The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

14 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Maximum patter is Hampden Park next season then old firm fans having a head gones due to not getting 'their end' of the stadium.

That would be beautiful. Rangers fans being given the traditional Celtic end and vice versa. 25 Queen's fans sprinkled in "their" end just to noise them up.

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Why would Queens be given Hampden for games against the OF?

If there are worries about policing and safety then Queens have to pay the extra to cover that. 

I don’t really understand it either. Is it not sold to the SFA? Surely QP have to just let it go now and cannot use it to fall back on? 

News from our beleaguered but beloved brothers in Wattenscheid, who are dicing with the threat of relegation.

They have been awarded three points despite losing to Koln's U23 Kolts as their opponents made an admin error (!) and played more over-23 players than they were allowed to.

To add to the joy, a team near the top of the table will be relegated from their division as their ground does not meet new guidelines (!).

The mighty SGW now move near to a very achievable play off place, with a reasonable chance of moving out of the relegation zone completely.

I'd genuinely rather you go up than Dundee, as it's tiresome having clubs yo-yo between the divisions, and there's still a way to go. Also there's the play-offs, too.  

Looking at the fixtures, Dundee do have some tough games coming up. Away to Arbroath won't be a walk in the park, neither will Raith Rovers, Morton or Inverness. On paper, your only easy fixture is Hamilton at home. 

Of course, it's technically still in your hands, as you're hosting Dundee in the last game of the season. I'd rather you were confirmed Champions by then, but as a neutral it would be a great spectacle and I hope it's played at Hampden, as it will be like a cup final. 

I would not be surprised if the title cames down to the last game of the season.

If this looks more and more likely would borrowing the national stadium be considered since Ochilview only holds around 3,700 and that would be a lot of supporters missing out.

On 30/03/2023 at 14:17, G_&_T said:

The club's ambition was to be a third-tier club, but they have vastly exceeded anyone's expectations.I

Aye I’m sure Owen Coyle, the guy from AZ Alkmaar and Leanne Dempster signed on for a third-tier club salary, right enough… 

1 minute ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Away support yesterday was really poor for a team chasing premiership football. Big respect to the hardcore that travel away to support the boys👍👍

I must admit it was a low turnout wasn't it? I know public transport connections to Kirkcaldy aren't quick from Glasgow but I would have expected us to take 300+, even given the start of the school holidays. I think we had half of that.  

7 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I must admit it was a low turnout wasn't it? I know public transport connections to Kirkcaldy aren't quick from Glasgow but I would have expected us to take 300+, even given the start of the school holidays. I think we had half of that.  

Can only do so much in terms of time and money when every game is an away day. Pay day on Tuesday and I have less money left than a day at the fitba would have cost me, even with the £5 bus. Three aways in the next four weeks, which is £62 before you even consider travel (which is being well subsidised tbf), food, pints etc. Comfortably into three figures. 

We don’t have a big support and we’re not going to grow it until we’re back home. However, as a percentage of our home support, our away support stands up better than many. We regularly take 20-25% of our support to away games.

15 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Yeah I didn’t realise until it was online. Always excuses for people if they search for them, really lacking away numbers. 

The usuals that turn up each week find a way and fair play to them. 

11 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Always excuses for people if they search for them

Pish. Fair play to anyone who has enough time and disposal income to make every single away game, but it’s not the norm for most supporters of any club. 

I was at Inverness midweek because it fell at a point where it was both convenient and at the right point in the pay cycle. Couldn’t do Raith away on a Saturday because it wasn’t. Been to thirteen aways this season and dare say a lot of the folk who were there yesterday have missed games for similar reasons.

14 hours ago, approximately dave said:

I would not be surprised if the title cames down to the last game of the season.

If this looks more and more likely would borrowing the national stadium be considered since Ochilview only holds around 3,700 and that would be a lot of supporters missing out.

Would that be in Queens’ interest though? Surely a bigger capacity would be to Dundee’s benefit. 

The game could be worth everything to QP, so why give up any advantages of a smaller crowd with a near 50:50 split to allow thousands of extra Dundee fans in?  The extra profit would be nothing compared to the income from a season in the Premiership.

I hope Queens come up as it’s something completely different. Enjoy days at Dundee as well, so don’t mind too much if it’s them.

From an outsider’s point of view, it does look as if Queens thoughts for the future is have a small compact stadium for the 3 lower leagues but play next door for any seasons in the top division. In a way I get it as it would make home games with less empty seats a better atmosphere, but maybe suggests they don’t see themselves in the top division more than occasional seasons.

Personally, I think it’s be brilliant having a stadium of about 4000 capacity in the top league if that’s all they require to accommodate home fans and 2000 away fans. So few grounds look full in the Premiership it’d be a breath of fresh air.