Last season's Division 4 Clubs

I can't find any of the teams that were in Division 4 last season in any of the tables for this season?

Finnart, Kilsyth Athletic, Harmony Row, St. Peter's, Glenvale, Campbeltown Pupils, BSC Glasgow, Harthill Royal

Does anyone know why?

4 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

I can't find any of the teams that were in Division 4 last season in any of the tables for this season?

Finnart, Kilsyth Athletic, Harmony Row, St. Peter's, Glenvale, Campbeltown Pupils, BSC Glasgow, Harthill Royal

Does anyone know why?

It hasn't been decided yet what's happening at the bottom. There's the potential of Third & Fourth Divisions or Third Division Conferences.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It hasn't been decided yet what's happening at the bottom. There's the potential of Third & Fourth Divisions or Third Division Conferences.

Thanks. It's showing up on Wiki at Premier, 1, 2 and 3

5 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

Thanks. It's showing up on Wiki at Premier, 1, 2 and 3

And that's because it's Wikipedia. After the LL Playoff was completed the official social media only posted the Premier, First, and Second Divisions for the following season.

The Third and Fourth was left out because it has still to be decided. It's looking like Harthill will leave for the EoSFL on Thursday. That would then leave either 18-14 or Conferences of 16.

Correct me if I'm wrong but one of the conditions of the fourth division was that they would have 2 years to get their facilities in order to allow them to progress to a higher divisions for 22/23.  Out of all the teams, there's only two teams who pass the conditions and that's Harthill and Campbeltown so are these two teams not supposed to be moving up to the 3rd division even if they finish bottom and second bottom last year ?
if not true then I suppose I wouldn't blame Harthill for leaving to the EOSFL

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
Changed word: i meant fourth instead of four

22 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but one of the conditions of the four divisions was they they would have 2 years to get their facilities in order to allow them to progress to a higher divisions for 22/23.  Out of all the teams, there's only two teams who pass the conditions and that's Harthill and Campbeltown so are these two teams not supposed to be moving up to the 3rd division even if they finish bottom and second bottom last year ?
if not true then I suppose I wouldn't blame Harthill for leaving to the EOSFL

It's not clear to those not in the know.

Supposedly there's a recommendation to accept Div4 + applicant clubs as full members as they meet the minimum requirements. Which is why there is a 3rd & 4th Divisions or 3rd Division Conferences proposal.

This is potentially not being decided until the AGM. Which is all the way on the 25th.

image.png.d0f7245e86b0d8acf1ec70d7f20b0230.png

I would have thought something like this would have been the matter for an EGM or special general meeting or something. Since it's kind of important to plan ahead for the new season.

I  understand it's to be Division 3 & Division 4 next season (as opposed to conferences).

The 7 new clubs will go into a  13-team Div 4 along with last year's clubs, minus Finnart, who get promoted to Div 3, and Harthill who resigned in a huff.

That's going to mean a 19-team Div 3 though ....

Edited by archieb

8 hours ago, archieb said:

I  understand it's to be Division 3 & Division 4 next season (as opposed to conferences).

The 7 new clubs will go into a  12-team Div 4 along with last year's clubs, minus Finnart, who get promoted to Div 3, and Harthill who resigned in a huff.

What 7 new clubs?

11 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

What 7 new clubs?

Egilton from Kilwinning 

Another Broomhill

Another Rossvale 

West Park Utd from Bishopbriggs 

Threave Rovers from Castle Douglas 

Plus two others

Edited by Glenconner

To be fair to Harthill when you look at the line up in East of Scotland Division 3 for Season 2022-2023 its an absolute no brainer for them from a travel perspective.

2022-2023 Third Division

View
  Club P W D L F A GD Pts
1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

19 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Egilton from Kilwinning 

Another Broomhill

Another Rossvale 

West Park Utd from Bishopbriggs 

Threave Rovers from Castle Douglas 

Plus two others

Thorn Athletic

Blantyre Soccer Academy

Easterhouse

9 hours ago, archieb said:

The 7 new clubs will go into a  12-team Div 4 along with last year's clubs, minus Finnart, who get promoted to Div 3, and Harthill who resigned in a huff.

Wouldn't Division Four be left at 13 teams? 8-2+7 = 13

8 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

So no new Broomhill?

No new Broomhill. BSC Glasgow joined last year, splitting away from the Lowland League team that changed their name to Broomhill. If that's where the confusion comes in.

Blantyre Soccer Academy, Easterhouse, Eglinton, Rossvale Academy, Thorn Athletic, Threave Rovers, and West Park United.

There was a rumour that one of the Rossvale's might be rebranding.

3 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

So all 7 have been accepted? Just to be ratified at the AGM?

My understanding is that everyone's supposed to meet the minimum requirements for membership so there would be no reason to reject them. Everything seems to be going down to the AGM which isn't until the 25th so there's a degree of uncertainty for the time being.

29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

No new Broomhill. BSC Glasgow joined last year, splitting away from the Lowland League team that changed their name to Broomhill. If that's where the confusion comes in.

Blantyre Soccer Academy, Easterhouse, Eglinton, Rossvale Academy, Thorn Athletic, Threave Rovers, and West Park United.

There was a rumour that one of the Rossvale's might be rebranding.

My understanding is that everyone's supposed to meet the minimum requirements for membership so there would be no reason to reject them. Everything seems to be going down to the AGM which isn't until the 25th so there's a degree of uncertainty for the time being.

Doesn't really give the new teams much time to prepare! Many will be back to preseason or certainly close to starting preseason by then.

1 minute ago, Crazy Feet said:

Doesn't really give the new teams much time to prepare! Many will be back to preseason or certainly close to starting preseason by then.

I agree and it's why i've asked about in other threads. It's been over two weeks since the Lowland Playoff. Everyone in the Premier-First-Second have known what division they will be in and have been able to plan accordingly. Everyone below and applying have been disadvantaged.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

I agree and it's why i've asked about in other threads. It's been over two weeks since the Lowland Playoff. Everyone in the Premier-First-Second have known what division they will be in and have been able to plan accordingly. Everyone below and applying have been disadvantaged.

Definitely. What league these new clubs will be playing in is going to impact on their recruitment of players and the longer it goes on, they could end up missing out on players etc due to the uncertainty.

9 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Definitely. What league these new clubs will be playing in is going to impact on their recruitment of players and the longer it goes on, they could end up missing out on players etc due to the uncertainty.

It's far from ideal. Threave Rovers have even quit the South without being accepted into the WoSFL.

I'm thinking the Division 4 and applicant clubs have been given assurances by the Board. Worse case scenario the Fourth Division will carry on. Their hope being everyone gets accepted as full members and Third Division Conferences.

13 hours ago, archieb said:

The 7 new clubs will go into a  13-team Div 4 along with last year's clubs, minus Finnart, who get promoted to Div 3, and Harthill who resigned in a huff.

Are Finnart being promoted just because they won Div 4 or is it because they also meet the ground criteria? Do none of the other Div 4 clubs from last season meet the criteria as well?