The Queen of the South thread

Much like post-motherwell, I'm not getting carried away but I think there were a lot of positives from yesterday. I appreciate the opponent wasn't the best but then how many times in the last few years have we faced weaker opposition and made an arse of it? Yesterday was the definition of a professional performance IMO and given the shite we've been dished up recently I'm over the moon QoS and professional performance are in the same sentence. 

Never mentioned it yesterday but was really impressed with MBs subs. And in all honesty I fully expected Currie to come on after we went down to 10. For him to bring on two attacking players was very refreshing to see. In the past we'd have left the ground with a point, so it was good to see us continue to attack rather than sit in. 

Agreed. As you say, without getting carried away, most signs are encouraging.

What I've seen of the new signings so far compared favourably to last summer. The goalie didn't get much chance to shine yesterday but Houston looks capable and Mimnaugh stood out for me. McGuffie wasn't as prominent as I'd like and McClelland will have to learn quickly.

I was pleased to see McKay having an untroubled match, so maybe he will get back to the form he showed before his bad injury. Also, Cochrane seemed really up for it; a good energetic display.

So, yes, lots of positives to build on.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Never mentioned it yesterday but was really impressed with MBs subs. And in all honesty I fully expected Currie to come on after we went down to 10. For him to bring on two attacking players was very refreshing to see. In the past we'd have left the ground with a point, so it was good to see us continue to attack rather than sit in. 

Not saying he wouldnt have done that anyway but I think thats more a case of his only experienced non teenage subs being attackers than anything especially tactical. I think Walker and Connelly were about to come on even before the red card.

Going by the OS info for tomorrow night's game shown below I think I'll be heading for the Alpha Solway stand and giving the BDS a swerve:

Supporters Information

For the game, Queens supports will have access to The Alpha Solway stand, along with the Wet section of the BDS and the Oakbank Terracing. While section 7 in the East side of the BDS has been allocated to East Fife supporters.

56 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Was told today we will be bring in a centrehalf on loan from one of the old firm if true could be a game changer and maybe a striker from same team as well it will be after this weekend  thou . 

There was an ex OF CH training with us today. I expect that's who they were meaning. Unless of course that's 3 new potential signings.

Edited by 19QOS19

8 hours ago, lowland star said:

Was told today we will be bring in a centrehalf on loan from one of the old firm if true could be a game changer and maybe a striker from same team as well it will be after this weekend  thou . 

Which one?

Edited by louisxiv

The reality just now is it's him or young Lewis Currie to play. With respect, I'd rather the former for now. Glad it's just until January. Best case is he has a blinder and we keep him on and hopefully the worst case is Brydon and McClelland keep him out if he's poor anyway. 

On 24/06/2023 at 17:50, qos_75 said:

What was the final score? The website update still has it as 1-0 to Queen.

He should be decent cover. Hopefully having someone of his experience about the place, will be just as useful for the younger lads too. 

Greenacres will be pleased, a bit of experience in defence. Can't say I'm too disappointed/surprised by the signing, a short term deal, good for both parties, and I doubt he'll expect to play every game once other defenders are back available. Can only wait and see how it goes. Maybe he will be ok at League 1 level. 

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Greenacres will be pleased, a bit of experience in defence. Can't say I'm too disappointed/surprised by the signing, a short term deal, good for both parties, and I doubt he'll expect to play every game once other defenders are back available. Can only wait and see how it goes. Maybe he will be ok at League 1 level. 

Be interesting to see what he moves onto now that his "Experienced Centre Back!!" need has been filled. 

6 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

For one joyful moment, when I saw the photo on the website, I thought it was a double signing!!!

Messi would be a disappointment after Dobbie.