The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

On our original five-year plan of getting to the Championship, having 1,000 capacity at Lesser was adequate as we could upgrade each year as finances allowed.  Now, with the very real possibility of being in the Premier League within three years has caused mild panic; the option of playing at Hampden needs to be explored as this would generate the finances to complete Lesser.

My gut instinct is to never play at Hampden again however, pragmatic me says otherwise.   

My assumption is that we must have been extremely sure that we had something in the pipeline regarding Hampden. Too many folk seemed sure. The longer time moves on, the more I feel that our Chief Executive has just been feeding fanciful lines. 

Why, for example, would they agree to a long term agreement, when we couldn’t even agree a short-term one? Stenny for the season is my guess. As previously mentioned, you cannot have Dundee coming to Lesser on the final day with a capacity of under 1000 when you take into account the need for segregation. It would be laughable and borderline unworkable.

It was on Leeann Dempster’s watch that the plans were redrawn. It has been a failure in terms of timescale, actual delivery and communication. On the latter, she has shown practically zero inclination to speak to supporters. I don’t have any confidence in her to take major decisions around our football club.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Cup half full on the park, half empty off it. I didn’t even bother going to the AGM and it sounds like a wise choice. What would the point have been?

You get the chance to ask your questions face to face and, if you don't like the answers, you can vote people out. That's a gift about 95% of Scottish football fans would love to have.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

You get the chance to ask your questions face to face and, if you don't like the answers, you can vote people out. That's a gift about 95% of Scottish football fans would love to have.

People have been asking questions for nearly three years. To be kind, it would be safe to say that the relationship between what we’ve been told and realities have been two entirely different things. The point where I have had any trust or belief on anything coming out of Queen’s Park about Lesser Hampden has long passed.

In terms of the voting, everyone knows who is running the club and they’re not elected by anyone or accountable to anyone. My understanding is that neither of the people who actually have any meaningful level of control at the club were in attendance.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Cup half full on the park, half empty off it. I didn’t even bother going to the AGM and it sounds like a wise choice. What would the point have been? We’ve been bullshitted since the start of the Lesser shambles, so it’s not going to change now.

We’re approaching three years since the building project started. The original plan was a capacity of around 1800. What we have is 900 seats for punters and 40 seats for the prawn sandwich mob. A resignation job all day long. It has swung between disaster and farce for far too long, whilst the “not long now” card has been played.

You don't even have the 900 seats for regular fans. The center section of the stand is vip seating. 

8 minutes ago, h_w7864 said:

Looks like our ‘Home’ Game Vs Ayr in February is gonna be on a Friday night whether or not it’s at Ochilview or Fingers crossed Lesser we’ll see

Never mind just realised Stenny are at home to Dumbarton on the Saturday FFS

22 minutes ago, h_w7864 said:

Looks like our ‘Home’ Game Vs Ayr in February is gonna be on a Friday night whether or not it’s at Ochilview or Fingers crossed Lesser we’ll see

13 minutes ago, h_w7864 said:

Never mind just realised Stenny are at home to Dumbarton on the Saturday FFS

Except for last day of Championship regular season on Friday 5th May all your remaining home games clash - mainly with Stenhousemuir and a couple of times with Syngenta:

Sat 4th Feb - Stenhousemuir v Dumbarton
Sat 11th Feb (SC R5) - Syngenta v Newburgh
Sat 18th Feb - Stenhousemuir v Albion Rovers

Sat 4th Mar - EOS LC R1
Sat 11th Mar - Stenhousemuir v East Fife
Sat 18th Mar - Syngenta v Edinburgh South
Sat 25th Mar - Stenhousemuir v Forfar

Sat 15th Apr - Stenhousemuir v Stirling Albion (and Syngenta v Arniston on Fri 14th Apr)

Edited by HibeeJibee

15 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

We are in dire need of a right back what’s the script with Naismith?

You really wouldn’t want him nowadays. He’s barely played this season so I can’t really give an in depth opinion of him but from what I’ve seen, he can barely run and isn’t fantastic in the air also. His one start in the league was a 5-0 defeat against Ayr. He’s started against Peterhead and Montrose in cup games but wasn’t tested enough to really form any opinion. 

Really decent premiership player 3-4 years ago but legs have totally gone cause of an ACL injury he picked up at hibs I’m sure. Can see a future career path the same direction as Peter Grant who’s now at Clyde due to his awful injury record 

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Sorry, HD. I have to call you on that one. Four committee members were reinstated without a vote on the basis there were no other nominations. The reality is that by unlawfully moving the AGM date, for the second year in a row, the usual notification to Members inviting nominations for committee was never issued. And the President is staying in place on the say-so of the committee. It’s a closed shop and you know it.

The AGM was full of non-answers, but that seems to be the way the club is run just now.  I'm weary of all the promises and missed deadlines. I really just want Lesser completed to a decent standard, with decent facilities and a decent view of the pitch for the ordinary fans, not just the landed gentry. My own view is that the redevelopment of Lesser in a huge disappointment and a missed opportunity.

Regarding cost, the 7,800 seater Dam Health stadium in Edinburgh (for the Embra rugby team), cost £5.7m. It's not unreasonable to expect a better outcome than we have for our wee patch of land.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Edinburgh_Rugby_Stadium

30 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

The AGM was full of non-answers, but that seems to be the way the club is run just now.  I'm weary of all the promises and missed deadlines. I really just want Lesser completed to a decent standard, with decent facilities and a decent view of the pitch for the ordinary fans, not just the landed gentry. My own view is that the redevelopment of Lesser in a huge disappointment and a missed opportunity.

Regarding cost, the 7,800 seater Dam Health stadium in Edinburgh (for the Embra rugby team), cost £5.7m. It's not unreasonable to expect a better outcome than we have for our wee patch of land.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Edinburgh_Rugby_Stadium

Especially as we owned the land. The original contract was let at 1.5m. 

One question that wasn’t asked( I’ve been blinkered by the Haughey involvement) was, is the south stand deferred as a consequence of additional costs in the West stand? Even non-answers can give you a confirmation of your own interpretation of events.

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Especially as we owned the land. The original contract was let at 1.5m. 

One question that wasn’t asked( I’ve been blinkered by the Haughey involvement) was, is the south stand deferred as a consequence of additional costs in the West stand? Even non-answers can give you a confirmation of your own interpretation of events.

Is it even feasible that the South Stand could be built in what is a very short close season?

Didn’t sound too  convincing that it would be getting built at all did it 

8 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You can't take a Ford Focus and turn it into a Mercedes E Class.

You can, but it’ll cost you four or five times the cost of a new E Class, and it won’t be worth squat.

9 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

If we have aspirations to be promoted, we'll have to come up with a Plan B. Plan A, even if we find the cash to complete Lesser with less expensive terracing (if that is indeed now allowed), may just do enough for it to be our home in the Championship.

Current requirement for Premiership is Bronze Standard Stadium…which, for capacity, is basically just 500 covered seats.