2022/23 UEFA Nations League

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I wonder if there will be Wales fans in 18 months time moaning about how they fucked up the Nations League by celebrating qualification too much, or will they just be fucking normal like most countries?

Not sure it’s quite the same given it’s the start of the Nations League, as opposed to two key games at the tail end of the campaign. Also Wales are in a group with Belgium, Poland and the Netherlands which they have no chance of winning.

Apart from that, great post.

53 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:
1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:
Just jumping on to laugh at the Failed Statelet

Just jumping back on to laugh at the Failed Statelet again

3-1 now. I think Northern Ireland have had their moment in the sun. 

Once world cup semi finalists Bulgaria draw 1-1 away to Gibraltar as well. Nice to see the rise in the fans being racist scumbags correlating exactly with them turning permashite

With Andorra's victory, I believe this leaves four teams yet to win a single UEFA Nations League match in their history:

Spoiler

San Marino

Spoiler

Iceland

Spoiler

The Failed Statelet

IMG-20201107-WA0006.jpg.e303aa65b6425f500d4d08c055272915.jpg

Spoiler

Southern Ireland

S02E05-yOh7sqAL.jpg.9b66dfd09f87a8435d0cb34694f3a757.jpg

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

France struggled to get a draw with Austria and are bottom of their group.

Mbappe is obviously superb but overall the French squad is poorer than their WC 2010 team that went out in the group stage.

They’re still wheeling out Griezmann and Pogba, Varane, Kante are all massively out of form.

Disagree, really don't think they might are that bothered about the Nation's league, they will be trying out different concepts and will be right back at it for the world cup.

They could have three or four excellent backlines alone, have excellent strength in depth. One of their reserve centre backs instantly became Spain's best defender when he made the switch.

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

France struggled to get a draw with Austria and are bottom of their group.

Mbappe is obviously superb but overall the French squad is poorer than their WC 2010 team that went out in the group stage.

They’re still wheeling out Griezmann and Pogba, Varane, Kante are all massively out of form.

Their squad isn't the issue but rather their fraud of a manager. 

Are the bigger nations that arsed about the nations league? I mean France are the World Cup and Nations League holders at the moment.
I doubt them and Germany and the like will be losing any sleep over this tournament.
It’s useful for the smaller countries as a back door route to qualification and to improve seedling positions. For the bigger countries who are going to qualify for the proper tournaments anyway, it’s just a load of glorified friendlies.

15 minutes ago, Lex said:

Are the bigger nations that arsed about the nations league? I mean France are the World Cup and Nations League holders at the moment.
I doubt them and Germany and the like will be losing any sleep over this tournament.

"France don't care about the Nations League because they're the Nations League holders" is some world class logic, I must say.