Scotland v Armenia

Despite Adams and Dykes putting in a fair shift when they play, we're still a bit fucked against a decent defence.

If we ever call up an international quality goalscorer and use them effectively, it might just be enough to put me in the grave.

You'd think this should be the easiest of the 3 NL games on paper so I'd be tempted to start with either Stewart or Brown and save Adams for the two away games if possible. Stewart with Christie or Brown off him would make sense to me and means we'd be bringing Adams on instead of taking him off at 60 minutes if we're chasing a goal.

We really need to take 12 points from Ireland and Armenia. When you see teams like Turkey in the tier below ours it makes you appreciate how generous this group draw is for Scotland.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You'd think this should be the easiest of the 3 NL games on paper so I'd be tempted to start with either Stewart or Brown and save Adams for the two away games if possible. Stewart with Christie or Brown off him would make sense to me and means we'd be bringing Adams on instead of taking him off at 60 minutes if we're chasing a goal.

We really need to take 12 points from Ireland and Armenia. When you see teams like Turkey in the tier below ours it makes you appreciate how generous this group draw is for Scotland.

The problem is that if we’re struggling from the start it’s very hard to change things for the better.

Much easier to start strongly, and coast.

I have zero faith in our ability to start a debutant striker and a changed team, and win the game.

The problem is that if we’re struggling from the start it’s very hard to change things for the better.
I have zero faith in our ability to start a debutant striker and a changed team, and win the game.
I can see both sides, but one deciding factor could be that Adams look-see knackered by the end of Wednesday night and seemed to pick up a knock too.

10 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
27 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I can see both sides, but one deciding factor could be that Adams look-see knackered by the end of Wednesday night and seemed to pick up a knock too.

And that’s a fair point. Maybe we can cope if it’s attacking and positive changes - Patterson, McKenna, Christie, Stewart.

My fear is that we do what we did in Austria, and we simply aren’t good enough with a big change in midfield or playing peripheral players from the start.

6 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

If he has to go back 3 then McKenna, Souttar and Hendry for me.

O Donnell and Robertson wing backs.

Midfield

Mctominay, McGregor ,MC Ginn.

Christie , Adams 

That will do me

I don’t think it’ll be far off that. He did seem to suggest that Patterson was close last week so he could make it.

I appreciate there are three games, but we need to win more than we need to manage fitness. I’d much happier win easily, and give it everything against ROI, and play out a boring draw in Armenia than drop points in either of the first two games due to conserving energy, even if that results in a 1-0 next Wednesday.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

19 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I hope he plays our strongest side and absolutely goes for it. The players owe the fans a performance after their shitebaggery last Wednesday. 

I'm sure they will go out there on Wednesday night and get whatever result they think will suit Ukraine most in their quest to win the group to get over the disappointment of losing to Wales.   

Who the f**k does Lyndon Dykes think he is?
Get him so far to f**k. Ripped tights keeping you out of the NL? Well you're not needed for the bigger games. f**k off.

Are you telling me the guy who turned his back on his country of birth to play for us and who’s just got a massive f*ck-off tattoo to commemorate his Scotland debut isn’t 100% committed to playing for Scotland? [emoji28]

33 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Are you telling me the guy who turned his back on his country of birth to play for us and who’s just got a massive f*ck-off tattoo to commemorate his Scotland debut isn’t 100% committed to playing for Scotland? emoji28.png

Some folk have a real determination that we haven't been successful because the players just don't want it enough.

That's the English "passion" rabbit hole we've all mocked for so long.

Some folk have a real determination that we haven't been successful because the players just don't want it enough.
That's the English "passion" rabbit hole we've all mocked for so long.

Exactly.

Every single one of our players would’ve been desperate to play at the World Cup. They all looked absolutely gutted at the end of the game.

Are you telling me the guy who turned his back on his country of birth to play for us and who’s just got a massive f*ck-off tattoo to commemorate his Scotland debut isn’t 100% committed to playing for Scotland? [emoji28]
And who spent 3 weeks prior to the playoff in a voluntary training camp.
He'll be devastated that he's out.

I watched the 1st half of Armenia v Ireland. Armenia (like every other team) blocked central midfield and doubled up in the wide areas when the ball was inevitably pushed out there. At this level of football, managers (including Steve Clarke) must have encountered the same tactical problems hundreds of times - they must roll their eyes when people start questioning their game plans.

It's not going to come down to our starting shape, system or tactics. The Scotland team as a whole know in advance the problems that will face them on Wednesday - Armenia aren't going to present us with something we haven't seen before so for me it's about player performance. The Scotland players know the things they need to do to defeat Armenia, the result will depend on what team performs better on the night.

I would like us to turn up in the first half, be competent and get a goal or two. I don't mind who plays 

As first half no shows/debacles are becoming a feature under Clarke and it needs to stop. Ukraine game being worst example of it.

I watched Armenia v ROI game. Bayramyan looks a threat, midfield playmaker, rest are just jobbers who were slightly better than ROI, who were dug shite and still wouldn't have scored if they were playing now.