Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

32 minutes ago, Sermani said:

Surely now that Rangers B are out the League Dalbeattie Star should be invited back, just to make it a round 19 teams?

And what's so terrible about playing across the county. 😡

36 minutes ago, Sermani said:

The county has only one other team in it.  Ask your pals at Meadow Park

You've lost me there. I was meaning D&G. Are you talking about Kirkcudbrightshire. Explain to this simple outsider.🤔🤔

21 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

We only do big cups.

Seriously, quite pleased not to be involved. Last year we got a glamour tie away to Kilmarnock B early season, probably last thing we needed at that point.

Surely you mean personally invited to. 😁😁

7 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

You've lost me there. I was meaning D&G. Are you talking about Kirkcudbrightshire. Explain to this simple outsider.🤔🤔

D&G when i was at school was, Kirkcudbrightshire, Wigtownshire and Dumfrieshire,  Kirkcudbrightshire is now the Stewartry which only have The Star and Saints in the South league

47 minutes ago, Sermani said:

D&G when i was at school was, Kirkcudbrightshire, Wigtownshire and Dumfrieshire,  Kirkcudbrightshire is now the Stewartry which only have The Star and Saints in the South league

Its not big to pick on the less fortunate so fir that ye can piss off back to the LL.

🤨🤨

21 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Aberdeen quoted the B team costing 400K

The Rangers are quoted 1.2M on wummins fitba so a million for the Colts seems pretty average. For the Gers.

Aye probably for B Team players wages, staff costs etc. 

B Team or no B Team those costs will all still be there so not as if it’s a cost cutting exercise. 

8 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Aberdeen quoted the B team costing 400K

The Rangers are quoted 1.2M on wummins fitba so a million for the Colts seems pretty average. For the Gers.

I can't have been paying attention sir.

So Gers are not running with a team at this age group next season?

I thought it was just getting pulled from the LL.

It's like being at school again.

Whit was that Miss I kinda zoned out there. 😗😗

10 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I can't have been paying attention sir.

So Gers are not running with a team at this age group next season?

I thought it was just getting pulled from the LL.

It's like being at school again.

Whit was that Miss I kinda zoned out there. 😗😗

Extract from their statement which suggests they'll still be running a team:

Matches with the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool are among the fixtures to have featured and that programme will continue and indeed be enhanced alongside the club’s commitments in the SPFL Trust Trophy, City of Glasgow Cup and, hopefully, the UEFA Youth League, which provided an outstanding environment for our players last season. This will ensure our young players in that crucial 18-21 age group are given regular tests of a varied nature.

39 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Extract from their statement which suggests they'll still be running a team:

Matches with the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool are among the fixtures to have featured and that programme will continue and indeed be enhanced alongside the club’s commitments in the SPFL Trust Trophy, City of Glasgow Cup and, hopefully, the UEFA Youth League, which provided an outstanding environment for our players last season. This will ensure our young players in that crucial 18-21 age group are given regular tests of a varied nature.

Really need to stop listening to @PossilYM he's a bad influence on me and I'll end up on the naughty step again. 😈😈

Here's a wee thought on the b team development angle.

The LL games were, for them, non-competitive.

These friendlies, tournos, etc. they don't have to be against their own age group. 

There are plenty of adult clubs out there at all levels who will have free weekends, players who need game time and so on. Look into that if they haven't already done so.

Be proactive don't expect another organisation to plan out your season for you, especially one run by volunteers.

8 hours ago, Basile Boli said:

Aye probably for B Team players wages, staff costs etc. 

B Team or no B Team those costs will all still be there so not as if it’s a cost cutting exercise. 

No 40k buy in, no SPFL ground rental, no 36 match day costs as whatever they do won't replicate that schedule.

Biggest saving will come from cutting the squad. Prior to the Lowland League their B team would still have players in their early 20s and 1st team squad players filling it out. They had to carry a larger u21 pool of players. Certainly hasn't been the signing spree of the past couple of seasons.