Glastonbury

BigDoddyKane

11 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

It's that time of year again for me to moan about the line up being shit. Maybe it is getting worse every year or maybe I'm getting older every year. Or maybe both.

Anyway, it's shit.

image.thumb.png.e500a36116b2774eb57337f8405e39e3.png

Pyramid stage is awful (PJ Harvey excluded) but other than that it’s not actually too bad. 

• 3 months later...
On 14/03/2024 at 21:01, MazzyStar said:

Pyramid stage is awful (PJ Harvey excluded) but other than that it’s not actually too bad. 

PJ Harvey’s set is on the iPlayer now and it’s absolutely magnificent.  She’s a genius. 

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

LCD Soundsystem sound amazing. So looking forward to them playing the Barras on Sunday 

Never really paid attention to them before but they were great. Better than the mindless pop that’s on now. Anyone with backing dancers should be disqualified from playing Glastonbury.

Tuned in to BBC IPlayer at midday to watch Squeeze. They didn’t show it. No highlights either.

Idles were fucking superb. I imagine there may be some editing of their set for iplayer though.

Best so far followed by PJ and LCD Soundsystem.

Caught a bit of Confidence Man earlier. They have some catchy tunes and there’s no denying that Janet Planet is a fine looking woman but my god, the dancing!?! It’s like watching a primary school show or a bunch of 5 year olds at a birthday party full of Irn Bru and sweets.

Edited by Tattie36

30 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Dua Lipa, who I'm watching now and realising for the first time that I have actually heard several of her songs, is advert music. And seems to be putting on a performance for the television rather than anyone actually there. I don't get it.

I had this on tonight and there was a bit near the end of the Elton John song that she does where she literally wasn’t on stage and her backing dancers finished off the last two minutes quite badly. I think she was off for a outfit change or something but it was really weird for the camera just to be focusing on randomers half singing a song on backing track.

Glastonbury/ Party in the Park etc is a strange anti football experience, I watch it on to and enjoy it but think glad I am not there definitely better on tv. Had to pick my daughter up from the Saturday last year and felt sorry for them, the looked like it’s a great summer at 11am, at 11pm they looked like cold & just needed home.
However football I don’t watch much on tv as I always think it’s so much better being there, was at the East Fife v Pars tonight and walked back to the car entertained despite the quality & result.

6 hours ago, derrybiy said:

Idles were good and their antics might ruffle some feathers but I wouldn't expect anything else from them. The boy Flynn must have been shtting himself, I know I would be. 

The daily mail readers heads will explode

33 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

2024 - the year music turned political.  

Watched three songs of Dua Lioa performing to a backing track and now on to Fontaines DC, who are simultaneously turning into Blink 182 and maturing into some excellent music.