The Queen of the South thread

It could either be that he's like Mark Kerr and isn't physically able to play at premiership level but could more than do a job here or he is genuinely done. Certainly gives us a dynamic that we haven't got at present in being a big lump to aim at.

Be careful what you wish for - random guy is spot on. If you are fortunate enough to be dominating games and getting quality balls into the box John Sutton is likely to score goals. To be fair so is Derek Lyle and not only does he score goals but his link up play and work rate is excellent.

Cant see a partnership of Lyle and Sutton working at all so will Lyle drop out to accommodate Sutton. Cant see how that is justified based on what Lyle has produced this season.

To be honest I would rather see us coaching Gary Oliver intensely to try and find some composure in the final third to go with his ability to turn quickly and beat players. Surely hitting the target occasionally from a few yards out cant be that difficult can it?

I've yet to make my mind up on Oliver yet. But in the guy's defence, how many games has he been given up front? And how many games has he been given with a strike partner? Not very many. Strikers don't score goals instantly, they need time. The way Fowler chops and changes our line-ups the boy has no chance.

As QOS 19 says Oliver hasnt had that many games as a striker in a partnership. There is no doubt that he has ability to beat players and cause havoc in final third as demonstrated at Dumbarton and he also played well at Livvy. The big BUT comes when you start to look at his finishing - and his failure to work the keeper from great positions. In all honesty he does the difficult bit really well - shields the ball well, turns defenders, drops the shoulder and makes that vital half yard and then the crucial shot is invariably off target or lacking power. Danny was the same and the reality is that the price tag for a player in a striking role is the goals for column and not the mercurial flair although if you can do both then the skys the limit.

NM - I can see why there is a lot of interest in John Sutton from Championship teams - he has scored goals at most teams he has played for and he may well be the type that would benefit us. We could certainly do with more goalscorers in the team - no question about that. If we do bring him in we will have to create a style of play that suits him. Hard to imagine Derek Lyle and him playing together but you never know.

See that wee Aidan Connoly has been released by Dundee United I think he would be worth a look at least. I know he is small but

technically he is really good might be a bit like Carmicheal. Personally can't see any harm in a 6 month contract give us more options on the wings (I believe that's where he plays excuse me if I'm wrong though).

See that wee Aidan Connoly has been released by Dundee United I think he would be worth a look at least. I know he is small but

technically he is really good might be a bit like Carmicheal. Personally can't see any harm in a 6 month contract give us more options on the wings (I believe that's where he plays excuse me if I'm wrong though).

Training with, and looking likely to sign for, Raith