The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Would love a loan or two in the door - and wouldn’t actually rule out the Lord being willing to fund it… But sadly got a feeling we’re more likely to run with the current crop…

Any yoong QP midfielders knocking on the door? I’d be inclined to bring the all-jacks back in, but someone needs to be breathing down Turners neck at the moment. Got to imagine Spong will run out of steam at some stage too? 

Everytime I come on here I'm just absolutely baffled as to how much your owners/board are taking you for a ride. 

With regards to your dugouts is it not so your manager is closer to the linesman? When Fox clattered McCann at our game a couple of weeks ago our bench was closer to the assistant ref, got the feeling this really irked your gaffer who then refused the post match handshake. 

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

Everytime I come on here I'm just absolutely baffled as to how much your owners/board are taking you for a ride. 

With regards to your dugouts is it not so your manager is closer to the linesman? When Fox clattered McCann at our game a couple of weeks ago our bench was closer to the assistant ref, got the feeling this really irked your gaffer who then refused the post match handshake. 

Wouldn’t rule anything out at our club these days

Changing the dugout rather than the set up of the team in response to a defeat feels like something we would do 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Women’s team is an afterthought. which isn’t good enough.

The Women's team sit currently 2nd by a point in the SWPL2.  You'd have thought given our aim of 'coming home' and building a support, that support would be inclusive and be extended to the Women's team, (much as other clubs are finally waking up to).  If ever there was a time to be investing in Women's football and grow the profile of QP, then it's now.  You'd have thought that might have crossed the mind of Leanne Dempster alone?

2 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

The Women's team sit currently 2nd by a point in the SWPL2.  You'd have thought given our aim of 'coming home' and building a support, that support would be inclusive and be extended to the Women's team, (much as other clubs are finally waking up to).  If ever there was a time to be investing in Women's football and grow the profile of QP, then it's now.  You'd have thought that might have crossed the mind of Leanne Dempster alone?

Not saying I’d go to every single game, but I’d definitely go to multiple over the course of a season. If you don’t drive, Tinto Park is also a pain in the arse to get to by public transport from our main catchment area.

There are so many girls drop out of sport in general, not just football at around 14-15.  My daughter is 12 and playing U14, because the U14's are struggling for players - and it's worse at U16 level.  She loves playing but she has shown no interest in watching any football, live/TV, until now where she's actively asking to go to the Scotland Women's games.  

How great would it be to be able to use Lesser for QP Women? - in any event, isn't that kind of the reason behind investing so heavily in a hybrid pitch, surely it's not so fragile it can't withstand a game a week?

QPFC Community Girls

14 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

There are so many girls drop out of sport in general, not just football at around 14-15.  My daughter is 12 and playing U14, because the U14's are struggling for players - and it's worse at U16 level.  She loves playing but she has shown no interest in watching any football, live/TV, until now where she's actively asking to go to the Scotland Women's games.  

How great would it be to be able to use Lesser for QP Women? - in any event, isn't that kind of the reason behind investing so heavily in a hybrid pitch, surely it's not so fragile it can't withstand a game a week?

Don’t know if this is our supplier but they have Celtic on their list so good enough…

image.thumb.png.01d019360d1f00419667d00d47d5b760.png

Sadly, it’s all about the money. I’m sure if they get promoted it’ll ramp up a bit.

https://community.queensparkfc.co.uk/girls-community-teams/

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Not saying I’d go to every single game, but I’d definitely go to multiple over the course of a season. If you don’t drive, Tinto Park is also a pain in the arse to get to by public transport from our main catchment area.

And it's even worse (driving or public transport) when Rangers are at home on the same day.

Edited by Ben Reilly

Pre-match from Veldman. Sounds like an acceptance that things need adjusted to suit what he has. Let’s see.

