Armenia v Scotland

Me too. Still can’t bring myself to have my morning coffee out of my Scotland mug. 46 years old. Me, not the Scotland mug.
Is it one of those mugs with Jack Hendry on it where, when you pour boiling water in, his ability to defend disappears?

Asking for a friend.

If Ireland win tonight it could cause a potential headache down the road in terms of head to head.
Draw a decent outcome.
Can't see why it would be a headache. If Ireland win tonight and we beat them at hampden and Ireland beat Armenia, we are 9 points each. Thats before we factor in our two games against Ukraine. We simply need to beat Ireland at home, if we do they are gone.

Can't see why it would be a headache. If Ireland win tonight and we beat them at hampden and Ireland beat Armenia, we are 9 points each. Thats before we factor in our two games against Ukraine. We simply need to beat Ireland at home, if we do they are gone.
Think so, though preventing a Ukraine clean sweep is a decent alternative.

A draw is better in that game for us is it not? We aren't going to win the H2H v Ireland if we finish in a tie with them, and our GD is likely to be the worst of us, UKR & RoI in a 3 way tie

Ireland have played an extra game, if we beat them they'll be all but out of it. Three way tie is very unlikely, so them winning is definitely the best outcome.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Ireland have played an extra game, if we beat them they'll be all but out of it. Three way tie is very unlikely, so them winning is definitely the best outcome.

3-way tie would require us all to lose two. 

The only way for Ireland to only lose two, requires them to beat us, in which case we’d need to beat Ukraine twice and we still couldn’t win the group.

An Ireland win means 5 points v Ukraine & ROI would be all that is required, no?

If we drew twice with Ukraine it would go to GD, where we might lose out however.

The only downside of Ireland winning is that it increases our chances of finishing 3rd in the group, which might be a bad thing in terms of a play-off. But it makes winning the group much more likely, which has to be our main aim.

Just now, craigkillie said:

The only downside of Ireland winning is that it increases our chances of finishing 3rd in the group, which might be a bad thing in terms of a play-off. But it makes winning the group much more likely, which has to be our main aim.

Winning the group is our only aim

Ireland doing huge favour!