The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Continuing with the "big hoops" for next season. I still don't like the strip but can't argue with the keeping costs down argument.

I hope the new away strip is a cracker!

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/home-and-away-kit-season-2024-25/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR00tFGloiiRMghTlvjidchmnmywW2E6741u7Ev0dYinTToolmSIS5om6kM_aem_ATx7nPK6nGLcovdH8x60gcEetQERNh3yH7aj-Sh_jez30zg7Kv15UtjRndXcwLFOYkcBaVrt3zb1fPSyGeq5SOZV

They really do think our heads button up the back. What absolute nonsense and an insult to our intelligence. As long as we are with Adidas we will not see the true QP strip but they will keep trying to make money from us with off the shelf away strips.

1 hour ago, charliewheelen said:

The one you’ve all been waiting for is here! Dom was Wheelenterview’ed last week and it was one of my favourite chats so far. He’s a real credit to your club, you’re very fortunate to have such an enthusiastic captain who speaks so well and so passionately about the club.

Thank you for your questions and your genuine intrigue in the chat. I’d love for as many of you to hear it as possible, share it around if you have others you know will enjoy it. Likewise, if you like the sound of my voice, give the show a follow to be the first to know about the next exciting interviews. Hopefully not our last involvement with Queen’s Park on the podcast, I’m sure I’ll see you at Hampden next season 🤞🏻🕷️

https://linktr.ee/Todaywheelenterivew

*the first two links will take you straight to it!

Well done Charlie. A really good interview.

2 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

The one you’ve all been waiting for is here! Dom was Wheelenterview’ed last week and it was one of my favourite chats so far. He’s a real credit to your club, you’re very fortunate to have such an enthusiastic captain who speaks so well and so passionately about the club.

Thank you for your questions and your genuine intrigue in the chat. I’d love for as many of you to hear it as possible, share it around if you have others you know will enjoy it. Likewise, if you like the sound of my voice, give the show a follow to be the first to know about the next exciting interviews. Hopefully not our last involvement with Queen’s Park on the podcast, I’m sure I’ll see you at Hampden next season 🤞🏻🕷️

A really good listen Charlie. Dom comes across very well and gives some interesting insights into the Owen Coyle / Robin Veldman/ Callum Davidson eras. It's especially interesting to hear what Dom thinks about Robin Veldman and the situation he found himself in. Well done.

54 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Well done Charlie. A really good interview.

Thank you very much mate, delighted I could give you all something to look forward to and a nice listen with one of your own!

24 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

A really good listen Charlie. Dom comes across very well and gives some interesting insights into the Owen Coyle / Robin Veldman/ Callum Davidson eras. It's especially interesting to hear what Dom thinks about Robin Veldman and the situation he found himself in. Well done.

I love to ask about the managers in every interview. I knew he always thought very highly of Robin, some things aren’t meant to be. Could’ve spoken to him all night, great guy. Glad you enjoyed it mate, that’s all that matters!

4 minutes ago, charliewheelen said:

I love to ask about the managers in every interview. I knew he always thought very highly of Robin, some things aren’t meant to be. Could’ve spoken to him all night, great guy. Glad you enjoyed it mate, that’s all that matters!

Can only repeat what others have said. Really enjoyed that. Dom feels like one of those players who has been here a lot longer than he actually has been, given how eventful a time it’s been. 

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

They really do think our heads button up the back. What absolute nonsense and an insult to our intelligence. As long as we are with Adidas we will not see the true QP strip but they will keep trying to make money from us with off the shelf away strips.

with irn bru sponsor away all we can hope for is to get some decent hoops as the home kit. i'm all for these wacky away kits, absolutely outraged the 'pride of glasgow' tap never got a run out.

Screenshot_20240527_150212_Gallery.jpg

21 minutes ago, an86 said:

Can only repeat what others have said. Really enjoyed that. Dom feels like one of those players who has been here a lot longer than he actually has been, given how eventful a time it’s been. 

He’s well and truly seen it all in black and white 😅 I’m happy I could shed a wee bit of light on some situations and characters, glad you enjoyed it above all!

2 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

The notion of trying to keep costs down for supporters should rightly be applauded, but as others have alluded to the fact that the club tried to be the big I am by signing with a company such as Adidas without checking this out just smacked of arrogance.

They’ve already came out and said they went with Adidas as they provide great training kits etc and were willing to sacrifice the home top for this.

2 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

He’s well and truly seen it all in black and white 😅 I’m happy I could shed a wee bit of light on some situations and characters, glad you enjoyed it above all!

