Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

26 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Teams like Clydebank should resign from the West and join the SoSFL, they would almost be guaranteed to be in the playoffs. 

26 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Teams like Clydebank should resign from the West and join the SoSFL, they would almost be guaranteed to be in the playoffs. 

The quickest way to fix the promotion relegation is to have an 18 team lowland league as tier 6 with west/East teams 3 up 3 down from lowland league then you would have west east and south at tier 7. Although you probably need more west teams to get licensed 

26 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

The quickest way to fix the promotion relegation is to have an 18 team lowland league as tier 6 with west/East teams 3 up 3 down from lowland league then you would have west east and south at tier 7. Although you probably need more west teams to get licensed 

I don’t disagree, but the SFA have repeatedly refused to let the LL go to 18 member clubs.

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

The Dalbeattie chairman practically admitted before the 1st leg on "norrie works" YouTube film that they were happy away from the LL. The travelling had caught up wi them. 

When the champion club is coming out wi that (and I've always defended the SoSFL at tier 6) its maybe time to look at the SoSFL standing in the pyramid. 

Have to agree, it does appear that there's very little appetite for these clubs to go to the LL and to be honest, you can't really blame them.

Gretna are odds on to drop end of next season and I wouldn't bet they'd be in a hurry to return.

Threave Rovers have shown there is an alternative and maybe time to have serious discussion about the SoS linking with the WoS, maybe sit alongside the bottom WoS division.

38 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Have to agree, it does appear that there's very little appetite for these clubs to go to the LL and to be honest, you can't really blame them.

Gretna are odds on to drop end of next season and I wouldn't bet they'd be in a hurry to return.

Threave Rovers have shown there is an alternative and maybe time to have serious discussion about the SoS linking with the WoS, maybe sit alongside the bottom WoS division.

Any serious discussion right now starts and ends with the Lowland League willing to open up between Tier 5 & 6. I know you will remember around the time of the Colts looking to extend,  someone with Tranent ties suggestion a motion might be in the works.

Now the Lowland League knows its membership for next season. The AGM must be round the corner. Doesn't sound like anything actually happened on that front. With the number of "proper" teams and ex-SPFL clubs there's little excuse for it not to have been raised. If it was stubbed out before a proper vote it would be good to hear the excuses why.

2 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Anyway..........

Congratulations to Brox on promotion to the LL.

They've been backed in numbers all season. 

Population of Brox/Uphall about 17,000

And 15 minutes from the 2nd biggest city in Scotland.

Dalbeattie, population circa 4.000 of which at least over 50% are retired. No industry or career prospects.

Well done Broxburn. Best of luck in the LL

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Any serious discussion right now starts and ends with the Lowland League willing to open up between Tier 5 & 6. I know you will remember around the time of the Colts looking to extend,  someone with Tranent ties suggestion a motion might be in the works.

Now the Lowland League knows its membership for next season. The AGM must be round the corner. Doesn't sound like anything actually happened on that front. With the number of "proper" teams and ex-SPFL clubs there's little excuse for it not to have been raised. If it was stubbed out before a proper vote it would be good to hear the excuses why.

AGM is on Monday.

11 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Did The Rangers (v2.0)  put in an application for a B team to play in the LL ?

Not as far as I am aware, I haven’t seen an agenda, but not been told otherwise.

8 hours ago, annan4eva said:

Tell you what why not take all the non SPFL teams ( especially juniors ) out of the Scottish cup too as they have no chance of winning it ? At least Dalbeattie didn’t fake it a la Buckie & Beith.

Never said nothing about faking it or the Scottish Cup! 

Did you see the interview? 

Sore when he's only talking sense. 

17 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Never said nothing about faking it or the Scottish Cup! 

Did you see the interview? 

Sore when he's only talking sense. 

There is a miss understanding here doesn’t matter 

I was going to try and see what Tier 6 would look like just using the Scotscores rankings.

https://scotscores.theroonba.com/clubrank/clubrank.html

Its always a bit of a guesstimate, but they really need to look at how they weigh some of the values if Sauchie end up 3rd best team from the East of Scotland area and Beith find themselves behind St Cadoc's, Largs, Clydebank.

image.thumb.png.672b54d5e6e6d15751901fc01fec4c41.png

10 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Intrigued by this bit. In what way were Beith "faking it" ?

Show your workings.

The SFA clearly shut the licensing process at the behest of Beith bucks

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I was going to try and see what Tier 6 would look like just using the Scotscores rankings.

https://scotscores.theroonba.com/clubrank/clubrank.html

Its always a bit of a guesstimate, but they really need to look at how they weigh some of the values if Sauchie end up 3rd best team from the East of Scotland area and Beith find themselves behind St Cadoc's, Largs, Clydebank.

image.thumb.png.672b54d5e6e6d15751901fc01fec4c41.png

Sauchie always seem to sit really high on the list. I've noticed it for a while, don't know if there is a rouge number in the workings somewhere

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Sauchie always seem to sit really high on the list. I've noticed it for a while, don't know if there is a rouge number in the workings somewhere

The red menace.

14 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The red menace.

Well spotted! It's still looks right to me, I'm genuinely stuck on the spelling and it's actually annoying me now!