The Queen of the South thread

I've been following Queens for 45 years, lots of highs and lows over that time.

For some reason, this feels like one of the worst periods. It's as if we're at a turning point. If this slide can't be turned around, I fear relegation and a long, dismal spell in the wilderness.

14 minutes ago, Benji said:

I've been following Queens for 45 years, lots of highs and lows over that time.

For some reason, this feels like one of the worst periods. It's as if we're at a turning point. If this slide can't be turned around, I fear relegation and a long, dismal spell in the wilderness.

I'm not quite in the relegation possibility camp just yet, although all the evidence probably goes against this thinking. It's still a bit early to be contemplating life in a lower division but for the sake of discussion could the Club sustain it's full time status. It definitely helped in our last promotion achievement and there are a couple of full time teams already in League 1, at least 1 of which will probably be promoted for next season though, so it could prove harder to bounce back up at the first attempt. Arguably we do not have as good a team as Magic had at his disposal which could also hinder a quick return. There's still a long way to go this season however and hopefully this discussion proves hypothetical. Fingers crossed.

The Supporters Liaison Officer, an existing club volunteer, appointed by the club, to talk for the club to the supporters. The "liaison" here is coming out of the boardroom, not into it, which is what most supporters have been asking for.

Still, let's hope they do a good job that benefits the club.

Do any of you guys feel that Queens are missing Gary Oliver at all? I wasn't that bothered when we signed him and I remember some Queens fans not being fussed about losing him especially when Dobbie signed. Glad to say he's proved me and a lot of other ton fans wrong. He's become an important part of the team and is one of the first names on the team sheet. Delighted that we've got him on a 2 year deal.

Gary Oliver is a talented player but for whatever reason he didn't fulfil his potential with us. We should have given him a second year because ball players who have talent and skill are rare at this level but I understand that there is a family connection at Morton so it was probably a forgone conclusion that he would leave.

17 hours ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

Kyle Wilkie and Scott mercer off to reunite with GN I hear

We need a lot more than 2 signing from East Fife.

Need a big name loan signing to lift the players and the fans.

Rory Loy would be a great signing plus Thomson from Celtic