The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

10 hours ago, Dave said:

This comment has annoyed me for nearly a week now, and let me just say despite our (many 👀) disagreements in the past this is absolutely no dig at you and I appreciate you passing on the information that you did. 

Compare and contrast the two following AGM updates, from Queen's Park and then this post this evening from Partick Thistle. Yes ok, one of these clubs is now fan owned and one is not, but honestly that shouldn't make a difference. Why can a proper update not be given to all Queen's Park fans to ensure everyone knows what has happened, what is happening and what is going to happen in the immediate to near future? That's exactly what the PTFC update gives their fans, yet the vast majority of QP fans are left in the dark as to what the plans are for our club. 

The club wouldn't have to worry about "print media distorting stories" if they actually just came out and laid all the facts out to everyone. It is the cloud of secrecy that they are so desperate to protect that encourages this exact behaviour from the press. I hope that the changes to the committee mean things will be better in the future, but right now it is still not good enough.

Wow. Night and day between the PTFC and QP statements. Think our club can learn a lot about fan engagement and communication by looking at Firhill.

14 hours ago, Dave said:

This comment has annoyed me for nearly a week now, and let me just say despite our (many 👀) disagreements in the past this is absolutely no dig at you and I appreciate you passing on the information that you did. 

Compare and contrast the two following AGM updates, from Queen's Park and then this post this evening from Partick Thistle. Yes ok, one of these clubs is now fan owned and one is not, but honestly that shouldn't make a difference. Why can a proper update not be given to all Queen's Park fans to ensure everyone knows what has happened, what is happening and what is going to happen in the immediate to near future? That's exactly what the PTFC update gives their fans, yet the vast majority of QP fans are left in the dark as to what the plans are for our club. 

The club wouldn't have to worry about "print media distorting stories" if they actually just came out and laid all the facts out to everyone. It is the cloud of secrecy that they are so desperate to protect that encourages this exact behaviour from the press. I hope that the changes to the committee mean things will be better in the future, but right now it is still not good enough.

Brilliant. Our problem, particularly with the most recent committees, is frightened men with little ability deluded by perceived power. Their thought process is if they share information they will lose their power. 

15 hours ago, Dave said:

Then perhaps I should mention that the new president was asked about his improvement plans for the next two years and would there be reform of the club’s constitution i.e. The Articles and he clearly has come into the job without any consideration of either.

All I can suggest is that as many as possible fans seek to use those very same Articles and apply for membership. The current demography of members is listing heavily to the status quo. Frankly when I speak at these meetings I wonder just how many in the room pick up on the points I make. The only power members currently have is voting rights at General Meetings. They vote in committee members and the committee have absolute power, without recourse, on anything and everything they do.  Nothing is ever their fault. If you’re expecting a progressive, fan-facing style of leadership from the current set up you’ve an awful long wait.

And in the spirit you’ve shown I’ll even by your proposer. Peace out!

That's probably true but I do think fans also have power. Another aspect of the Thistle comparison above is that their supporters association is really active. If formal membership isn't your bag and you're more interested in the QPSA, give this post a like and I'll ping you across some details. 

21 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

With Dundee signing Main I'll be shocked if Davidson doesn't try to bring Rudden your way. 

Tried signing him multiple times at Saints before eventually bringing him in on loan. 

I actually think this could happen, Rudden and Paton up top together, doesn’t sound too bad.

24 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

With Dundee signing Main I'll be shocked if Davidson doesn't try to bring Rudden your way. 

Tried signing him multiple times at Saints before eventually bringing him in on loan. 

Would take in a heartbeat if there was any genuine chance of it. More shocked he’s only 23, feel like he’s been around for ages 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Good call. Does this mean Greg Stewart is still available?

3 hours ago, Adam Rendall said:

I actually think this could happen, Rudden and Paton up top together, doesn’t sound too bad.

3 hours ago, qpfc said:

Would take in a heartbeat if there was any genuine chance of it. More shocked he’s only 23, feel like he’s been around for ages 

2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Good call. Does this mean Greg Stewart is still available?

No doubt some Saints fans will disagree and just shout "he was shite" but I've certainly seen worse at Saints in recent times. There's still worse getting a game! May being 1.

He'd often work hard and get on the end of things, time his run well etc. Then... He'd somehow miss 🤦‍♂️ again and again. Missed a couple of sitters away to Killie before the split that were especially memorable.

He was in the right places though unlike some others who provide zero goal threat.

Although I wasn't really wanting him to return after the loan either though 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

No doubt some Saints fans will disagree and just shout "he was shite" but I've certainly seen worse at Saints in recent times. There's still worse getting a game! May being 1.

I'm sorry, but I'll have to report you to the Secret Seven for this type of talk. Rudden better than May!

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sorry, but I'll have to report you to the Secret Seven for this type of talk. Rudden better than May!

5 goals in the league since this time last year about sum it up. Zero this season. It's been a while since he looked like he might score. 

As for the secret 7... 😉

I see Scott Williamson is getting recalled from his loan at Cove according to the daily record. Would be fine to have him sitting on the bench for some energy for the last 10 mins of games once Paton is gubbed but I assume we’ll see some attacking reinforcements this month anyway 

I think in terms of his own career, he really needs another loan move, probably down to league 2 to the likes of a Clyde maybe ? 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

I see Scott Williamson is getting recalled from his loan at Cove according to the daily record. Would be fine to have him sitting on the bench for some energy for the last 10 mins of games once Paton is gubbed but I assume we’ll see some attacking reinforcements this month anyway 

I think in terms of his own career, he really needs another loan move, probably down to league 2 to the likes of a Clyde maybe ? 

Saw this confirmed in the P&J. They stated he's already featured for the Spiders this season so isn't eligible for another SPFL loan until next season.

I agree definitely needs time elsewhere before he's ready for adorning the black and white stripes

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Good of the club to tell us??????

As expected, MacKenzie Carse signed up on loan. Seems to be highly rated at Celtic 

Callum Haspell also signed- Not a clue how he’ll fare

Good to see Davidson emphasising that experience is still very much needed