The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Looked into Lesser last week, looking good down the one side - any future movement behind either goal ? Be good to see it tidied up/ nearer completion. Isn't the small stand opposite just a bit small ?  20230405_1136182.thumb.jpg.79cdfe7d15bee4b5ee3214c695370502.jpg

To be fair, given the tiny amount of land available to the club on that side, I don't think they could have done much more with it, unless they made it two-tiers.

10 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Well then, with that 1-0 win and the other results going our way, the title is back on 🤪🤪 crazy league and no doubt some crazy highs and lows to come.  

ICT away will be a tough game for Dundee, so they might well drop points. However after that they have Cove at home. So QP really need to get a win at Ayr - that's not going to be easy. 

23 hours ago, G_&_T said:

ICT away will be a tough game for Dundee, so they might well drop points. However after that they have Cove at home. So QP really need to get a win at Ayr - that's not going to be easy. 

Hopefully ICT do us a favour, because I can’t see Cove helping with their form 🤣 Fact of the matter is, 3 QP wins and the title is ours…

2 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Hopefully ICT do us a favour, because I can’t see Cove helping with their form 🤣 Fact of the matter is, 3 QP wins and the title is ours…

Indeed, and earlier in the season that would look quite feasible. My concern is the team's recent form indicates that's unlikely. Dundee need to drop points. In all fairness, ICT away is tough. But so's Ayr. There's always a chance Cove could cause an upset, but it's very unlikely. If QP can go into the last game of the season knowing a win will be enough, I would grab that with both hands right now.

2 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

So if the title goes to to the last game,   will Queens try and get Hampden or play it at Ochilview,  apologies if this has been d one to death previously..

7 hours ago, Passionate said:

So if the title goes to to the last game,   will Queens try and get Hampden or play it at Ochilview,  apologies if this has been d one to death previously..

I'm not sure why they'd want to hand any advantage to Dundee, though.  It's not like Dundee would be bringing anything like enough fans to make it financially worthwhile compared to the cost of losing promotion.  

7 hours ago, Passionate said:

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure why they'd want to hand any advantage to Dundee, though.  It's not like Dundee would be bringing anything like enough fans to make it financially worthwhile compared to the cost of losing promotion.  

The venue has already 100% been confirmed as Ochilview.

10 hours ago, G_&_T said:

Indeed, and earlier in the season that would look quite feasible. My concern is the team's recent form indicates that's unlikely. Dundee need to drop points. In all fairness, ICT away is tough. But so's Ayr. There's always a chance Cove could cause an upset, but it's very unlikely. If QP can go into the last game of the season knowing a win will be enough, I would grab that with both hands right now.

1DC8D2FF-644A-4692-8DBA-F45FC85D04AF.thumb.jpeg.3eed08b794ddefdbef45a5873c900a55.jpegB52270CD-2096-4D61-B100-3A337CC99BD0.thumb.jpeg.9db0e2367f515246548453c6bf967b71.jpeg

Also shows how badly our away form has been. Dundee, Greenock, Raith, Thistle with just one good day at Hamilton. Coyle was mentioning “two bad weeks” but it’s been longer than that. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

58 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Last night's implications - ICT now have an excellent chance of the playoffs but a win on Saturday would seal it, I think. Cove still have the Accies in their sights so will still be up for it at Dens next week.

Or so I hope.

The other results are fun and intriguing but I’m fixed on Friday. If we win all our games, we win the league. Simple as that. I’m much more concerned about the lack of investment in QP from some of our starting squad at the moment. We couldn’t have got to this place without professional contracts but bizarrely now the uncertain status of many of those contracts is our biggest risk.