The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Didn't make the game today due work, but in anticipation of the highlights, what's the general consensus?, are there signs that the team are gelling or have we been giving away the same goals and getting results because the opposition were below par.  Genuinely thought Thistle were poor last week but despite that, rather than because of that, we battered them and had assumed from that, that we were on an upward trend

I think this team is going to come good soon. Realise it's been ridiculously frustrating, and I've not been shy about complaining about a LOT of things over the past couple of months, but there's been a clear improvement in recent matches. Getting rid of Veldman, which clearly isn't going to happen anyway, would mean the team having to start again with a new style of management and tactics. I absolutely understand why some people are concerned but it's a tight league and if the wins do start coming soon (which is obviously vital) we'll be fine, and are even still capable of pushing on a bit.

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

Didn't make the game today due work, but in anticipation of the highlights, what's the general consensus?, are there signs that the team are gelling or have we been giving away the same goals and getting results because the opposition were below par.  Genuinely thought Thistle were poor last week but despite that, rather than because of that, we battered them and had assumed from that, that we were on an upward trend

We dominated for spells in the first half without really creating many clear chances then did our usual (1) give ball away in the middle of the park and (2) get ourselves into trouble at the back, give away a silly foul which leads to a goal when blootering the ball into Sommerset Rd would have sufficed.

That said, bags of skill and spirit on display.The team overran Ayr for much of the second half. Wave after wave of attack. Dom rampant. Robin's subs added a threat as well so fair play to him.

If we can find a way to stop having a costly gaffe in us we will win games.

3 hours ago, SensibleSpider said:

Cmon. Arbroath like to play the " we are part time card " but in reality they just pay their players shit money. 

However! I do agree, a win is much needed. Draws don't do anything if everyone around is winning 

Surely, not everyone is winning.

6 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Didn’t go to the game, but seeing the progress of Ayr’s new stand, via the highlights got me wondering. 

Will Ayr have a redeveloped Somerset Park, before we see any development in North or South ends at Lesser? 

The radio silence from our club about the future suggests the answer is not in doubt.

11 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

The radio silence from our club about the future suggests the answer is not in doubt.

I very much doubt if Lesser will ever be our permanent home. Opportunity wasted with the building of the "Royal Box". Apart from occasional cutting of the grass there appears no sign of any further development.

Even if we had spades in the ground now, we wouldn't have a chance of confidently being ready for next season... the fact there's been zero progress tells you exactly where this sits in the list of priorities... 

If something happened with the current arrangement and we got turfed out of Hampden (again), we could get in temp stands pretty quickly... but that's another lot of needless expense.. 

On 05/11/2023 at 22:21, TheHitman said:

Didn’t go to the game, but seeing the progress of Ayr’s new stand, via the highlights got me wondering. 

Will Ayr have a redeveloped Somerset Park, before we see any development in North or South ends at Lesser? 

Ayr'll be in the Champions League before we see any further development at Lesser.

On 02/11/2023 at 08:53, CTQP1867 said:

Cheers - those accounts should be quite revolting.

FTFY

On 02/11/2023 at 08:48, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There was an EGM in the summer to draw the annual accounts into line with how other professional clubs are run by having the year end in June rather than December. It was also agreed that the AGM would accordingly be scheduled for December or sooner, formerly May, at which time the accounts are presented to members. You will also find a notification to CH of a change of Accounting Reference moving the Dec 22 accounts to June 23, ostensibly to reset the 12 month cycle. So in December, the accounts dated Jan 22 - Jun 23 will be presented and subsequently published. 

All of the above info available on the QPFC CH page.

The Greater vs Lessor talk had me looking again, so am I understanding this correctly?

Previous reporting was Jan 1-Dec 31, 2021 by roughly Dec 31, 2022 (was really early Jan 2023)

Change was to increase one “year” of reporting to 18 months, effectively changing the end of the reporting year to June 30, 2023 from Dec 31, 2022…however it retained the roughly Dec 31, 2023 deadline to report?

It makes sense on a footballing level, but the timing seems a bit convenient with the various reports and visual evidence of struggles with redevelopment and construction.

23 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Even if we had spades in the ground now, we wouldn't have a chance of confidently being ready for next season... the fact there's been zero progress tells you exactly where this sits in the list of priorities... 

If something happened with the current arrangement and we got turfed out of Hampden (again), we could get in temp stands pretty quickly... but that's another lot of needless expense.. 

These guys seems to be in the right ball park: PowerPoint Presentation (gleventsstadia.co.uk)

I’ve heard the young QP team are very good they will be disappointed with that result. They played St Mirren in a friendly last week and won 2-1, Hepburn with a goal and assist and Fairlie for the other goal. 

sounds like they were missing a few players too who are training with the 1st team . 

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

FTFY

The Greater vs Lessor talk had me looking again, so am I understanding this correctly?

Previous reporting was Jan 1-Dec 31, 2021 by roughly Dec 31, 2022 (was really early Jan 2023)

Change was to increase one “year” of reporting to 18 months, effectively changing the end of the reporting year to June 30, 2023 from Dec 31, 2022…however it retained the roughly Dec 31, 2023 deadline to report?

It makes sense on a footballing level, but the timing seems a bit convenient with the various reports and visual evidence of struggles with redevelopment and construction.

FY21 - period 12-months to 31 December 2021; filed on 29 December 2022. Was filed just within filing deadline (by two-days, assuming COVID three-month extension was taken, as was then (but no longer is) permissible). Clear as muck? They knew what they were doing here and did it well.

FY23 - period 18-months to 30 June 2023. Due to be filed by 31 March 2024. These next reports will indeed make interesting reading. 

What will drive some people mental is that as of a recent change all Scottish companies must now send their accounts to Cardiff to be filed, and it’s taking Cardiff aeons to process documents currently as compared to what used to be the norm. I wouldn’t be surprised if these accounts don’t show up online until late April 2024 (whilst still being filed on time).

So yes it could be 15-16 months between publishing accounts without doing anything wrong. 

But then equally they might have chosen to shorten their next period to be six-months to June 2022 and those accounts would have been published by March 2023. A more transparent way to make this change it could be argued. But taking that extra year helps them keep difficult numbers out the public eye doesn’t it?

14 hours ago, MattyD said:

sounds like they were missing a few players too who are training with the 1st team . 

QP played a very young team but Accies had a few with experience including Zanatta and it did seem to make a difference. Quite impressed with Archie Graham at the back.