. That's a terrible terrible piece of business. 

I can’t say I disagree. I felt that Spong had the confidence and tenacity to succeed in the Championship and he did well to control the play at times. If the talk of him failing to settle are true it’s a shame, life in the South of England & Glasgow aren’t half different. I wouldn’t be completely surprised to see Tizzard away at the end of the season too- although if he gets a run playing as a normal CB without the need to play defence splitting passes he may yet come good. 

7 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Absolutely not 

He was terrible at Morton last season 

Maybe, but Crawford is capable of playing in that #10 role, giving Thomas/Turner some real competition. I always remember Crawford being the difference between Hamilton being dugmeat and being able to Nick a result.

10 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Maybe, but Crawford is capable of playing in that #10 role, giving Thomas/Turner some real competition. I always remember Crawford being the difference between Hamilton being dugmeat and being able to Nick a result.

Crawford was all the rage 4 or 5 years back at Hamilton, all of a sudden it went quiet, I always felt their was an off field issue with him,  he has never got back to that level..

Spong i have watched a few times this season and was a stand out , he made you tick in the middle of the park, Welsh is decent enough but not that type of player.

Are you guys confident if getting to 40 points which always gets quoted as the water line.

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Are you guys confident if getting to 40 points which always gets quoted as the water line.

It’s going to be very, very tight imo. 

12 minutes ago, Passionate said:

It won't be easy but I do think it's possible. There's a new positivity about the place just now so we just need to plug on. Caley on Saturday will be interesting - shame Welsh will be out.

Just now, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

It won't be easy but I do think it's possible. There's a new positivity about the place just now so we just need to plug on. Caley on Saturday will be interesting - shame Welsh will be out.

We are on 28, and in a decent place 'at the moment' but our Away record is terrible, apart from the recent win against yourselves, we only picked up 4 points in half a season away from home,  and after our next game we will have only 5 home left and 9 away,   so as you say things could get tight for a number of teams 

11 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Releasing Spong is just mad. He's got huge potential. Possibly our best player so far in this nightmare of a season. I'm very disappointed. That's a terrible terrible piece of business. 

Unless we know the real circumstances leading to this decision it is difficult to judge. It may be madness. It may be disciplinary. It may be compassionate. If, for instance, the lad's mental health was suffering for any reason then I applaud the club. Perhaps there were serious family issues. If it was disciplinary there must have been a right royal bust up which I am sure would have leaked by now. I just cannot see the lad saying he would like to leave and Queens saying OK, off you go. He was too valuable for that and what a precedent! It must have been something very serious. Queens have forfeited a decent sum of money which could have been recouped with a transfer. I too am disappointed that we will not see him develop as he surely will.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Is Welsh injured already ??