The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

It looks likely that we’ll see a reasonable amount of change at the club within the next week or so, but let’s keep in mind that that all of this is the result of complete mismanagement and any attempts at painting this as a brave new dawn should be loudly scoffed at. There has been no accountability for any of the numerous shambles that have occurred since we turned pro. If we go with business as usual, we cannot expect different outcomes.

I have reservations about the structure of the club, but that’s one for the longer term. The structure is the structure and that’s what we currently have to work with. With that in mind, we obviously need fresh blood and fresh ideas when it comes to decision making. I’ll be backing Lynne and David for the committee and would urge every other member who is feeling disillusioned to do the same. If you can’t make it to the AGM, make your vote count with a proxy. The result may or may not be successful, but it’s important that a strength of feeling is shown. We can either do something or do nothing. The latter is only going to see the same things continuing to happen.

It’s notable that two of the sitting members didn’t submit statements in support of their candidacies and I’m also told that there have been deals offered and rejected to one or more of the new candidates. It really is very grubby stuff and says an awful lot about how certain factions within the club view their own positions and, indeed, the voice of the membership.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

It leaves David Hunter to be the guy negotiating transfers.

My understanding is that someone else is informally, for the time being, involved in that side of things. Wouldn’t like to name any names or drop any hints. 

IMG_2537.jpeg.195b5ed7b2fa10e04139c61751c88f67.jpeg

5 hours ago, Spider said:

I've heard rumours that Dempster is leaving.

Maybe a sacrificial lamb before any AGM etc.

It leaves David Hunter to be the guy negotiating transfers.

Remind me. What happens when a ship begins to sink?

Some good honest comments from Keith McAllister in today's match programme about the need for a reboot at next week's AGM. Hope this happens.

I am not a member so won't be there. But I would be interested to know how much revenue the Lesser Hampden Director's box hospitality suite (built in lieu of an away stand) has generated thus far, and whether it exceeds away ticket sales thus far at big Hampden. Could a member on here ask the question?  If it is generating more money than ticket sales then at least the unpopular decision to build it can be defended.

22 hours ago, an86 said:

It looks likely that we’ll see a reasonable amount of change at the club within the next week or so, but let’s keep in mind that that all of this is the result of complete mismanagement and any attempts at painting this as a brave new dawn should be loudly scoffed at. There has been no accountability for any of the numerous shambles that have occurred since we turned pro. If we go with business as usual, we cannot expect different outcomes.

I have reservations about the structure of the club, but that’s one for the longer term. The structure is the structure and that’s what we currently have to work with. With that in mind, we obviously need fresh blood and fresh ideas when it comes to decision making. I’ll be backing Lynne and David for the committee and would urge every other member who is feeling disillusioned to do the same. If you can’t make it to the AGM, make your vote count with a proxy. The result may or may not be successful, but it’s important that a strength of feeling is shown. We can either do something or do nothing. The latter is only going to see the same things continuing to happen.

It’s notable that two of the sitting members didn’t submit statements in support of their candidacies and I’m also told that there have been deals offered and rejected to one or more of the new candidates. It really is very grubby stuff and says an awful lot about how certain factions within the club view their own positions and, indeed, the voice of the membership.

I was a member many years ago and if what you say is true about two people who are standing for Committee have not bothered to submit a statement as to why they should be, I can guess who they are, bet they are about 70 years old and are ex Presidents. Disgracefull

Does it cost Queen’s Park much to use Hampden these days?

I suppose it’s also a potential incentive to get players to join the Spiders and a bit more of power in the transfer market if you are after a player- the chance to play at Hampden and use of the facilities 

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Does it cost Queen’s Park much to use Hampden these days?

I suppose it’s also a potential incentive to get players to join the Spiders and a bit more of power in the transfer market if you are after a player- the chance to play at Hampden and use of the facilities 

I am not sure, to be honest, and a good question to be asked at next week's AGM.  I hope we get some form of discount given the Scotland team's access to Lesser, which has a better pitch (best in Scotland/UK apparently!) and excellent changing facilities (modelled on Tottenham's so we are told).  Not sure how much allure playing at Hampden has for footballers but I would imagine it is more than playing at Lesser!

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

A reminder for anyone who can make it to Lesser on Sunday and wants to bring the whisper to a shout…sadly the club haven’t put it on the news board this week, yet. Best of luck ladies!

image.thumb.png.aeace38b398c41fee086c327adb56f77.png

Yeah the club's support for our hugely successful women's team has been truly underwhelming. 1 tweet & 1 retweet on the club tXitter account.  The club has 21K followers, the women's account has 3.5k.  You'd almost think they don't want to highlight the success & positive attitude in the women's squad in case it reflects badly on the big boys.  And they don't get paid!!! Isn't that amazing?

7 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Massively pleased for Ruari tonight. Great threat , well taken goal and a man of the match interview. Great stuff. 

Please share with BYOS and Willie Braveheart.....yes we were watching the same game and same.player who has been busting his gut all season for Queens Park 

3 minutes ago, It is our time to shine said:

Please share with BYOS and Willie Braveheart.....yes we were watching the same game and same.player who has been busting his gut all season for Queens Park 

Joint top scorer in the championship but just not cut out for this level apparently 🤷‍♂️