The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

40 minutes ago, SpiderFromMars said:

That's actually something I never understood - how do you elect the committee?

Theoretically elected by members at AGM. So few members care enough to attend this meeting so proxy votes from "absent friends" carry the day. Until enough members who care about the club attend and can get themselves nominated status quo will be the order of the day, or until a resolution is passed to change the constitution to rule that only those attending can vote will it change. Pigs will fly sooner.

24 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I'd be surprised if we play at Hampden again before Rangers return to Ibrox.

I would be absolutely flabbergasted. However deep down I have the faintest lingering smidgen of hope mainly because the committee won't come out and give a full and frank statement of the actual situation.

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

I'd be surprised if we play at Hampden again before Rangers return to Ibrox.

Somewhere in the agreement between the SFA and Rangers will be the word exclusive.

Pretty sure it will trump the nod and a wink, back of the fag packet, gentlemen’s agreement we have.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Theoretically elected by members at AGM. So few members care enough to attend this meeting so proxy votes from "absent friends" carry the day. Until enough members who care about the club attend and can get themselves nominated status quo will be the order of the day, or until a resolution is passed to change the constitution to rule that only those attending can vote will it change. Pigs will fly sooner.

Hmmmm... no... I think you're off it on a few points here...  new committee members came and "old chums" went after the voting at the last AGM.

The fact nothing has really changed despite best intentions of the newbies speaks to wider issues about structure, accountability and decision making, IMO.

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Hmmmm... no... I think you're off it on a few points here...  new committee members came and "old chums" went after the voting at the last AGM.

The fact nothing has really changed despite best intentions of the newbies speaks to wider issues about structure, accountability and decision making, IMO.

OK. So who is responsible for structure, accountability, and decision making?

4 hours ago, behindthelens said:

The footage was actually from Premier Sports, who had provided two camera coverage of the game for their live stream. It didn't make sense for us to then film the game single camera in addition to this. Back to our normal on Saturday. 

Will there be an inside matchday for Aberdeen, the last two were class

5 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

We’ve signed Ryan Duncan on a season long loan. A good signing, seems highly rated by Aberdeen fans. 

Hopefully we’ll see some more movement amongst the strikers & winger’s department.

and of course he's being given the very prestigious number 23 jersey, which I believe until now has only ever been worn by Simon Murray and Louis Longridge

but yes he seems a good signing, adds a bit of quality and depth hopefully

15 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

We’ve signed Ryan Duncan on a season long loan. A good signing, seems highly rated by Aberdeen fans. 

Hopefully we’ll see some more movement amongst the strikers & winger’s department.

Could be a good signing for the club. Although young, he has a good bit of experience to bring to us - I hope he gets decent game time to see how he fits in.

I'm a big fan of Ryan Duncan, seen him many times for the Dons and at his loan spell at Peterhead. He'll be a tremendous loan signing for the Spiders. Got pace, delivery and will chip in with goals. I'd have love to see him at Balmoral but sadly he's well above L1 and our current recruitment level. 

With Aberdeen awash with cash thanks to the Bojan sale and bringing in talent from all over Europe I doubt Ryan will ever burst through as a regular with them but he's got a solid career ahead of him in my opinion.

All the best for the season ahead.

Capable of this 

https://youtu.be/Wn4dQc5fMKQ?si=V2b5gxBvt35IWR5Z

Edited by CoveRangers1922

6 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Was there a planning restriction on the vertical elevation of the building, as besides the Royal Box, what I cannot fathom is how the grey shipping container that presumably is the changing room wasn't/couldn't have been incorporated in a more aesthetically pleasing and supporter accommodating way?, or was what we ended up with just the basic 'ask' of the SFA for SMNT training and press facility?

The Royal Box's final position was determined by the Line of Sight, below, which ensured all seats would see both corners on the West elevation. It was positioned on the other axis so that the centre line of the box sat in line with the centre line of the pitch.

image.thumb.jpeg.db1c5cfdcf7f05afeda536af5d0ea37d.jpeg

With regard to the changing area, a similar design was, I'm told, suggested in the early days by one of our members who was an architect as an option to using the original clumsy design that the project architect (a reputable firm of some note) created. In their defence, the long-held belief by certain committee members that the the Farmhouse and Byre were protected heritage buildings, which they never were, restricted the architect's inventiveness. So when it came around again, it was looked at tucking those changing rooms into the ground floor of the McAlpine but due to the gym (and laundry I think) being on the ground floor (no sign of Lochinch at this point) they had to settle on temporary buildings which were placed on the running track. The permission for these is five years and will have to be reapplied when that expires. 

In the end, what we've got so far was achieved with two separate architect design firms - one for the East & South stands and the other the Royal Box and changing rooms - and five separate building applications: the original; the Bigger and Better one; the Royal Box and catering etc; the changing rooms; a last minute installation of catering and ventilation equipment in the McAlpine. Not to mention two separate building contracts; the first that went burst and the second managed by City Facilities Management. Little wonder it was a shambles. 

Re temporary stands going forward, technically the South (Letherby) has approval but if Planning do their job it'll need a new temporary application along with the North (Somerville). The South stand approval is for a permanent structure to tie into the East stand. Nothing was ever applied for the North end.

12 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The B team beat Pollok 8-2 tonight, played some lovely football despite the awful weather.

Was planning on going but had to cancel because of other commitments
Out of interest, what was the attendance (home and away) like?

7 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

Was planning on going but had to cancel because of other commitments
Out of interest, what was the attendance (home and away) like?

Maybe a couple of hundred, the weather likely put folk off. Hard to tell how many away fans since it was a fairly subdued atmosphere but there was a good amount of clapping when we scored.