The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 hours ago, Zanetti said:

250k bid, their fans are claiming.

It's a lot of money but I think his goals are more valuable; we're unlikely to find a proper replacement for him.

Depends if thats a release clause value hit or not..

Somewhat disappointed so far that we’ve not seen any additions from the free agents that have been available. Not sure if thats because we’re competing for players with premiership clubs.

Stevie Mallan being available is one i’d like to see the club try and bring in. Although he’s likely to end up at a Killie or St Johnstone.

i also think Cammy Harper would be a good option at full back/wing back if we coud get him too.

2 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Somewhat disappointed so far that we’ve not seen any additions from the free agents that have been available. Not sure if thats because we’re competing for players with premiership clubs.

Stevie Mallan being available is one i’d like to see the club try and bring in. Although he’s likely to end up at a Killie or St Johnstone.

i also think Cammy Harper would be a good option at full back/wing back if we coud get him too.

Harper is signing for Killie. He’s away on holiday with a group of players just now I believe. 

9 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Both would be outwith our range I’d say. In terms of realistic targets that are out of contract, I’d love us to try get Kerr Mcinroy. Always played well against us and would be a really solid option in the midfield. We need a couple central midfielders who can contribute with a bit more output going forward 

12 hours ago, qpfc said:

Both would be outwith our range I’d say. In terms of realistic targets that are out of contract, I’d love us to try get Kerr Mcinroy. Always played well against us and would be a really solid option in the midfield. We need a couple central midfielders who can contribute with a bit more output going forward 

Thats what I thought with Danny Wilson too so was shocked we managed to get him in.

Kerr McInroy would be a good shout too. He always seemed like a very decent player in the middle of the park. 

On another note, do we know what date the players are due back in to start pre-season?

18 hours ago, qpfc said:

Don’t see why we shouldn’t be looking for more money. Goalscorers at any level come at a premium and there’s no doubts that there will be other suitors down south willing enough to pay that fee. Paton’s current stock is sky high and given he’s got 2 years on his deal left, 23 years old, consistently scores and is never injured, we should be trying to get teams down south to pay over the odds

And this is where the skill set of our new DoF will come to the fore should such negotiations be required.

I hope. 

Just now, Skol1867 said:

Alex Bannon being sold to Burton Albion in a six figure deal according to the Record. 

Decent deal and hopefully a sell on. Good luck to him. 

Definitely good luck to Bannon if the deal goes through. These are the sorts of deals that should be expected these days and if its a 6 figure sum plus add ons as reported then it’s a good deal for the club. 
Lets just hope some of that is reinvested in a replacement most likely through salary rather than transfer fee i’d guess.

Since turning pro has the club paid a transfer fee for a first team starter?

11 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Definitely good luck to Bannon if the deal goes through. These are the sorts of deals that should be expected these days and if its a 6 figure sum plus add ons as reported then it’s a good deal for the club. 
Lets just hope some of that is reinvested in a replacement most likely through salary rather than transfer fee i’d guess.

Since turning pro has the club paid a transfer fee for a first team starter?

Think we paid a fee for Liam Brown. That went well.

bit of a sore one to lose a guy that we've seen get plugged in at centre half, right back, and centre midfield - guys like that are tough to come by at this age. can't complain about it if the deal is in 6 figure territory - with add ons - hopefully can get put towards a full back / another striker. (or a decent 3rd kit 🤞)

22 hours ago, QPEast said:

Let's get real, we aren't rejecting a 250K bid for any player.

Hey, we're the big time now! 

Seriously though, he's a star in the making and worth more.

2 hours ago, harlowspider said:

Think we paid a fee for Liam Brown. That went well.

Liam did a good job for us in league 1 until he got injured/unwell. Championship level football came a bit early for him though.  He seems quite well regarded by the EK fans I have spoken to so good luck to him.

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Sore one is exactly what I was thinking. I understand and I'm all in favour of the overall strategy but I'd love to see him progressing in this side for another year before moving on. Sell-on fee an absolute must here. 

I suppose the best way to look at it is, in the old days, he would probably have been gone a year or 2 back & we would have received nothing for him. 
Still sad to see him go.

Loss of Bannon is disappointing however, as others say, sounds like it's a decent deal for him and us. Good luck to him.

Still plenty of time for replacements / additions but a 'Scott Burns rumour' would be good .....  suppose our targets will off to Germany shortly 😀

Posted (edited)

Was not expecting to read the news about Bannon today, always had the idea that he’d be at club for years to come and envisaged him potentially becoming captain at some point. It’s a blow obviously as he’s been excellent for but it feels different to potentially selling a player like Paton (maybe because strikers are harder to replace). Getting a six figure fee with add ons is a great deal for everyone involved. It’s a fantastic opportunity for him 

Granted it’s still very early days but I do hope we can see a signing or 2 over the next couple weeks. Frustrating seeing teams in our league signing some very decent players whilst all we hear are potential outgoings. Not seen any rumour of an incoming in a while 

Edited by qpfc

8 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Was not expecting to read the news about Bannon today, always had the idea that he’d be at club for years to come and envisaged him potentially becoming captain at some point. It’s a blow obviously as he’s been excellent for but it feels different to potentially selling a player like Paton (maybe because strikers are harder to replace). Getting a six figure fee with add ons is a great deal for everyone involved. It’s a fantastic opportunity for him 

Granted it’s still very early days but I do hope we can see a signing or 2 over the next couple weeks. Frustrating seeing teams in our league signing some very decent players whilst all we hear are potential outgoings. Not seen any rumour of an incoming in a while 

Yeah, transfer for Bannon didn't seem on the cards at all, given he's been in our system in some form since he was 9. If he wants to move then good luck to him, I met him once and he seemed a lovely guy, but I did hope he would be one to keep.

I'm slightly annoyed that it's just "6 figures" that we're being told. My opinion on this varies a lot depending on whether it's £100k or £800k, and while I imagine it's the lower end of the scale I really have no idea how much money Burton can be throwing about the place. To be perfectly honest I don't know that Bannon would be a regular starter for them for some years to come, so I can't see them spending megabux on him.