Champions League 2022/23

Coooombe

You'll know you're on the good guys side of football, if you acknowledge FT, Inter Milan 1 Manchester City 0 with a barely perceptible but knowing smirk tonight. Then switch off your television before another word comes out of Steve McManamans mouth. 

If City win and you are pleased.... Well..... I'm sorry for you. 

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You'll know you're on the good guys side of football, if you acknowledge FT, Inter Milan 1 Manchester City 0 with a barely perceptible but knowing smirk tonight. Then switch off your television before another word comes out of Steve McManamans mouth. 

If City win and you are pleased.... Well..... I'm sorry for you. 

I’ll be cheering baldy Pep and the boys on. Good luck to them. What a great footballing side they are.

Anyway, fair play accountants and haters aside, how do you think this one will go?

Man City to run over the top of them like the Bayern and Real Madrid games, or cagey, low scoring, could go either way?

It’s a final at a neutral venue so I’m going cagey, low scoring, could go either way. Bernardo! Silva! To score. Gundogan to be booked.

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ll be cheering baldy Pep and the boys on. Good luck to them. What a great footballing side they are.

Anyway, fair play accountants and haters aside, how do you think this one will go?

Man City to run over the top of them like the Bayern and Real Madrid games, or cagey, low scoring, could go either way?

It’s a final at a neutral venue so I’m going cagey, low scoring, could go either way. Bernardo! Silva! To score. Gundogan to be booked.

I think City will win it but the previous is there for them to be shitfested out of it. We know that's the route to victory for Inter but they do look pretty capable going forward aswell.

If there's a winner for City, it's surely coming from Gundogan who has once again proved to be the man when it really matters at the tail end of the season. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think City will win it but the previous is there for them to be shitfested out of it. We know that's the route to victory for Inter but they do look pretty capable going forward aswell.

If there's a winner for City, it's surely coming from Gundogan who has once again proved to be the man when it really matters at the tail end of the season. 

If I put financial fair play to the side, which to be fair I seem happy enough to do - maybe all those years of seeing Celtic and Rangers wipe the floor with the rest of Scottish football - then Man City finally look like they deserve to win the Champions League. If you pump Real Madrid 4-0 you must be some team.

Ideal world as a neutral I'd love a game full of goals for both sides, but I can't see it. I'm not strictly neutral though as I'd also love to see Inter spoil City's party.

Inter taking an absolute battering for 87 minutes with the goalie having a worldie and the woodwork rattled 7 times before a breakaway goal with their first shot on target would be glorious.

8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

If I put financial fair play to the side, which to be fair I seem happy enough to do - maybe all those years of seeing Celtic and Rangers wipe the floor with the rest of Scottish football - then Man City finally look like they deserve to win the Champions League. If you pump Real Madrid 4-0 you must be some team.

I’ll put financial fair play to one side, will put the Abu Dhabi ownership to one side, will put the Saudi ownership of Newcastle to one side, will put the ownership of Paris St Germain to one side, will put the Saudis buying professional golf to one side, and finally, for now, put the Llama-loving, chain-smoking, Mileson period in Gretna’s life to one side. Now that I’ve done that - what was the question again?

34 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’ll put financial fair play to one side, will put the Abu Dhabi ownership to one side, will put the Saudi ownership of Newcastle to one side, will put the ownership of Paris St Germain to one side, will put the Saudis buying professional golf to one side, and finally, for now, put the Llama-loving, chain-smoking, Mileson period in Gretna’s life to one side. Now that I’ve done that - what was the question again?

Best to just stick to the football. Why worry about stuff you can’t change?

54 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Best to just stick to the football. Why worry about stuff you can’t change?

I get the sentiment and would usually agree but we're literally watching the game we all love being funded, controlled and taken away from the common fan. At what point do the fans get to say enough is enough?

City play amazing football but let's not forget that they should. This isn't some heartwarming underdog story put together on a shoestring budget. 

Its actually a massive underachievement that they haven't won the Champions League before now.