The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

37 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I would be really (and pleasantly) surprised if we don't lose anyone from the team's current backbone. If we do, it wouldn't be the end of the world provided that we get a decent fee. After all, that is what "the project" was all about and you can't force a player to stay if he wants to go. I have recently read an interview with Paton and one can see that he is a very ambitious lad who really wants to compete at the highest possible level. 

I will be amazed if we manage to hang on to all three of Paton, Thomas (although his post-season Tweet leads me to believe he's in no hurry to leave) and Thomson.

That said, if Ruari does end up going elsewhere with two years left on his contract, I hope the club holds out for a significant fee with all sorts of add-ons. Proven scorers at his age are hard to come by.

2 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I'm not saying it's a bad idea but I don't think it's a good one either. I'm quite sure though, it would make Callum Davidson unhappy. 

I would expect the appointment (or not) of a Dir. of Football would have been part of Davidson's discussions 

On 04/05/2024 at 15:00, Spider Rico said:

Ridiculous season:

The Lesser Hampden Test Event

The strip

Robin Veldman, Marijn Beuker and Leeann Dempster

Winning 3 on the bounce then not winning for months

The Raith Rovers 3-2 games

5-2 and 4-1 home defeats to Ayr and ICT

Signing Welsh and Sheridan from ICT then finishing above them

Inverness fans acting the big man at Hampden just a few weeks ago

Ruari Paton’s goals 

Cilian Sheridans goals and assists

Super Dom Thomas

Louis Longridge a mainstay of the team

Dundee United booed off for drawing nil nil with us 

Josh Scott proving that youth players from down south can excel at this level

The 6-0 v Arbroath

a league win over Airdrie

no win over Morton

The scenes last night at the goals and full time

The Tommy Robson altercation with fans after failing to beat ten man Morton at Cappielow

23 hours ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

If we unfortunately lost Paton this summer, who would you want to bring in as a replacement? I wouldn't mind someone along the lines of Bruce Anderson from Livi, although he might not want to join a Championship club.

:D I wouldn't mind winning a few million off the lottery either

Absolutely zero chance of you guys signing Bruce when teams like Killie/Dundee and English clubs are involved.

54 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Absolutely zero chance of you guys signing Bruce when teams like Killie/Dundee and English clubs are involved.

If Lord Haughey wants him, we will quite simply take him. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Adam Rendall said:

Robson was never the same after that. 

Robson hasn't been the same since around February last year, to be fair!

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Exactly this. Robson, Thomas and Murray, the inter-play of those 3 under Coyle was special. Murray left and Robson (also took the armband) was never the same. 

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

First game of the season against Arbroath the play between Thomas and Robson was superb, thought we'd be challenging for the title with the way they were playing. Looked to me that under veldman Robson was told to play more defensively and he's just not as good at that, then this just carried forward into the Davidson era. Would be interesting to see how he'd do with a couple of games as the left wing back, but I don't think it'll happen

I personally can’t see Robson being offered a deal for next season but fair play to him, reinventing himself into a competent left centre half as part of a back of 5. Would have been easy for him to throw in the towel when he lost his place at left back to Josh Scott but he’s been been solid in recent months whenever called upon 

23 hours ago, ATLIS said:

The difference between Livi and us is 10 Scottish Cups and a good away support

On 07/05/2024 at 22:01, TheHitman said:

Exactly this. Robson, Thomas and Murray, the inter-play of those 3 under Coyle was special. Murray left and Robson (also took the armband) was never the same. 

Savoury too, the four of them were, at times, unplayable.  I didn't really appreciate it at the time but the work Murray did in stretching and occupying defences left Savoury and Thomas with time and space to create.  Connor Shields didn't quite seem to have/give the same aura, (or fear factor) to the opposition.

On 06/05/2024 at 15:01, Arachnophile said:

Jack spong on TNT sport just now playing for Worthing in the National League South promotion play-off final.

Just watched the highlights on YouTube. Young Jack did well, on the wrong end of a 4-3 result but a very well taken goal. Good luck to him.

Read an article on Twitter re tweeted by Scott burns today which mentioned that we’re apparently trying to sign Danny Imray from Crystal Palace. Right back 20 years old. Says he’s been scouted and watched by Davidson. Desperately need that right back position sorted. Been an issue for a couple seasons now 

Same article stated Mackenzie Carse was leaving Celtic. Worth offering a deal to ? Granted he didn’t get many opportunities but always thought there was something about him. Unfortunate his only start against Dundee United was when everyone was utterly horrific that day 

3 hours ago, qpfc said:

Read an article on Twitter re tweeted by Scott burns today which mentioned that we’re apparently trying to sign Danny Imray from Crystal Palace. Right back 20 years old. Says he’s been scouted and watched by Davidson. Desperately need that right back position sorted. Been an issue for a couple seasons now 

Same article stated Mackenzie Carse was leaving Celtic. Worth offering a deal to ? Granted he didn’t get many opportunities but always thought there was something about him. Unfortunate his only start against Dundee United was when everyone was utterly horrific that day 

I would 100% take a punt on Carse on a 2 year deal. His playing time was limited this year but I reckon he’d make a good addition with continued experience.

Good to see we’re looking to address the right back position. Would like to see us follow that up with another centre back.