The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

9 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Great joke!😅

Is there anyone in the area who's been by the site and can give an update on how it looks, or some photos ideally?  The folk living in the tenements overlooking it must have a pretty good idea of how it's going!

1 hour ago, Braesoyetts said:

Is there anyone in the area who's been by the site and can give an update on how it looks, or some photos ideally?  The folk living in the tenements overlooking it must have a pretty good idea of how it's going!

It actually looks close to completion to my untrained eye.

The perimeter of the pitch has been tarcmacced, gates installed at the front of the east stand and a main gate to the left of the turnstiles.

Still see workmen at what looks like a refreshment kiosk next to the turnstile area most days. Cladding over the turnstile area looks really cheap and nasty as previously mentioned. Royal Box looks complete externally but no idea what's left to do inside it. 

2 hours ago, JT1867 said:

It actually looks close to completion to my untrained eye.

The perimeter of the pitch has been tarcmacced, gates installed at the front of the east stand and a main gate to the left of the turnstiles.

Still see workmen at what looks like a refreshment kiosk next to the turnstile area most days. Cladding over the turnstile area looks really cheap and nasty as previously mentioned. Royal Box looks complete externally but no idea what's left to do inside it. 

That's what I thought when I saw the pics on here, a week ago or so. It appears structurally complete - maybe toilets, wiring, etc to do., but how long should that take?

4 hours ago, G_&_T said:

That's what I thought when I saw the pics on here, a week ago or so. It appears structurally complete - maybe toilets, wiring, etc to do., but how long should that take?

Even in well run building projects it's the snagging and clearing up that takes longer than planned.

13 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Open Goal interview with Coyle:

Thought that was a good episode, be some story if Queens Park go up especially in the circumstances promotion from League One came about (21 points behind second, winning play offs with a late penalty). Good luck for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

Thought that was a good episode, be some story if Queens Park go up especially in the circumstances promotion from League One came about (21 points behind second, winning play offs with a late penalty). Good luck for the rest of the season.

Careful with that sort of sensible take around here, you might upset the supporters of other teams who apparently know more about our finances and wage bill than any of us do.

22 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Just go back a couple of pages.

How did I miss that page?

Looks to me like it could be ready in a month, though I don’t know how long the certification process takes with the relevant bodies (presumably Glasgow council and the SPFL).  Anyone want to take a punt on what the first game there will be?  I’ll go for the Hamilton game. 
(Feel free to come back and quote me in 2026 when QP are setting up for the season at Links Park, and issuing another press release saying that they’re nearing completion.)

Honestly I don’t think it looks all that bad. Might have a decent atmosphere when it’s full, and it’s more human scale than some of the stadiums out there (so far).  And as for the odd details (black box) etc - at least they’ll give it some idiosyncrasies in a time when most stadiums at the cheaper level have very little to set them apart from each other.  The average high school over here has a more individual and interesting stadium than a lot of teams in the UK are building.  I wish teams would incorporate more individual features, Craven Cottage style, but I suppose it’s all about the money.

19 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

It always surprises me when QP do much better in home games than away and yet it’s not their home ground! I’m looking forward to them moving back to LH as it’s a short walk from my house.

Much better? Our away form is pretty good I'd say - 

Screenshot2023-02-28at16_19_05.png.08f0a281116255f51f28d77583721890.png

30 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

Much better? Our away form is pretty good I'd say - 

Screenshot2023-02-28at16_19_05.png.08f0a281116255f51f28d77583721890.png

That really is depressing reading from an Arbroath perspective. We went 17 home league games in a row unbeaten last season, losing only the first game to ICT. This season has been a disaster at Gayfield - 1 win, 5 draws and 7 defeats. Thankfully our decent away form is keeping us in with a small chance of staying up.