Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

25 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

On the subject of groundhopping, is Threave Rovers ground the opposite end of the town from the Tesco?

It is aye. Tesco basically at top of King St. over roundabout. Meadow Park at bottom end, turn right after Moore's Chippie follow rod down to wee industrial estate. Park entrance just after ambulance station and opposite Travis Perkins.

Dont tell me your visa has been approved to enter glorious Kirkcudbrightshire?

10 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

It is aye. Tesco basically at top of King St. over roundabout. Meadow Park at bottom end, turn right after Moore's Chippie follow rod down to wee industrial estate. Park entrance just after ambulance station and opposite Travis Perkins.

Dont tell me your visa has been approved to enter glorious Kirkcudbrightshire?

Got a local that works in the Embassy to get me the visa.

Just to show it at White Sands and i'm good to go.

26 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Correct I was too young to see us then but must have been some great players at Central Park that season.

Scotland was full of great "local born" players back then.

You could name the best players in every team.

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

On the subject of groundhopping, is Threave Rovers ground the opposite end of the town from the Tesco?

Boring facts: the white seats at Threave came from Love Street.

To keep it relevant to the thread- must pop along to Central Park next season. Squad doesn't look too bad.

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Got a local that works in the Embassy to get me the visa.

Just to show it at White Sands and i'm good to go.

That's Dumfries my friend. There's a border control at Lochfoot before you are allowed into The Galloway.👮‍♂️👮‍♀️

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Boring facts: the white seats at Threave came from Love Street.

To keep it relevant to the thread- must pop along to Central Park next season. Squad doesn't look too bad.

Not going back to the renamed Edinburgh City?

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Not going back to the renamed Edinburgh City?

Yeah heard this yesterday on Clyde midweek scoreboard that’s FC Edinburgh changing back to Edinburgh City FC

Not checked yet but is this true? Or has it happened a while ago and I’m as usual late hearing the news?

44 minutes ago, KickaBaw said:

Yeah heard this yesterday on Clyde midweek scoreboard that’s FC Edinburgh changing back to Edinburgh City FC

Not checked yet but is this true? Or has it happened a while ago and I’m as usual late hearing the news?

Only happened yesterday

1 hour ago, KickaBaw said:

They announced yesterday that that the SFA had approved the name change.

2 hours ago, KickaBaw said:

The new chairman announced it a few weeks back, did they fall back in with the social club?

1 minute ago, Chris_the_rover said:

We went to threve for a friendly a few years ago, nice wee ground pies were great and they opened the bar behind the goals at half time

The bar is now a fully functioning newly refurbished and extended social club. Open on match days from 12am right through with evening entertainment.

It is one of the best kitted out non-league grounds in Scotland on a par with any, just not as lauded, it being located in the far-off South West.

20 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

The new chairman announced it a few weeks back, did they fall back in with the social club?

I don’t follow them that much except like teams that were either tier 5 or less doing well in the SPFL since 2015 I think

Remember there was a big of a scuffle about the name change a few years back but don’t know full details, suppose it was the usual power struggle you get between the in-house fighting 

It is the social club who own the rights to the name not the football club.

They are 2 seperate entities social club are the only part of the original Edinburgh City left. Whereas the football club now were originally an amateur team called Postal United formed in the 60's who were granted permission to use the name in the 80's

Last year there was a falling out and the social club told the football club to stop using the name, I think the social club were getting nothing from the football club

Edited by Chris_the_rover

2 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Aye but it was just approved by the SFA yesterday.

Speaking to someone last season the social club thing was a bit of a read herring re the name change.

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

They are 2 seperate entities social club are the only part of the original Edinburgh City left. Whereas the football club now were originally an amateur team called Postal United formed in the 60's who were granted permission to use the name in the 80's

Last year there was a falling out and the social club told the football club to stop using the name, I think the social club were getting nothing from the football club

Postal were formed way long before the 60s don’t always believe wiki.

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

The Social Club say they got a letter from the Football Club asking for exclusive rights. To which the reply was along the lines of the one given in the famous case of Arkell v Pressdram. 

Arkell v. Pressdram - by Shaun Usher - Letters of Note