The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

What's the post-match injury report after the Ayr game? Heard anything about Kilday and Thompson? And why was Eze missing from the match squad? Injury or suspension? 

I really don't know the answers to your questions. My take on Eze is ability. Bannon is a much better prospect and we certainly don't need two CDs on the bench in a game we wanted to win.

17 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I really really hope we beat Morton so that I can be at Ochilview on the 5th to witness a title decider game. Win or lose, that will be a day to remember! 

Either way, the trophy is being handed out that night. Even in the worst case scenario, Dundee can’t confirm the Championship until after we play on the Saturday. 

I want to say Thank you to everyone who came to Somerset Park, backed the team and were in their signing voices for the full 90. Despite the game being a Friday Night Fixture on TV and Queens didn’t win yesterday, It was a great day out. We’ll really need to get behind the team for the Final 2 games and to hopefully end the season on a high wether we win the league or go into playoffs. It’s our last League away game of the season at Cappielow and we’ll need as many Queens Park fans there as possible to be the difference on Saturday so please come. There are still places on the supporters bus so book quickly since It’s only a fiver. I’ll put the link for the supporters bus page as well as Tickets for the Morton game which are available now. We should be in the Main Stand Sections F and G although the club will confirm it soon. Let’s do this. 🕷️❤️

https://www.gmfctickets.co.uk/

https://queensparkonlineshop.co.uk/

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

I really don't know the answers to your questions. My take on Eze is ability. Bannon is a much better prospect and we certainly don't need two CDs on the bench in a game we wanted to win.

Whether Eze was injured or not, he won’t be starting any games from now til the end of the season unless Bannon or Fox get injured I’d say. I think he’s lost the trust of Coyle now and there isn’t any excuse about fitness or sharpness which Coyle had used on many post match interviews throughout the season to back the guy up. He seems a really nice guy but he’s been the biggest disappointment in terms of expectation by a long way. 13 caps for Nigeria, made preliminary squad for the 2018 World Cup squad, in his prime years. You’re thinking we’ve signed a gem but it’s just been polar opposite. A shame really 

Bannon on the other hand is a star in the making. He’s one who could quite comfortably be a fixture in the side next season with the potential to sell on. 

I'm sure I am not the only fan that has noticed our poor efficiency from throw-ins to the extent that it seems to benefit the opposition rather than give us an advantage.

This is an area that needs looking at - I'm fed up seeing our throw ins ending in opposition possession. 

Also would it not be sensible to train up somebody for long throw ins which can be just as useful as a corner kick ?

Rant over...

2 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

I'm sure I am not the only fan that has noticed our poor efficiency from throw-ins to the extent that it seems to benefit the opposition rather than give us an advantage.

This is an area that needs looking at - I'm fed up seeing our throw ins ending in opposition possession. 

Also would it not be sensible to train up somebody for long throw ins which can be just as useful as a corner kick ?

Rant over...

Absolutely 

On 20/04/2023 at 10:51, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Like the quote said, you need the “right” players. So what are all the ingredients for right? Seems to me it’s the mental strength that has been weakening and that invariably is improved by experience and knowledge. More than coincidence I think we have a lot of young men short on big game experience. Teens and early twenties who’ve been catapulted from academy teams to the brink of trying to win the tier 2 league. Big ask. Their feet still work fine, it’s the heads.

Watching the Goal of the Season contenders posted this week and the intensity shown and movement off the ball for some of the goals there is markedly better than it has been in recent weeks, though I agree that could be more mental fatigue than physical; which does make me wonder whether another season in the Championship would be more beneficial than promotion to the PL where we're likely to get humped more often than not.

Anyone know who of the squad are out of contract at the end of the year?

8 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Watching the Goal of the Season contenders posted this week and the intensity shown and movement off the ball for some of the goals there is markedly better than it has been in recent weeks, though I agree that could be more mental fatigue than physical; which does make me wonder whether another season in the Championship would be more beneficial than promotion to the PL where we're likely to get humped more often than not.

Kilday, Davidson, Biggar, Nicol, Longridge, Moore, Fox and Yeats are all out of contract 

Realistically I’d only be looking to renew Kilday, Davidson and Fox although I can’t see Fox staying around next year 

Taking into account that we’ll also have 5 loans returning to their parent clubs, I can see our squad looking very different next season no matter what league we’re in 

Edited by qpfc

15 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Kilday, Davidson, Biggar, Nicol, Longridge, Moore, Fox and Yeats are all out of contract 

Realistically I’d only be looking to renew Kilday, Davidson and Fox although I can’t see Fox staying around next year 

Taking into account that we’ll also have 5 loans returning to their parent clubs, I can see our squad looking very different next season no matter what league we’re in 

I think you might be right on the squad look for next season.  

Agree re Fox, Davidson and Kilday.  

Worry a little over Savoury and whether we will allow him to go for a fee over the summer rather than potentially lose him either next January or for nothing next Summer

15 hours ago, qpfc said:

Whether Eze was injured or not, he won’t be starting any games from now til the end of the season unless Bannon or Fox get injured I’d say. I think he’s lost the trust of Coyle now

I would agree.

However, I would be interested to see whether a full pre-season session had a positive impact as it did with Simon Murray this season. 

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

I think you might be right on the squad look for next season.  

Agree re Fox, Davidson and Kilday.  

Worry a little over Savoury and whether we will allow him to go for a fee over the summer rather than potentially lose him either next January or for nothing next Summer

If we’re going to become a sustainable model to at least championship level over a number of years, we will need to consider that we’ll need to sell on the likes of a Savoury every season or so. There is no doubt we’ll receive offers for him this summer 

2 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

I would agree.

However, I would be interested to see whether a full pre-season session had a positive impact as it did with Simon Murray this season. 

Simon just had to get his head straightened out and be shown where to play. It's a very long shot hoping to sort out the feet of a 29 year old former international.

3 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Just watched them again and still can't get a shortlist of five never mind three. We've been blessed...wish it would all come back quickly. Most noticeably Grant Savoury...not just the goals but the turns and positive runs.

2 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

I would agree.

I think that the club wil pay up his contract and he will go home to Nigeria to be with his family.

Surely your board can begin to make inroads into ticketing etc for the game in less than a fortnight? Absolutely no consideration from the Queens particularly as not every fan who wants to be there will get to go due to pathetic stadium the game will be taking place in.

Shocking from the Queens and bang in the category of diddyness.

Thank you.