The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

49 minutes ago, qpfc said:

If we’re going to bring a different option up top, please god don’t let it be Sheridan. Well I’m assuming that’s him 

IMG_6277.png

He's not wearing a performance vest? Who is he??? 

Edit: He does look like Sheridan 🤣

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

Great to see we now have attacking options with bringing back Williamson, return from injury of Mcleish and addition of Crole, and Hinds. However, we still do not have another proven striker at this level! Hopefully, one of our back up strikers will hit some form. Paton has been outstanding, but we need cover and help for him to replace him when needed and even come on to add firepower and finish off teams. Tizard coming back strong is also great to see. Surviving obviously target number 1, which we should achieve but with continuing good results play offs are possible.

Worth mentioning Sheridan played for us at the same time as Davidson, its likely just a favour to keep him fit.

I think we should call it quits on the Stuart Mckinstry experiment in the first eleven. Another underwhelming performance, thank goodness he’s only here until the end of the season. I was buzzing when he signed but ultimately he’s been a huge flop 

There’s sprinkles of talent on occasions but loses the ball far too often and it’s often lost in dangerous areas 

Edited by qpfc

15 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I think we should call it quits on the Stuart Mckinstry experiment in the first eleven. Another underwhelming performance, thank goodness he’s only here until the end of the season. I was buzzing when he signed but ultimately he’s been a huge flop 

There’s sprinkles of talent on occasions but loses the ball far too often and it’s often lost in dangerous areas 

I agree. He was worth a punt but I think a spell on the bench would be appropriate.

54 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I agree. He was worth a punt but I think a spell on the bench would be appropriate.

When Wilson is fit enough to start and Jack T moves back into the midfield then yes. Not sure who else we would put in before then. Louis does a tidy job for us but he is not likely to change a game. 

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

I think we should call it quits on the Stuart Mckinstry experiment in the first eleven

100% mate. I obviously don't know how he is in training but he is absolutely honking on the pitch. I thought we might have landed on a talented player with possible sell-on potential (provided that we extended his contract) when we signed him but I was wrong. 

He is now in the extend his contract or leave him out of the squad zone and I think the latter would benefit the team more. 

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Quite agree. You could blow him over if you stood next to him. With the new signings he and Turner are my candidates to be demoted. I quite like Turner but he just does not impose himself enough. Yesterday he was preoccupied in looking for a fight.

I was finally able to see Davidson's 5-3-2 in action in the Morton Game. I think the back three are working very well and I'm very happy to see Tizzard playing as the anchor/libero in between the other two. Thomson has assumed the ball-playing role and Bannon is the stopper. All of this, I think is playing really well to the strengths of each of the three. When Wilson is fully fit, I think he will play in Thomson's position and if/when Fox comes back, he may/will play in Bannon's. The wing backs are still a work in progress although I think McPherson played a good game both defensively and offensively until he was substituted. The new signing Josh Scott looks very strong physically but he was unable to support the attacks from the left flank, which I believe was due to Mckinstry's lack of... well... purpose. 

That being said, Welsh is doing a brilliant job as no 6 but the two midfielders we have in front of him (Turner and Mckinstry) are not linking up at all. We have seen time and time again number 8 is not Turner's strongest position so if we can release Thomson back into the midfield as a no 8, Turner can play more forward and link up with Dom and Ruari. His high-pressing is also very good so we may chase after more second balls. 

Dom and Ruari up front... I don't know man. Ruari is an excellent poacher in the box but he's not the kind of centre forward who can pick up and redistribute long balls with his back to the opposition. His pressing is good but not enough when Dom drops deeper into the midfield immediately after we lose the ball. Sorting out what we do with/without the ball in the second and third zones is the manager's job and I think we will see an improvement very soon. 

Last but not least, CALUM FUCKING FERRIE all the way man. What a player! The board must do everything they can to tie him down for at least another two years. 

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

3 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

That being said, Walsh is doing a brilliant job as no 6

He’s been a class act since he joined (minus the red against Ayr) So calm in possession, wins a surprising number of headers and knows his position so well. If only he’d been about since the start of the season

I know he’s had an awful injury record throughout his career but I find it utterly bizzare Inverness let a player of his quality go, nevermind to a relegation rival midway through the season