The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Away support yesterday was really poor for a team chasing premiership football. Big respect to the hardcore that travel away to support the boys👍👍

Excuse me for having a ski holiday booked about 9 months ago. I have been to all the QP games home and away apart from a couple. 

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Excuse me for having a ski holiday booked about 9 months ago. I have been to all the QP games home and away apart from a couple. 

Don’t miss the point, people miss games all the time. It was about the general lack of support for the big run in. My point was actually a well done to those that make it, not a moan at people that cannot. 
Truth is that Raith away support was poor.

Edited by QPSpider1867

On 02/04/2023 at 20:08, spiders4ever said:

chewin-the-fat-fancy-cheese-baguette-modus-operandi.gif.1fb0365730c8278d2db8b6a14103c32c.gif

14 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Is Kennedy any good?

He showed flashes of brilliance when he was on loan at us a few years ago but most of the time he didn’t really do much.

If you are going to be in the premiership next year I wouldn’t have said he would be a good signing. In the Chanpionship, maybe a decent squad player.

Unless he has really improved this year playing in league 1 I suppose.

Edited by PB1994

Epilogue on the Poloc CC “takeover”. Unfortunate announcement date, but it’s bona fide. 

W Academy started as on online coaching academy during CoVid, run by two lower league players who are brothers, Ryan and Kyle Wilkie. Based in East Kilbride, their Facebook page lists a number of youngsters who have moved up to Thistle, Kilmarnock, Ayr and Rangers. They look like a direct competitor for the QP Community programme. Clearly, acquiring a grass facility isn’t just for online activity.

The Queen’s Park Foundation’s announcement today regarding the facilities management of the Holyrood Sports Centre suggest our interest in the Nether Pollok facility, adjacent to Shawholm, has waned.

I’m sure all the Eejits who jumped in to tell us how we had put a cricket club out of business will be along presently with their abject apologies.

Dissolution of the club

1st April 2023

President Kenneth Robertson has, today, written to club members to confirm that the conditional decision taken at the recent Special Meeting of members to dissolve the club, after its tenancy at “Shawholm” was terminated, has been confirmed.  This decision follows unsuccessful discussions to secure cricket under the tenancy of the incoming leaseholder, The W Academy.  The club’s tenancy will officially end on 30 April 2023.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The Queen’s Park Foundation’s announcement today regarding the facilities management of the Holyrood Sports Centre suggest our interest in the Nether Pollok facility, adjacent to Shawholm, has waned.

Using the Holyrood facility makes more sense. If you are wanting to serve the local community, it is a good start to be based in the community. And at a facility that is well known to that community. 

An added bonus would be that we get to use that Holyrood pitch for games next season until Lesser is ready.

Epilogue on the Poloc CC “takeover”. Unfortunate announcement date, but it’s bona fide. 

W Academy started as on online coaching academy during CoVid, run by two lower league players who are brothers, Ryan and Kyle Wilkie. Based in East Kilbride, their Facebook page lists a number of youngsters who have moved up to Thistle, Kilmarnock, Ayr and Rangers. They look like a direct competitor for the QP Community programme. Clearly, acquiring a grass facility isn’t just for online activity.

I’m sure all the Eejits who jumped in to tell us how we had put a cricket club out of business will be along presently with their abject apologies.

Dissolution of the club

1st April 2023

President Kenneth Robertson has, today, written to club members to confirm that the conditional decision taken at the recent Special Meeting of members to dissolve the club, after its tenancy at “Shawholm” was terminated, has been confirmed.  This decision follows unsuccessful discussions to secure cricket under the tenancy of the incoming leaseholder, The W Academy.  The club’s tenancy will officially end on 30 April 2023.

Just wondering if the W Academy run be Ryan and Kyle Wilkie are the sons of ex QP player Douglas Wilkie?

57 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Using the Holyrood facility makes more sense. If you are wanting to serve the local community, it is a good start to be based in the community. And at a facility that is well known to that community. 

An added bonus would be that we get to use that Holyrood pitch for games next season until Lesser is ready.

And more accessible for youngsters. Nether Pollok would be a car run for most. And then there’s the wet and messy pitches. 

The news article, which seems to have been taken down from the OS at the moment, covers more than just community football. Interesting to see how this plays out.

The news article, which seems to have been taken down from the OS at the moment, covers more than just community football. Interesting to see how this plays out.

Agreed. Being a club that is able to:

"deliver a wide range of activities...educational programmes, employment projects, and encourage inclusion....provide employment opportunities for local people, support the local economy, and improve the wellbeing and life chances of local people..."

is a lofty ambition indeed.   

21 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Agreed. Being a club that is able to:

"deliver a wide range of activities...educational programmes, employment projects, and encourage inclusion....provide employment opportunities for local people, support the local economy, and improve the wellbeing and life chances of local people...  and beat Partick Thistle"

is a lofty ambition indeed.