The Queen of the South thread

Mebude still OK for Morton game then we will find out what happens with him, Think Mckee could be back next week, automatic 2 game ban for Obileye & Mccabe club just need to exept that and dig in for a result at Morton, The Hearts game away was never going to be easy anyway so anything anytime there is a bonus. The Hibs game in Scottish cup comes along at the right time the minimum of Obileye & Mccabe would be back for that and by the time the league games start again the following weekend hopefully we will have more players available for the last 5 games. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Mebude still OK for Morton game then we will find out what happens with him, Think Mckee could be back next week, automatic 2 game ban for Obileye & Mccabe club just need to exept that and dig in for a result at Morton, The Hearts game away was never going to be easy anyway so anything anytime there is a bonus. The Hibs game in Scottish cup comes along at the right time the minimum of Obileye & Mccabe would be back for that and by the time the league games start again the following weekend hopefully we will have more players available for the last 5 games. 

I think Findlay mentioned in commentary a 3 game ban for both Obileye and McCabe? So both would miss the Scottish cup. 

What’s the process in terms of appeals? For what it’s worth I don’t think we’ll win it, but am I right in saying if we appeal Obileye’s red then he will be available for next week just with the time it takes?  If so, think it’s potentially worth doing so (not sure of the cost of appeals now though) and would give us time to get injured players back fit. 

3 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

I think Findlay mentioned in commentary a 3 game ban for both Obileye and McCabe? So both would miss the Scottish cup. 

What’s the process in terms of appeals? For what it’s worth I don’t think we’ll win it, but am I right in saying if we appeal Obileye’s red then he will be available for next week just with the time it takes?  If so, think it’s potentially worth doing so (not sure of the cost of appeals now though) and would give us time to get injured players back fit. 

It's only a 2 match ban appeal and fail adds atleast another game, think we need to suck it up and go with Dickson & Mcgrory next 2 games by then other players should be available again gir Scottish cup and league run in... 

4 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Agreed.  If the system is flawed enough to allow players to play whilst waiting on an appeal being heard or decided,  we should take advantage of it.  McCabe's red I wouldn't waste the appeals money on however much he was incited,  but Obileye's is worth a try IMO. Even if the appeal is decided before next week there's always the chance it could be downgraded to a yellow. 

On 14/03/2021 at 09:08, SUPERSOUTH said:

Surely Queens will appeal the Ayo red card why just except a very poor decision .

Have watched it many times it is a booking nothing more .

Would the appeal be fast tracked and heard this week lose appeal another game added to the ban that seems unfair to me always thought you only lose the money  

We should try and get another loan signing in someone with experience  we can't expect our young players to carry us through.

It will be a very young makeshift midfield  the last thing you want going to Morton .

We can forget the playoffs they went when Jones got injured but staying in the Championship and out of the relegation playoffs has to be our aim going to be very difficult with our now depleted squad .

Edited by Northfield 53

On 13/03/2021 at 17:08, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Today's result was not good but Morton,  Ayr and Arbroath losing too takes a bit of sting out of it. 

The league is now very tight after Inverness and Ayr winning tonight .

Morton game on Saturday is crucial could decide our season if we are heading up or down .

For me we just have to many key players out to get a result could have 7 out our midfield is far to weak 

8 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

The league is now very tight after Inverness and Ayr winning tonight .

Morton game on Saturday is crucial could decide our season if we are heading up or down .

For me we just have to many key players out to get a result could have 7 out our midfield is far to weak 

Really hope we are successful with Mccabe and more so Ayo's appeal the morra massive game now in Sat. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Again, I can't quite decide whether they were bad results for us or not.  

Given how many players we're now missing, it might have felt comfier if they'd gone the other way.  They do help keep play-off hopes at the top end alive though, so who knows.

The table has a crazy look about it, but I suppose that's got something to do with the fact that in normal circumstances, we'd just be past half way through the season, rather than entering its closing stages.

If you were offered a finish of around 7th or 8th right now, would you take it?  I probably would.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Again, I can't quite decide whether they were bad results for us or not.  

Given how many players we're now missing, it might have felt comfier if they'd gone the other way.  They do help keep play-off hopes at the top end alive though, so who knows.

The table has a crazy look about it, but I suppose that's got something to do with the fact that in normal circumstances, we'd just be past half way through the season, rather than entering its closing stages.

If you were offered a finish of around 7th or 8th right now, would you take it?  I probably would.

Yes on balance I would probably take that.

As you suggest it's hard to know what way we want results to go. Like many of us my default position re QOS is one of hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

I'll feel a lot more comfortable if we could beat Morton on Saturday.

I am more confident than some despite the loss of Jones and likely loss of Mebude. We played the first five games of our streak without them (other than the last 14 mins v Morton when Mebude had his debut) and got four wins and a draw. We also defeated Inverness in a game without Mebude and with Jones ineffective. We are definitely capable of winning games with Conor Shields up top and an energetic CM supporting him - it was first Pybus, then Nortey. There's no reason that Joseph couldn't fill that role, or indeed Mebude on Saturday before his inevitable ban. Option of McGrory, Dickson and a returning McKee for the other CM spot. If Ayo's red card gets overturned then we still have a strong starting 11 in my opinion.

I must admit that was a “double” verdict that I would have been happy to lay all day long. I would even have laid the two singles. Very surprised at that but it clearly supports the view that the Ref had a shocker and it was very costly for us in a hugely important match.

I must admit that was a “double” verdict that I would have been happy to lay all day long. I would even have laid the two singles. Very surprised at that but it clearly supports the view that the Ref had a shocker and it was very costly for us in a hugely important match.
Don't you have a hat to be eating? [emoji14]

21 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Getting the two reds overturned is a huge boost for Saturday - hence why the club challenged them.  When you think about it though, those two poor referee decisions cost us probably at least one point and arguably could have cost us a priceless three points which would have pushed us most of the way to safety this season.  So frustrating.  Its all ifs and buts now anyway and it is what it is so hey ho.

I haven't watched any highlights but at the time I thought that whilst Ayo was clearly late he was far from being out of control, and McCabe was trying to take a throw in with the Alloa boy jumping on his back, so what was he supposed to do but try to shove him off - both were yellows for me - easy to be wise after the event though. 😏

Meant to ask earlier ...... does anyone know the score with Nortey's injury situation.  Sure I read someone a while back suggesting he was out for the season.  A shame if true, I thought he looked useful up at Inverness and at Dens.

Also, any news on wee Dan Pybus's progress?  Are we likely to see him back this season?