Third Divison 22/23

3 hours ago, larkyforever said:

A mixture of missed chances, goaline clearances, and a fluke goal did for the Jags today. Not impressed with Vales constant timewasting

That is built into their game plan but watch them run when they are behind!

Disappointing performance, yet again from Lanark.  We can play some nice stuff but, we are not savvy enough against teams like the Vics, AWR etc.  We don't have the dig or physical presence that other teams do.  Will take a huge turnaround in mindset for us to go up IMO

Vics brought a good number with them today. The youth clubs must have been empty in Irvine. Half of them weren't interested in the game. Hilarious watching them

Edited by bc57

Gow 5 Dalry Thistle 2

Gow raced into 3-0 lead by half time. 3rd goal from Paul Woodlock was goal of the season contender.

Dalry woke up a bit in the second half. Gow went 4-0 up early on with a quality finish from McStay.

Dalry had a wee spell and got a goal back. Gow replied with a fifth from the penalty spot, only to be pegged back with another Dalry strike.

Gow had a few opportunities after that but couldn't take them. 

KELLO ROVERS O    LARKHALL THISTLE  1

Hard fought but deserved win gets the Jags back on track . Two outstanding saves from the long-serving and great character Kello goalie.

We cannot afford to drop any more stupid points.

Great pies BTW .

22 hours ago, larkyforever said:

KELLO ROVERS O    LARKHALL THISTLE  1

Hard fought but deserved win gets the Jags back on track . Two outstanding saves from the long-serving and great character Kello goalie.

We cannot afford to drop any more stupid points.

Great pies BTW .

The pies are great down there as is that big keeper!

4 of the top 6 play each other this weekend so points will definitely be dropped in the promotion run in.

My hunch is a home win for VoC and a draw at Larkhall but, who knows. Injuries, suspensions, holidays and dare I say nerves can play such a big part at this stage of the season.

Vale of Clyde are the best team we have played this season,(my title favourites IMO) closely followed by Lanark. No disrespect to the other top 6 challengers. Lanark won't be far away despite their recent heavy loss to us. Still hard to call with loads of football to be played and any 3 from 6 still in with a shout of promotion. 

we've had a good season so far, better than our expectations however there is the opportunity for our guys to make it a great season and secure promotion. 

This division has been competitive from the first ball being kicked and looks like it is going to the wire.

Bring it on.

14 hours ago, tombo said:

Vale of Clyde are the best team we have played this season,(my title favourites IMO) closely followed by Lanark. No disrespect to the other top 6 challengers. Lanark won't be far away despite their recent heavy loss to us. Still hard to call with loads of football to be played and any 3 from 6 still in with a shout of promotion. 

we've had a good season so far, better than our expectations however there is the opportunity for our guys to make it a great season and secure promotion. 

This division has been competitive from the first ball being kicked and looks like it is going to the wire.

Bring it on.

Larkhall are IMO the best team having beaten all of the challengers except AWR , including VoC away, Vics away, and Lanark twice. Lots of football to be played, but if Larkie win on Sat, which I expect, that just about eliminates Lesmahagow from the race.

17 minutes ago, larkyforever said:

Larkhall are IMO the best team having beaten all of the challengers except AWR , including VoC away, Vics away, and Lanark twice. Lots of football to be played, but if Larkie win on Sat, which I expect, that just about eliminates Lesmahagow from the race.

Been to see VoC a couple of times when we've been off plus we beat them early on.  Also seen AWR a couple of times, once when they won at VoC and when they pumped us.  They are, IMO, the best two teams in the division.  Little to choose between Larkhall and Vics.

Lanark are good when we are good and create lots of chances for ourselves but I don't think we are as physical as the other promotion contenders despite the new management getting us much fitter than we have been for a while.

Lots of if's, buts, maybe's but, at the end of the season the table doesn't lie. That will tell us who the best team is at the only time it really matters.

4 hours ago, larkyforever said:

With top six having between 10-15 games to go. I wouldn't discount anyone. Expecting and actually happening can be miles apart.

I wouldn't have expected VOL to get result against Larky, nor our defeat to Carluke. 

Midweek fixtures beginning soon that adds another myriad of possibilities.

The Gow have been on a run of good form, discounting Carluke and there were circumstances.

Looking forward to the game down at Gasworks. Write us off at your peril.

Larkhall Th 5 Gow 4

The Gow were far too passive in first half, went in 2-0 down. Larky scored early in 2nd half to make it three.

Then the Gow revival started, got  two quick goals. Larky then scored from a breakaway up the park 4-2

Maguire and Coffey came on like men possessed. Maguire scored, then Weir scored from a free kick, with keeper blundering 4-4. 

At that point, only looked like one winner. Gow hit post and shot just over the bar.

Larky then scored with a few minutes to go, catching Gow on the break.

The Gow deserved more out of it, if they hadn't been so passive in first half. Larky are good middle to front, however their defence is an absolute car crash.

Vale of Clyde 2 Irvine Vic's 1 a decent game, Va!e deservedly 20 up ht after a good header back across the gk, then a tidy finish in the box. 21 as striker ran through, seemingly offside from my view, stirred it up for a bit. Vic's pushed, but the back four and the strong gk kept them at bay. Decent game among top six sides, plenty of effort.20230408_135838.thumb.jpg.65f026362582e31759286efb84409dfb.jpg20230408_141840.thumb.jpg.fea69272d7addd3836bf980f737938d3.jpg