The Queen of the South thread

It is a shame that our hard core has dwindled, but I honestly don't see that it's got a great deal to do with failings on the club's part.

We field a team we can afford and that generally sees us do better than smaller clubs and less well than bigger ones.

It bugs me that people watch the OF and it bugs me that seemingly big games aren't such a draw anymore.  It is what it is though and comparing us to bankrolled Highland clubs, or ones that can tap into huge population bases for their youth schemes, doesn't really shed a lot of relevant light.

We do have a slight geographical advantage with tapping into youth talent don't we?

I think the club on the whole is being run well off the pitch. Of course we should try everything to boost attendances but in the meantime we can take heart from the fact that revenue aside from crowds has increased.

Youth is the answer if we are to punch above our weight on the pitch. There won't be too many more Dobbies on the horizon!

Whilst it is nice to win, even for just the confidence and morale aspect, it really is all about fitness and trying things out at this stage. The main point for me is calling these games Pre-season friendlies, presumably charging admission,  when they are merely glorified training games when countless substitutions can be made.  I suppose it's always good for fans to get a look at new players but I would rather we played two or three games like this behind closed doors then, when the Manager has a better idea of his preferred starting 11, we have a couple of proper friendlies which would give fans a better indication of what to expect in the season ahead. I suppose the counter argument is that the season starts earlier, games are harder to fit in and it's more of a squad game now, but from a fans point of view I don't see much to encourage me to go to games like this. (Apart from a day out in lovely Cowdenbeath) 

Results really don't matter in friendlys it is all about fitness.I remember a few seasons back when we were unbeating  in pre season only to have a awful start to the season

More important how did the trialists play take it there were McFadden and McLean