LB: Robson 

CM: ?   

CM: Thomson

AM: ? 

RW: Thomas 

LW: ? 

ST: ? 

Subs: Jarrett, Williamson, Bannon, Healy, Eze, Heraghty, Brown 

Can see Eze (especially with Coyle away) and Brown leaving this summer also. Savoury basically a man down for the season also. Yikes we need some good signings 

I reached the same first xi conclusion as you. But I’m feeling hopeful that Bannon can be offered/and take chance to become a starting CB for next season. I think he is developing really well, and, plays the game smartly, in my opinion. The last game at Somerset Park showed that I feel. 

I wonder what happens with Cammy Bruce? Will next season see him more involved as he continues his development?

Also, I feel Scotty needs a loan to a L1 club as he needs a consistent run of games and the chance to show the new boss what he may be able to offer, more long term. 

1 hour ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

If we were still in League 1, I wouldn't mind a young and inexperienced "home-grown" team but to establish ourselves as a championship side, we need a good mixture of both young and experienced players next season. I think the next season's championship promises to be as exciting and unpredictable as it has been this season so building a competitive squad without breaking the bank is entirely possible. 

The fact that Coyle, the other Coyle and Stewart have all left sharply as soon as we were out of the play-offs suggests to me that there was a rift between the coaches and the Dutchman. For Beuker’s programme to grow exponentially he would have liked us in league 2 so that his growth plan could be measured properly. Had we gone up, the gap between his thinking and Coyle was too much. And it’s a problem. Haughey’s made it clear he’s supporting the Beukerball and the club has to finance the squad. Coyle was very positive about the long-term plan and it would fit nicely for him and his return to Glasgow as a Grandad. But in the end, the Auld Heid took over. 

Bur getting so close will hurt and he’ll rightly be expecting support to go the full road next time. And if he’s stood his ground, Beuker is going to win. So that’s two experienced title-winning coaches we’ve lost plus the unpolished rookie who’s only real skill was being compliant. I honestly don’t know how they’re going to get over this hump.

11 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

I reached the same first xi conclusion as you. But I’m feeling hopeful that Bannon can be offered/and take chance to become a starting CB for next season. I think he is developing really well, and, plays the game smartly, in my opinion. The last game at Somerset Park showed that I feel. 

I wonder what happens with Cammy Bruce? Will next season see him more involved as he continues his development?

Also, I feel Scotty needs a loan to a L1 club as he needs a consistent run of games and the chance to show the new boss what he may be able to offer, more long term. 

Totally agree about Bannon. He’s looked mature beyond his years whenever he’s on the pitch. I think he’ll play a lot more next season but I didn’t stick him in the first eleven as I don’t want to be immediately reliant on him when the season kicks off. Want a couple of experienced pros that can help guide him along across the back 

Ive no idea when Bruce will get his chance in all honesty. Robson unless he picks up a bad injury will never be dropped imo, he’s the captain after all. Although I can’t see him retaining captaincy this season, just don’t think it’s for him. Wouldn’t surprise if Bruce was potentially sold? Was linked with loads of clubs down south alongside Celtic and rangers last season and we even turned a couple bids down if I’m not mistaken 

We can all postulate & theorise to our heart's content about who should & shouldn't be in the team, it would we good if we had a manager to actually make the decisions.

I hope the silence and relative lack of rumours means the club is working hard to find a candidate who is not off the merry-go-round of Scottish managerial mediocrity.

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Realistically I’m looking at this as positions needed for the first 11 

GK: Ferrie 

RB: ?

CB: ?

CB: ? 

LB: Robson 

CM: ?   

CM: Thomson

AM: ? 

RW: Thomas 

LW: ? 

ST: ? 

Subs: Jarrett, Williamson, Bannon, Healy, Eze, Heraghty, Brown 

Can see Eze (especially with Coyle away) and Brown leaving this summer also. Savoury basically a man down for the season also. Yikes we need some good signings 

If we are looking at this with an eye to the mid-term, surely Jarratt or Brown plays AM, Healy left wing and Williamson up front? We obviously skipped any kind of growing pains 30-odd league games this year but think they might be coming next season, and maybe we'd be be better for.going through them.

Edited by RichRJohnstone

5 minutes ago, RichRJohnstone said:

If we are looking at this with an eye to the mid-term, surely Jarratt or Brown plays AM, Healy left wing and Willoamson up front? We obviously skipped any kind of growing pains 30-odd league games this year but think they might be coming next season, and maybe we'd be be better for.going through them.

In theory that sounds a good idea but there’s still no rush for the likes of Healy and Williamson. Long term contracts, although I wouldn’t be adverse to Williamson going out on loan. There’s a goal scorer there but needs the run of games

Big big opportunity for Jarrett this season. Savoury injured means there’s a place open for him. Again, I’ve looked the look of Jarrett on the whole but thought he tailed off a bit by the end (like everyone). Didn’t necessarily take the chances he got given last 2 months 

Brown who knows what’s gonna happen. Incredibly talented but that’s a year without football and he’s being linked with a few clubs now. Suggests to me his future may lie elsewhere 

45 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

For Beuker’s programme to grow exponentially he would have liked us in league 2 so that his growth plan could be measured properly

