The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Mal Boateng only got a couple of minutes for a second string looking Palace side at Barnet last night. Thought that ship might have sailed until we pulled a Bayern loan signing out of the hat. Bring him home. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

No, the multi club aspect has always been a thing. It's mostly that QP have been too shite over the years for many outside of your own fanbase to take an interest.

Further evidence that we are a "big club" now.

17 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Further evidence that we are a "big club" now.

Indeed. Though obviously on this forum there is a direct proportional link to how much interest others take in your business and how weird, shitty or otherwise dodgy your club's behaviour is perceived to be.

7 minutes ago, renton said:

Indeed. Though obviously on this forum there is a direct proportional link to how much interest others take in your business and how weird, shitty or otherwise dodgy your club's behaviour is perceived to be.

I don't know how you could be bothered to be honest.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nonsense. The multi-club thing, where fans of other clubs post in the thread dedicated to a specific team, has been ongoing for as long as I've been on this site and probably well before that too. 

😂 You’ve a career in politics waiting if you want it matey. Just say any old pish to suit your narrative. Away back to your barn and attend to the goats.

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

😂 You’ve a career in politics waiting if you want it matey. Just say any old pish to suit your narrative. Away back to your barn and attend to the goats.

What's not accurate about that? The site on the go for many years before I joined. 

I have neither a barn nor goats.

2 hours ago, renton said:

No, the multi club aspect has always been a thing. It's mostly that QP have been too shite over the years for many outside of your own fanbase to take an interest.

Rubbish. Queen’s Park started everything in Scottish football including PnB. We then “sold” it to Div and his pals for two hot dogs and a six pack of Pepsi, which turned out to be a very good deal.

But it’s still our rules. 

Must have been really boring on the League 2 threads with no one daring to venture into other teams threads to 1. Embarrass themselves or 2. Wind up other posters.

Welcome to the big leagues lads. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

What's not accurate about that? The site on the go for many years before I joined. 

For decades I’ve been asking Falkirk fans why it is there’s a rivalry with Dunfermline. No-one could ever explain. You and your knobhob friend have finally given me the answer. 

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

For decades I’ve been asking Falkirk fans why it is there’s a rivalry with Dunfermline. No-one could ever explain. You and your knobhob friend have finally given me the answer. 

You appear to be unhappy that a football forum existed before I became a member of said forum.

Furthermore, you appear to be unhappy that posters on said forum are free to post in any thread they like and indeed have done pretty much since the inception of the site.

Finally you seem to believe that not liking the functionality of a multi club forum is the reason for a footballing rivalry that existed decades before said multi club forum did.

Odd.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You appear to be unhappy that a football forum existed before I became a member of said forum.

Furthermore, you appear to be unhappy that posters on said forum are free to post in any thread they like and indeed have done pretty much since the inception of the site.

Finally you seem to believe that not liking the functionality of a multi club forum is the reason for a footballing rivalry that existed decades before said multi club forum did.

Odd.

Very apt signature for yourself.

28 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Must have been really boring on the League 2 threads with no one daring to venture into other teams threads to 1. Embarrass themselves or 2. Wind up other posters.

Welcome to the big leagues lads. 

Have you had Clyde or Dumbarton in your division? We've had plenty of experience of halfwittery from other fans.

3 hours ago, an86 said:

Mal Boateng only got a couple of minutes for a second string looking Palace side at Barnet last night. Thought that ship might have sailed until we pulled a Bayern loan signing out of the hat. Bring him home. 

I said all last season he's the one player we should go full blown Gretna for and sign on a decent contract. If he had another season with us as good as last year, you'd make a healthy profit on him no matter what was spent to bring him here.

Even with a couple of new faces at centre mid to go with Jack Thomson, I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat.

53 minutes ago, Dave said:

I said all last season he's the one player we should go full blown Gretna for and sign on a decent contract. If he had another season with us as good as last year, you'd make a healthy profit on him no matter what was spent to bring him here.

Even with a couple of new faces at centre mid to go with Jack Thomson, I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat.

Mal Boateng would be an ideal fit for the new Dutch style Queen's, especially in that area of playing out of defence into midfield. He would also add a nice touch of steel in there which would help us cope with the inevitable opposition high press. Conversely the new playing system and training methods would help Mal develop as a player. A season long loan or even a push the boat out Gretna style signing would suit both parties at this time.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Having been here for several years before DA joined I can confirm that.

A- thread jumping had always went on between fans of other clubs.

and

B- @Bring Your Own Socks may not have noticed point A as nobody cared about the QP thread before your recent ascent to the role of pantomime villains of Scottish fitba (I speak on the subject of pantomime villains with authority as a Airdrie fan).