The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

6 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Did we line up with 4 or 3 at the back?

if it was 4 who actually played right back?

It was a back 4, but we went to a back 3 with one of the late substitutions. Longridge played at RB, and when he was subbed off for Liam McLeish (at the same time Robson was subbed off for Bannon) we went to a back three of Bannon/Tizzard/Fox.

11 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I'm not worried at all about today. Always expected us to take a bit of time to adjust to this new style of play, and we saw plenty of it. Disappointing that we didn't score and we've probably no chance of getting through the group now, but that's fine. Fairly sure we'll be looking for a right back and another striker.

I do think we need another solid option in centre mid as well

11 hours ago, Zanetti said:

No chance. The boy is dynamite for his age, bur Calum Ferrie is definitely our number one. Would be surprised if he's not on the bench though, which in itself impressive for a 16 year old! He looked very commanding today, and there's a reason he keeps getting a game for Scotland at his age group. A very exciting prospect.

Granted it’s a very small sample size with Mckenna, I genuinely would consider playing him as first choice keeper as I can’t remember a 16 year old look so ready for 1st team football. With the new style of play implemented, the keeper needs to be more than adequate with the ball at their feet and ultimately as much as I like Ferrie, his distribution with the ball is arguably the weakest part of his game. I’d worry a lot with him on the ball playing the way we are 

3 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I would be surprised if something had not been arranged. Clothed in secrecy and behind closed doors, obviously.

Maybe we're going on a secret mini-break to The Netherlands, (like we did last pre-season)...you know, where with the added benefit that it's also where our 'subject to work-permit' manager is

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

Maybe we're going on a secret mini-break to The Netherlands, (like we did last pre-season)...you know, where with the added benefit that it's also where our 'subject to work-permit' manager is

Could be wrong but had assumed he was in post now as he said the off field formalities were now completed in his pre match thoughts on Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Could be wrong but had assumed he was in post now as he said the off field formalities were now completed in his pre match thoughts on Saturday. 

Aye, definitely here now. 

5 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Our “historic kit partnership” with Adidas now sees our away top being an exact match for the home top of……….both Johnstone Burgh and Camelon Juniors 

The away shirt is just a generic shirt that Adidas have in their teamwear catalogue

5 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Our “historic kit partnership” with Adidas now sees our away top being an exact match for the home top of……….both Johnstone Burgh and Camelon Juniors 

My hope is that next season we may get something more bespoke and individualised. It is the hope that kills you 😆 

9 hours ago, an86 said:

See we’ve been papped into the end of the main stand at Fir Park due to low sales. I’ve not bought mine yet, but can’t say I’d be overly surprised with a poor turnout.

Total non shock at this - when I bought mine last night we were choosing from one section of the stand behind the goals and there were way more for sale than had been sold. Won’t stop us all moaning about crap view, stuck in a corner etc etc etc.