Listened to an interview he did for a podcast he did back in his AZ days, (link below for those quicker on the uptake than me) and I reckon you're spot on.  Large data sets, prime recruitment age of 11.8years etc etc.  we're ahead of where the plan had us and I'm guessing without the necessary and oft quoted gold reserves to advance us forward, OC decided time was up.  Next year will be the litmus, fully expect to see us go a bit backwards.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/training-ground-guru-podcast/id1458881321?i=1000506806959

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Totally agree about Bannon. He’s looked mature beyond his years whenever he’s on the pitch. I think he’ll play a lot more next season but I didn’t stick him in the first eleven as I don’t want to be immediately reliant on him when the season kicks off. Want a couple of experienced pros that can help guide him along across the back 

Ive no idea when Bruce will get his chance in all honesty. Robson unless he picks up a bad injury will never be dropped imo, he’s the captain after all. Although I can’t see him retaining captaincy this season, just don’t think it’s for him. Wouldn’t surprise if Bruce was potentially sold? Was linked with loads of clubs down south alongside Celtic and rangers last season and we even turned a couple bids down if I’m not mistaken 

While Bannon has tended to be played at the back, I believe he has played his youth career as a centre mid. Will he be considered as an option there next season rather than further back.

A lot will probably depend on how the new manager assesses the squad.

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The fact that Coyle, the other Coyle and Stewart have all left sharply as soon as we were out of the play-offs suggests to me that there was a rift between the coaches and the Dutchman. For Beuker’s programme to grow exponentially he would have liked us in league 2 so that his growth plan could be measured properly. Had we gone up, the gap between his thinking and Coyle was too much. And it’s a problem. Haughey’s made it clear he’s supporting the Beukerball and the club has to finance the squad. Coyle was very positive about the long-term plan and it would fit nicely for him and his return to Glasgow as a Grandad. But in the end, the Auld Heid took over. 

Bur getting so close will hurt and he’ll rightly be expecting support to go the full road next time. And if he’s stood his ground, Beuker is going to win. So that’s two experienced title-winning coaches we’ve lost plus the unpolished rookie who’s only real skill was being compliant. I honestly don’t know how they’re going to get over this hump.

I would tend to agree with your take on this. 

And would side with the club if that is this case; long term sustainability of the club over anyone's short term ambition, would be my instinct.

Similar to the situation we had when mckinnon won L2.

23 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

What about something like this?

image.png.b18820c8c2a15ac7d6be5a97c7482c99.png

No doubt that'll have been put away in a cupboard for later use.

Fun fact, just after the tragic fire at Bradford City, as was the case everywhere in the UK, this stand was assessed for fire risk and found to be the safest due to there being so little wood in it.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Disappointed to see Davidson go but perhaps he suffered from not having a set position. Oakley fell away and I'd have had Jake at right back.

I thought Longridge was one of the few successes in the dying embers of the season. Maybe his retention isn't such a surprise.

Probably fair to say that Kilday was the surprise story of the season. I felt he really stepped up, but the utter shambles at the back in the last few weeks won't have helped his cause.

As for a new coach, Coyle was supposedly in the running for the Aberdeen job a few months ago so I'd be very surprised if we hadn't drawn up a wish list then and we've been topping that up ever since.

I know you folks are probably sick to death of the question, but I was looking back a few pages at the stadium chat. I also live in battlefield/Cathcart and walked past Lesser a few days back. I saw the ground a few months ago walking to watch Scotland t but didn’t take it in fully as I was pished. But it really does look too small (even the royal box seems too small to host sizeable hospitality!). A couple of questions if folks would be so kind?:

Is there a terrace going in behind the goal? 

What is the overall capacity going to be?

What is the likely away allocation (is there a % that must be given for league games etc.)? 

I loved going to watch the Rovers at Hampden. And where I live look forward to the ‘away trip’ next year. But really hope all the boys I go with will get a ticket!

18 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I know you folks are probably sick to death of the question, but I was looking back a few pages at the stadium chat. I also live in battlefield/Cathcart and walked past Lesser a few days back. I saw the ground a few months ago walking to watch Scotland t but didn’t take it in fully as I was pished. But it really does look too small (even the royal box seems too small to host sizeable hospitality!). A couple of questions if folks would be so kind?:

What is the likely away allocation (is there a % that must be given for league games etc.)? 

I loved going to watch the Rovers at Hampden. And where I live look forward to the ‘away trip’ next year. But really hope all the boys I go with will get a ticket!

good questions

Based on our recent attempt at giving Dundee 300 tickets out of Ochilview's alleged capacity of 3700, I think it's fair to assume that in its current state the away allocation at Lesser will be approximately 75.

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Answer to all of the questions is “don’t know.” Any questions that are asked are treated with dismissive contempt. The fans apparently don’t need to know these things. Shut up, stop moaning, and give us your money. That’s really what our role is seen as. 

I’ve seen both of our clubs linked with Jamie Barjonas as he wants to return to full time football, do yous need a No10? if so then take him. I don’t really rate him highly as others do and we have plenty of players who play in that no10 role… and he will likely end up at you because of better financials, lives in Glasgow not for to travel etc 

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’ve seen both of our clubs linked with Jamie Barjonas as he wants to return to full time football, do yous need a No10? if so then take him. I don’t really rate him highly as others do and we have plenty of players who play in that no10 role… and he will likely end up at you because of better financials, lives in Glasgow not for to travel etc 

We need loads of positions and a number 10 is right up there in priority with Savoury now injuring his ACL. I genuinely have no information about him as a player other than him being one of Kelty’s best players 

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Lmao he's a goon