The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Just now, Velvet Donkey said:

Great news! Given the options he will have north and south of the border, the club have done well to secure him. An important deal.

Club captain?

Wouldn’t be surprised if the captaincy was given to Robson tbh 

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I tend to think Fox isn't coming back at this stage, but I seriously hope I'm wrong. Unless he's off on a month long holiday or something I don't see why it would take this long to get a new contract sorted, especially considering he'd have been a priority.

Well this aged very poorly.

Delighted Fox is back this season. Would've preferred a 4 year contract but we'll worry about that later.

Absolutely buzzing with Fox signing. That is huge for us this season. One of the best defenders I’ve seen play for us and he’s also a threat at the other end of the pitch. 

Helps that’s he’s bloody gorgeous anaw 😘

Delighted with this. Encapsulates everything you want in a player in terms of both attitude and ability. Suspect the only way we’ll hold onto him beyond this season is if we manage to do the unthinkable. He will only get even better.

As an aside, that Macron gear Coyle is wearing looks pish in comparison to the Admiral stuff. The text under the badge makes it look like it’s for a school team or something.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Delighted with this. Encapsulates everything you want in a player in terms of both attitude and ability. Suspect the only way we’ll hold onto him beyond this season is if we manage to do the unthinkable. He will only get even better.

He'll already be noticed by top flight sides...

fox.thumb.png.0d1d5d6011f8f97e103f356cd8bf3d0b.png

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is a bit too much information for me to process, so I'm just going to assume it essentially translates to "big sexy b*****d".

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

While I'm delighted he has signed for next year this just confirms my disappointment that it's only a one year contract. Was really hoping he would sign a multi-year deal and therefore we would make some good money off him moving on after next season. I knew he was absolutely class but didn't expect him to be our best striker as well 😂

I'm really surprised that Fox has signed. I'm sure that he's had much more lucrative offers but the guy's only 23 and has years on his side. Another season with us will, I'm sure, enhance his reputation and get him a cracking deal in a year's time. Hopefully from us.

Great bit of business to get him back.

11 hours ago, an86 said:

As an aside, that Macron gear Coyle is wearing looks pish in comparison to the Admiral stuff. The text under the badge makes it look like it’s for a school team or something.

Look on the bright side, it gives you a chance for a moan!

It looks like "1867" under the badge, something we should have. I wouldn't be too concerned about the quality of Macron gear as they're expanding all over the world and have picked up some decent teams. Comments in a Facebook kit group I'm in are generally positive about the quality and, particularly, their kit design. Hopefully we'll be happy with what they produce for us 

12 hours ago, an86 said:

Spot on. He is an incredible force to have at the heart of the defence. And am sure he will have plenty of opportunities this season to demonstrate hie defensive qualities. 

As for Macron- that looks poor when compared with the Admiral range.    

7 hours ago, Dave said:

While I'm delighted he has signed for next year this just confirms my disappointment that it's only a one year contract. Was really hoping he would sign a multi-year deal and therefore we would make some good money off him moving on after next season. I knew he was absolutely class but didn't expect him to be our best striker as well 😂

Sorry should make it clearer, the scores out of 100 are compared to only CBs in the database.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sorry should make it clearer, the scores out of 100 are compared to only CBs in the database.

Ah ok, it says at the bottom the hatched area is the club average which is what I was referring to originally, so is that actually the comparison against other centre backs in the database or is it compared to Queen's Park players? And also what/where is this database, I love stuff like this but rarely seen it for our level. 

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ah ok, it says at the bottom the hatched area is the club average which is what I was referring to originally, so is that actually the comparison against other centre backs in the database or is it compared to Queen's Park players? And also what/where is this database, I love stuff like this but rarely seen it for our level. 

It's players who played CB for Queens Park in the season indicated. Something else I'll make clearer from now on 😅

It's just a database I've built off of WyScout data tbh.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's players who played CB for Queens Park in the season indicated. Something else I'll make clearer from now on 😅

It's just a database I've built off of WyScout data tbh.

The stat wheel you create is class. I'll be reaching out to you for all the big signings we'll make this summer 🤔. So far not a sniff of a signing. 

I'd be interested to see how Mitch and Harry Milne (sadly left us) fair. Leighton McIntosh would give us, me certainly, a laugh.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Looks to me like our recruitment plan is on track. With 3 weeks to go everyone offered a new contract has signed bar one. Beuker’s system is up and running (with a pathway to the mid-level in the Club Academy scheme) and the remaining time allows the management team to start filling the gaps. Three weeks is a long time in a transfer window. A pre-season camp organised in Holland against international opposition for those already signed. All good stuff.

Unless a more experienced skipper joins us, Charlie Fox has shown the credentials to be this season’s spielfuhrer. I reckon giving him the armband cinched the deal. I’ve been a big fan of Robson even when it wasn’t fashionable and whilst he’s inspirational, he’s not a leader. 

As for the timetable, of the nine lads released only two of them have got a club so far. Plenty of time yet.

15 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Looks to me like our recruitment plan is on track. With 3 weeks to go everyone offered a new contract has signed bar one.

Are we shunning the option of players on loan this season; or is the plan to use the Young Team instead of a loanee? Am certainly keen on that brave new world;  so long as supporters accept that young players make mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Are we shunning the option of players on loan this season; or is the plan to use the Young Team instead of a loanee? Am certainly keen on that brave new world;  so long as supporters accept that young players make mistakes. 

I would not be unhappy with that strategy. Our youngsters will be an improvement on three of the last loanees we had. An experienced CB (Eze) and Striker (?) would complete our picture for me. Perhaps the luxury of a holding MF if Willie goes into his back pocket.