The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

From the Presidents letter to the members, they were told on the 2nd of March with formal papers being granted on the 3rd. They don’t have anywhere to go and are therefore winding the club up. 

145 years on the site and even an R&A recognised 6 hole golf course. All evicted to provide some training facilities for QP youths?

Pretty shameful by both the landlord and Queens tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

From the Presidents letter to the members, they were told on the 2nd of March with formal papers being granted on the 3rd. They don’t have anywhere to go and are therefore winding the club up. 

145 years on the site and even an R&A recognised 6 hole golf course. All evicted to provide some training facilities for QP youths?

There's still absolutely no evidence that we have anything to do with this.

Even if it turns out that we are the new tenants, I find it strange that such an old club was so quick to shut up shop; 4 days after 140 odd years of history?

Just now, Zanetti said:

There's still absolutely no evidence that we have anything to do with this.

Even if it turns out that we are the new tenants, I find it strange that such an old club was so quick to shut up shop; 4 days after 140 odd years of history?

If you / the Club didn’t know before, you certainly should now. 

On winding up, what do you expect them to do?  There’s not a plethora of cricket grounds kicking around in their local area. 

8 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

On winding up, what do you expect them to do?  There’s not a plethora of cricket grounds kicking around in their local area. 

I have no idea. I don't know anything about cricket, how many grounds there are, or how the sport is organised in Scotland.

12 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Actually, Titwood and Langside are both about a mile away. But not to make light of the situation, there’s clearly a backstory or two here. It’s understandable that a Clyde fan would be upset at seeing someone lose their home. But your club picked themselves up and nearly 40 years later are still going strong. Literally hundreds of football clubs have gone to the wall in the history of the game. People get very emotional about losing old things. Like when our builders demolished the old farmhouse and barn. People make noise but very few want to invest in a solution.

Let’s see what the facts are before passing judgements. Fortunately, when there’s a crisis at our club we know we’ve some of the best communicators in the business at hand. It’ll all come out soon.

As a former Poloc 1st XI player and lifelong QP supporter - this is something I never thought I'd have to contend with.

However, I have now heard from a few trusted sources that QP are not the new tenants and it was just a rumour after all. 

14 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Is this the next step on QP's ongoing heel turn?

11 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Morning, lads.

22 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Apparently, there's a public cricket ground next door. Surely that could have been used temporarily?

Screenshot2023-03-08at21_00_47.thumb.png.3cd346b2c1c617564c11673a3a4251b2.png

13 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

Apparently, there's a public cricket ground next door. Surely that could have been used temporarily?

Screenshot2023-03-08at21_00_47.thumb.png.3cd346b2c1c617564c11673a3a4251b2.png

... but that wouldn't fit with the anti QP agenda....... even jumping on rumours which were thankfully disproved 

Edited by mcjameos

On 07/03/2023 at 12:38, Cyclizine said:

This is what I've been told, anyway. I've no reason to disbelieve my friend (an ex Poloc CC 1st XI player), but apologies in advance if this is slandering QP. Shawholm is a lovely ground, does seem a shame. Hopefully Poloc can find another ground, maybe even the public pitches temporarily.

They have I believe bought the lochinch sports centre within the park. Something that members had been paying for years to upkeep. They aren't exactly making a good name for themselves if this is true. 

Edited by foreverarover