Great interview, enjoyed listening to that! Both yourself and Dom spoke really well and there was a great flow throughout. Particularly Interesting listening to the segment about veldman. Without Dom actually mentioning him, it seems very apparent that the influence of Beuker essentially running all football operations presented very little to zero opportunity for Veldman to implement what he wanted to do in terms of recruitment etc

Biggest thing I’ve took from that segment was thank goodness beuker still isn’t around!

13 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Alright guys what’s the plan with QPFC next season are you getting Lesser Hampden up and running or is it another season renting Hampden

Hampden. Discussed two or three pages back if you’re looking for greater detail. 

11 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Appreciate it's already been said but that was a great listen, inciteful and well-put-together
Thanks for doing it!

Looking forward to seeing the away strip. Seems to be a suggestion it will work with a kilt? I’m all in.

On the home strips - the current one is obviously shite but I’d probably be raging if I’d bought it (plus a couple for the kids) and they were replacing so soon. I think it’s a sensible approach. 

5 hours ago, qpfc said:

Great interview, enjoyed listening to that! Both yourself and Dom spoke really well and there was a great flow throughout. Particularly Interesting listening to the segment about veldman. Without Dom actually mentioning him, it seems very apparent that the influence of Beuker essentially running all football operations presented very little to zero opportunity for Veldman to implement what he wanted to do in terms of recruitment etc

Biggest thing I’ve took from that segment was thank goodness beuker still isn’t around!

Thank you very much mate, I really appreciate that. Of course I’d never want to put him in a situation to speak bad of someone, or set him up to do so, it was all about shutting up and letting him speak of his experience 😅 the way he went about it was professional, and I think we know where he stands on everyone that was mentioned. As I’ve said before I was dead interested in hearing about his managers, especially Veldman. Glad you enjoyed it above all else!

45 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

Appreciate it's already been said but that was a great listen, inciteful and well-put-together
Thanks for doing it!

Oh no keep it coming mate 🤩😅 more than happy to give you guys just under an hour of the man himself, he told me on Saturday he enjoyed it and that it went well, so it was never in doubt! Hopefully there’s more to come from Queen’s Park on Wheelenterview, you’re all a great bunch! 🤝🏻

On 26/05/2024 at 14:51, an86 said:

If Hampden isn’t long term and Lesser isn’t fit for purpose, which despite our attempts to turd polish, it quite obviously isn’t, my worry is that our long term future may be away from our spiritual home. We need answers on contingency plans and long term vision, because we don’t have it.

It's an interesting thought.

Lesser, unless it is purely a training facility, is clearly unfit for purpose, or at the very least, unfit for the assumed ambitions of the Men's first team playing operation.  I would surmise that there is no clear plan to redevelop a stadium that is essentially 12 months old into a multi-use facility - capable of accommodating the demands of both the Mens and Women's first team matches, training and the requirements of the SFA for the SMNT and SWNT.  

Even if there was a plan for redevelopment, I doubt whether sufficient enough funds exist in order to make that a reality without the input from an as yet [too] small support, or, more likely, a further significant injection of cash from a benefactor/ further commercial sponsorship.  I fear the latter would only further dilute the influence of the current support, if indeed that influence exists in significant form at the moment.  

The fact that the mis-management of this has a) gone unpunished and b) been allowed to happen in the first place baffles me. 

So we are now, again, throwing away money to rent a stadium which really is unfit for Championship level football, who's owners will obviously repurpose it for concerts etc at their will, on a season by season basis and we do this in the knowledge that should they so wish, the SFA can pull the plug.  I appreciate the historic relationship between the club and the SFA, but it feels a lot like Stockholm Syndrome is beginning to kick-in.  

The pull of home will always be a strong bond to break but (and not that I am advocating this as yet), the arguments for fully striking out on our own are becoming difficult to ignore.

18 hours ago, QPEast said:

They’ve already came out and said they went with Adidas as they provide great training kits etc and were willing to sacrifice the home top for this.

And that in purest form, eloquently surmises the disconnect between the Committee and reality - the active decision making to want to trot out the staff in 'gucci' training kit (that very few will see and even less will purchase) just so they can say we wear Adidas and in doing so, happily pee-ing all over the identity and history of the club.  

And we'll do it all in front of 20 prawn sandwich eating Committee members' wives tennis partners sat on padded seats in an elevated cricket pavilion, rather than in front of 1500 genuine, ticket-buying supporters.

We are a very, very frustrating club to support at times