Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The Social Club say they got a letter from the Football Club asking for exclusive rights. To which the reply was along the lines of the one given in the famous case of Arkell v Pressdram. 

Arkell v. Pressdram - by Shaun Usher - Letters of Note

To save me clicking, I'm assuming that the two word reply included "off" as the second one.

48 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Now that the SPFL fixtures are out, does anyone know when the LL fixtures are coming out? Ta...

No Idea. Only the July one's.

It's quite disappointing the level of communication that comes from the Lowland League particularly the website.

You would think to engage and communicate with fans there at least would be some sort of timeframe to let fans know when to expect the fixtures to come out and to manage people's expectations and for clubs to plan accordingly i.e sponsorship/hospitality 

Edited by Cowden316

2 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

No Idea. Only the July one's.

It's quite disappointing the level of communication that comes from the Lowland League particularly the website.

You would think to engage and communicate with fans there at least would be some sort of timeframe to let fans know when to expect the fixtures to come out and to manage people's expectations and for clubs to plan accordingly i.e sponsorship/hospitality 

Got to remember they don't have full time staff. Also they had to wait on the SPFL fixtures being released due to groundshares.

Edited by cowdenbeath

32 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Got to remember they don't have full time staff. Also they had to wait on the SPFL fixtures being released due to groundshares.

Fair enough. I see they are out now.

Probably not easy working through such complexities.

Looking forward to next season 

7 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Fair enough. I see they are out now.

Probably not easy working through such complexities.

Looking forward to next season 

The guy who compiles then certainly will have a tough job with all the hurdles in front of him.

Done quite well just 6 days after the SPFL released theirs.

Neither club has much of a presence here, so thought might as well post on the general thread.  Free entry to Ainslie Park tomorrow night for the first LL game of the season, Hearts B v Gretna.  Decent gesture by Hearts, might get some curious fans in (and by that I don’t mean the Hearts support in general 😉)

What do the B teams usually charge? I'd have thought it would be minimal given how little impact it would have on budgets of these clubs and they must be desperate to attract fans along given how much they talk about how they want these games to be 'competitive environment.'