The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Genuine question; is there any possibility that Motherwell can still recall shields now the manager has been sacked? Worried that whoever the new manager is might want to have shields as an option in their squad for the rest of the season?

He’s only played 2 games but I’ve been really impressed with his performances so far 

Another genuine question, could Shields play for us were we to meet Motherwell in the playoffs?

10 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm not sure players can be recalled outside of windows except in exceptional circumstance like being the only fit keeper on the loaning teams books.

Hope you’re right but last season we had Dylan Reid on loan from St Mirren who lasted one month before being recalled by St Mirren by the end of February. Steve Robinson was appointed as manager around that period so I’m guessing he was recalled so he could assess him 

Edited by qpfc

24 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:
Another genuine question, could Shields play for us were we to meet Motherwell in the playoffs?

No, can't play against parent club in any competition unless Motherwell let us, which I doubt they would

17 hours ago, qpfc said:

Genuine question; is there any possibility that Motherwell can still recall shields now the manager has been sacked? Worried that whoever the new manager is might want to have shields as an option in their squad for the rest of the season?

He’s only played 2 games but I’ve been really impressed with his performances so far 

15 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm not sure players can be recalled outside of windows except in exceptional circumstance like being the only fit keeper on the loaning teams books.

I AM sure. They can't.

Well technically they can, but they wouldn't be able to play him so it would be pointless.

15 hours ago, qpfc said:

Hope you’re right but last season we had Dylan Reid on loan from St Mirren who lasted one month before being recalled by St Mirren by the end of February. Steve Robinson was appointed as manager around that period so I’m guessing he was recalled so he could assess him 

This makes no sense. You sure of those timings? You can technically cancel a loan at any time but he wouldn't have been allowed to play for St Mirren after recall so there's no point. He could easily have assessed him in training without actually cancelling the loan. It's not unusual for loan players to spend a day or two a week with their parent club if required.

15 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:
15 hours ago, QPFC67 said:

No, can't play against parent club in any competition unless Motherwell let us, which I doubt they would

Can't even do it WITH Motherwell's permission. It's against the rules. Both the SPFL and SFA introduced a rule banning it after Hibs forgot to prevent Calum Booth playing against them in the loan agreement to Raith in 2014 and he did play against them and knocked them out.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Isn’t the domestic loan window still open?

Outwards only for Premiership clubs.

Edit - And even for clubs outside the Premiership, as far as I know you can't recall a loan after 31st January and play them in your own first team. Once they are out they are out from your first team for the rest of the season. You can recall and still play them in Reserves but not first team. You can bring in a new loan from within the SPFL during February but you can't recall one and use them.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This makes no sense. You sure of those timings? You can technically cancel a loan at any time but he wouldn't have been allowed to play for St Mirren (or anyone else at SPFL level) after recall so there's no point. He could easily have assessed him in training without actually cancelling the loan. It's not unusual for loan players to spend a day or two a week with their parent club if required.

He played 2 games for us as a sub and looked pretty poor. I always assumed it was us that sent him back to be honest, but I'm not particularly familiar with the rules so I don't know if that's even an option.

39 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

He played 2 games for us as a sub and looked pretty poor. I always assumed it was us that sent him back to be honest, but I'm not particularly familiar with the rules so I don't know if that's even an option.

Like I said, a loan can be cancelled at any time with agreement of all parties. Whilst he couldn't then play for the parent club, he could potentially go out on loan to another SPFL club if he hadn't already played for two, and he could have gone on loan below the SPFL regardless.

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Can't even do it WITH Motherwell's permission. It's against the rules. Both the SPFL and SFA introduced a rule banning it after Hibs forgot to prevent Calum Booth playing against them in the loan agreement to Raith in 2014 and he did play against them and knocked them out.

And here I though it was because they through he was too shite to hurt them.

I see the club is after my membership ticket on Friday night, should I not be able to attend. They can’t quite seem to find the reply button to my email about pissing £100+ up a wall on a trip to Inverness, though. All feels a bit of a one way street, doesn’t it? 

12 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b250a4c44cdb514bda83f550bf581fa7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f627c6fa6ba0a069e7c83040027bc655.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a4a1133dd7b3523851bab393d501c453.jpeg

Good photos. I know there are capacity and other issues at present but I do think this could still be a tidy little stadium with the two ends filled in. Have no expertise in this area but there surely must be innovative ways to design something for the remaining space to give a reasonable capacity.

Puting aside the space it takes up and its purpose that Big Black Box just looks completely out of place. Hopefully somthing can be done to merge it sympathetically with whatever ends up on the remainder of that side. 

3 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Good photos. I know there are capacity and other issues at present but I do think this could still be a tidy little stadium with the two ends filled in. Have no expertise in this area but there surely must be innovative ways to design something for the remaining space to give a reasonable capacity.

Puting aside the space it takes up and its purpose that Big Black Box just looks completely out of place. Hopefully somthing can be done to merge it sympathetically with whatever ends up on the remainder of that side. 

The elevation and go king size of the “Box” probably make it impossible to place seats anywhere close to it…which makes the decision to put what looks like an eight car garage to the south of it weird. Tucking necessary items close by the “Box” could have left mostly unobstructed view seats in the SW and NW corners, it looks like.

5 hours ago, an86 said:

I see the club is after my membership ticket on Friday night, should I not be able to attend. They can’t quite seem to find the reply button to my email about pissing £100+ up a wall on a trip to Inverness, though. All feels a bit of a one way street, doesn’t it? 

Tell’em it’s theirs for £125?

16 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Hopefully somthing can be done to merge it sympathetically with whatever ends up on the remainder of that side. 

Extend it for the full length of that side. A wee canape or two would make the nice occasional change from a pie.

I see that Inverness are getting £24,000 in TV money for the Killie game. Wonder how the internal review is coming along? The club characteristically gone to ground in relation to those who travelled to Inverness. It’s not going away, lads. We know you’re reading.