The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Spiders For Life said:

Bit of a different episode on the podcast this week. Simon Murray got in touch with us as he wanted to give a bit of background on his move to Ross County. We also have a good chat about the rest of his time with Queen’s for those interested!

Excellent thought he came across really well …nice to hear the actual background to his move and his time at Queens Park really good listen. 

23 hours ago, Spiders For Life said:

Bit of a different episode on the podcast this week. Simon Murray got in touch with us as he wanted to give a bit of background on his move to Ross County. We also have a good chat about the rest of his time with Queen’s for those interested!

Really good listen guys. Simon comes across as quite shy but got some really good insight from him 

23 hours ago, Spiders For Life said:

Thank you for pulling that together - some particularly good questions and generous insights from Simon.  

6 hours ago, harlowspider said:

We have no home. Every game is away.

That's true. It will be interesting to see what sort of crowds the club attract when you return to Lesser. Of course, one can only speculate at the moment - the Hampden crowds were good, but how many were free tickets, or folk attracted by the concept of your 'last ever' home game there?

On 19/02/2023 at 13:23, Spiders For Life said:

Good episode. Great to hear from him direct. 

8 hours ago, pmonigatti said:

With the impending loan deadline, is there any positions (or indeed specific players) we'd like to see brought in to strengthen the squad in the final run in for the championship?

I wouldn't mind another option in the middle of the park in case Boateng or Thomson ever need a break for any reason.

Don't think we'll see any more activity though, as you'd imagine teams will be looking to send players out to get game time and chances are anyone we might bring in would spend a lot of time of the bench.

35 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I wouldn't mind another option in the middle of the park in case Boateng or Thomson ever need a break for any reason.

Don't think we'll see any more activity though, as you'd imagine teams will be looking to send players out to get game time and chances are anyone we might bring in would spend a lot of time of the bench.

I agree. A centre mid would be good. Thats where I would think it would be a young player possibly from a Celtic or Rangers.

I also agree it’s unfortunately not likely to happen either.

15 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

I was there too today and forgot to photograph the new ticket office. You have to see it to believe it. 

How do you mean?  Good?  Bad?  

Mind some of us live far away these days and can't see it for ourselves - we need information!

6 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

It looks like a cross between a shipping container and a builder's hut with ticket office signs on it

If it’s down beside the ramp in to Hampden itself, won’t that just be the ticket pick up cabins they put out for cup games and internationals at Hampden?