The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

29 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

I reckon i'm probably the only one who still has faith that McKinstry will do a good turn by the end of the season. Thought he was playing a wee bit too deep at the weekend so would like to see the team go back to a front 3 with McKinstry on the left and Dom on the right.

My ideal team based on who is currently available would be:

Ferrie

Bannon Tizzard Wilson

McPherson Thomson Welsh Scott

Thomas Paton McKinstry

McKinstry is likely quite safe in that spot until Savoury is back fit unless the new lad Hinds shows a lot of promise over the next week or two in training.

I would like to see Hinds in place of McKinstry so that we can have a look at him and compare. I cannot see McKinstry being kept on if Hinds shows promise.

5 hours ago, qpfc said:

Savoury

Robson 

Jarrett 

Bruce 

Longridge 

Scott 

Hinds 

Savoury and Bruce are realistically the only ones I’d be looking to sign up again at this point. Can’t really judge Scott or Hinds yet as they’ve just joined although I like the look of Scott 

I’d like to think Savoury would sign a new deal, couldn’t imagine us helping him through his injury for him to jump ship at the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Adam Rendall said:

I’d like to think Savoury would sign a new deal, couldn’t imagine us helping him through his injury for him to jump ship at the end of the season. 

Would surely be a big risk for another team at the moment. Although ultimately suppose it depends what sort of impression he is making on Davidson.

32 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I would like to see Hinds in place of McKinstry so that we can have a look at him and compare. I cannot see McKinstry being kept on if Hinds shows promise.

I think Hinds will get his chance for sure and if he plays well he'll start ahead of McKinstry but I also think writing off McKinstry after only 11 games is a mistake. Especially when only 5 of those games are since Davidson has come in.

2 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Would surely be a big risk for another team at the moment. Although ultimately suppose it depends what sort of impression he is making on Davidson.

He’ll be fine. Dunblane boys stick together.

3 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

PA:

Please do not feed the troll. The "ignore" list is a fantastic feature. Use it. 

OK. So that’s Morton, Dundee, Airdrie, Falkirk and (obviously) Clyde on ignore as they are all mostly roasters.

36 minutes ago, harlowspider said:

OK. So that’s Morton, Dundee, Airdrie, Falkirk and (obviously) Clyde on ignore as they are all mostly roasters.

I don't know, are they? I usually use the ignore user feature for individual idiots, not entire fans of teams. Key words include Gretna, diddy, tinpot, and the good old crowdwanking. 

45 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

well he seems to be playing regularly for Annan - where I would imagine he will get plenty of practice!!

To put my comment into perspective. In the first half he had 4 saves to make. He fumbled the first two, let in the third and made a good save for the fourth. He had a good game in the second half.

Celtic won 1 : 0.

They were on top in the first half but the second was more even. The biggest difference between the two sides was the quality of Celtic's passing. 

If we are signing Sheridan until the end of the season it's purely to bulk up the squad and give us another option off the bench. Nothing to get excited about but hardly the end of the world either.

Sheridan is a honking signing if it’s true 

Guy hasn’t scored a goal in about 3 years. I’d imagine he’ll be a sub to launch the ball in the box for the last 5-10 mins of games if needing a goal given his height