The Queen of the South thread

19 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Public sale now open for Queens Park game. Does that mean all season book holders successful in ballot?

Think all applications by season ticket holders ended yesterday, so seems club is now opening up to non season ticket holders to reach allowed numbers. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

According to OS successful ST holders will be contacted by telephone shortly to arrange payment. I've had no contact as yet and nothing by email. 

That’s me been contacted by phone and payment took 👍🏼

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

That’s me been contacted by phone and payment took 👍🏼

I've only gone and bloody missed the call,  voicemail says to phone Dan at the club,  no one available just now. 

Edit: That's it paid now. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

28 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Is there a complete list if players signed for the reserves?

Not yet! There was an update round about this time last year with all the reserve players that had signed up. I see a few have featured like Dunn in pre season and certainly to begin with it looks as though they will be regular members of the squad. Perhaps some of the trialists that have been on the bench are players more geared towards the reserve team aswell. On a seperate note does anyone know if we are continuing with the match programme this season

How the hell are we going to field a team with what we have signed of do far. We have one centre half.  Who is going to play in defence. What is AJ all about we are 4 days away from first game. We should have learned our lesson from last season. All the trialists that played are no longer training. 

How the hell are we going to field a team with what we have signed of do far. We have one centre half.  Who is going to play in defence. What is AJ all about we are 4 days away from first game. We should have learned our lesson from last season. All the trialists that played are no longer training. 

Source ?

Why are you shocked by this? As with last season our squad will be heavily reliant on loan players. AJ can't very well bring players in if there aren't any available. I expect the bigger clubs will still be deciding which players they want to keep and want to loan out.

It was the exact same last season and will most likely be the same next season. It's not about us learning as lesson it's the reality of being the smallest FT club in the country - we'll get our players once the other FT clubs pass them up.

Why are you shocked by this? As with last season our squad will be heavily reliant on loan players. AJ can't very well bring players in if there aren't any available. I expect the bigger clubs will still be deciding which players they want to keep and want to loan out.

It was the exact same last season and will most likely be the same next season. It's not about us learning as lesson it's the reality of being the smallest FT club in the country - we'll get our players once the other FT clubs pass them up.

Not really we had Aiden Fitzpatrick, James Maxwell, Harry Robinson all in on loan for cup games. There’s still time for them to be brought in before ours yet obviously.

It’s frustrating but fact most clubs haven’t done a lot of business, tells its own story I think

1 minute ago, qos1990 said:

Not really we had Aiden Fitzpatrick, James Maxwell, Harry Robinson all in on loan for cup games. There’s still time for them to be brought in before ours yet obviously.

It’s frustrating but fact most clubs haven’t done a lot of business, tells its own story I think

Totally agree we have had a month to get new signings in.  There are a lot of players out of contract in the UK. 

Fitzpatrick wasn't (and never will be) good enough to start at Norwich, Maxwell was never getting ahead of their current LB and it was obvious why Robinson was loaned out!

I get your point but I still think a lot of clubs will be deciding what they want done with their players at this stage. I certainly don't blame AJ for not having us up to pace yet (RJC, you can bookmark that).