I’m cutting him some slack after reviewing all the goals last week. Focussing on how we lost possession, and where on the pitch, it was all down to individual mistakes and really bad ones at that. But the transition from that point is also a big problem and due to this system he’s trying but clearly the quality of player he has isn’t up to it. So we’ll see on Saturday if what’s been worked on this week will stop the free runs. Equally, individuals on the ball need to be much sharper in possession.

4 hours ago, pmonigatti said:

Not able to make the Q&A tonight. Would someone be able to share their feedback on it here to get a sense of how it goes?

Nothing particularly standing out from their answers but Dom did mention that Veldman is trying to add 2 or 3 players as he hinted depth is an issue. Hopefully he’s insinuating that there will be players in for Saturday 

Spoke to Dom Thomas after the formal session and he said that when they went through the film of the game afterwards, it was mistake after mistake. Longridge said much the same; the players made too many mistakes.

Entertaining evening. The guys came over very well.

We’re not gonna sign anyone are we…?

Bad enough when the fans know how desperately we need players but when you know the players think similarly regarding the squad being light in numbers, you realise it’s not some master plan by Beuker but more just poor recruitment overall 

A shame, genuinely thought we’d of signed someone today 

12 hours ago, qpfc said:

We’re not gonna sign anyone are we…?

Bad enough when the fans know how desperately we need players but when you know the players think similarly regarding the squad being light in numbers, you realise it’s not some master plan by Beuker but more just poor recruitment overall 

A shame, genuinely thought we’d of signed someone today 

Victims of our own success or caught between a rock and a hard place? As I understand it, loans have to come from a higher league which narrows the field quite a bit. Add to that, do we really want more young pretenders demanding a start each week when we need the space for our own young pretenders. As for wizened auld heids, I’m not sure Beuker knows how to have that conversation.

We are where we are.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Victims of our own success or caught between a rock and a hard place? As I understand it, loans have to come from a higher league which narrows the field quite a bit. Add to that, do we really want more young pretenders demanding a start each week when we need the space for our own young pretenders. As for wizened auld heids, I’m not sure Beuker knows how to have that conversation.

We are where we are.

This is what I don't understand.

I get the whole 'we're not going to get anyone in who isn't better than we already have' but then to lose a CB to suspension and then decide to use a midfielder to fill the hole rather than use one of either 2 CB's that are sat on the bench, (and in doing so denying them the 'minutes that your philosophy dictates) all seems to be rather dichotomous. 

Despite that, I'm even more impressed with Veldman....anyone who can sit through that Ayr game then re-watch it a further twice must have an extremely high pain threshold - the man's a machine!

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We are where we are.

Are you sure about that?  We had Dowds and Wighton on loan a couple years back, both of whom came from teams in the league below.

2 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

This is what I don't understand.

I get the whole 'we're not going to get anyone in who isn't better than we already have' but then to lose a CB to suspension and then decide to use a midfielder to fill the hole rather than use one of either 2 CB's that are sat on the bench, (and in doing so denying them the 'minutes that your philosophy dictates) all seems to be rather dichotomous. 

Despite that, I'm even more impressed with Veldman....anyone who can sit through that Ayr game then re-watch it a further twice must have an extremely high pain threshold - the man's a machine!

Greenie for the use of ‘dichotomous’.

Not enough references on here to Greek heroes IMO.

I’m old enough to remember the “Media Day” and various other public forums since pre-season when, with a straight face, Marijn Beuker and Robin Veldman were telling everyone that this season would see us playing aggressive/attractive/dominant football.

The team is absolute mess, partly due to Beuker’s negligence in building the squad and partly due to a hopelessly out of place Head Coach.

Morton will wipe the floor with us next week and Airdrie will show us how you actually play attractive football.

Anyone that thinks dropping McKenna was in any way going to change our fortunes is talking madness. No keeper is going to change our fortunes with that defence. Ferrie is a more than capable goalkeeper at championship level but had McKenna did the same today, some would be crying for him to be dropped. Ferrie made approximately zero saves today and that’s no criticism on the guy but he’s so exposed by the defence it’s incredible 

Edited by qpfc