The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

The big difference between Tizzard under Veldman and Davidson is that he's not being asked to do things he's clearly not capable of anymore. As an outright defender, who sits deep and does the basics, he's proven himself to be very decent the last couple of weeks.

He's stopped making daft mistakes because he's not being forced into situations where it's easy for that to happen. I'm really pleased for him and hope he can keep it up.

Josh Hinds signed up, was last at Hull city. Seems to be a winger as his preferred position but can play across the whole frontline. I’d imagine it’s a low risk signing and it’s good to see we’ve got the option of extending his deal beyond the end of the season if he performs well

26 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Josh Hinds signed up, was last at Hull city. Seems to be a winger as his preferred position but can play across the whole frontline. I’d imagine it’s a low risk signing and it’s good to see we’ve got the option of extending his deal beyond the end of the season if he performs well

20 years old so the potential to add value and relatively low risk. 

Nice to see the ethos of youth/player development and the pragmatism of adding experience where necessary brought together by a manager that knows the lay of the land.  The future's bright, the future's not (completely) orange.  Loving it.

31 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I'm happy with this - a young guy that adds another option up front. The option to extend at the end of the season also a plus. He made a couple of first team appearances for Hull against Bournemouth and Everton.

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I'm happy with this - a young guy that adds another option up front. The option to extend at the end of the season also a plus. He made a couple of first team appearances for Hull against Bournemouth and Everton.

Never trust a highlight video on YouTube, Steven Eze's made him look like Maldini in his prime.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Looks like he takes players on and has a good eye for a pass, which is what we need. I’d take a YouTube highlights clip with a pinch of salt though. Still looks like a good option for us.

If Wilson is fit and still got his legs, and if this lad is half as good as his highlights reel then this signing could conclude a pretty good January window for us as Welsh, Carse, and Joshua Scott have impressed.  Feeling a lot more optimistic about the remainder of the seasn.  We will no doubt still have some disappointments but I think we are much better equipped to stay up than before.

26 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I thought we were going to sign a more experienced striker 

Hard to do that in the Jan window, also you don't want a discarded striker anyway. I like this move, no point paying big wages to a 29 year old to sit on the bench essentially 

36 minutes ago, QPEast said:

Hard to do that in the Jan window, also you don't want a discarded striker anyway. I like this move, no point paying big wages to a 29 year old to sit on the bench essentially 

I hope you're right. I think (anyone noticed how many times Davidson says "I think" in his interviews? If someone invented a drinking game, we would all be pissed) we have signed enough players to give the team a fighting chance for the remainder of the season. I'm still sad to see the way Spong was released, though.