The Queen of the South thread

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Certainly not "the worst footballer I've ever seen" that we were promised. We've had far worse than him. His finishing needs a lot of work and his decision making. He seems set on scoring a worldie rather than look for a pass. 

He looks pretty strong and harried the Alloa defence in the first half yesterday. I think it's clear to see he's not 100% fit though. For once I thought Bartley made the right call subbing him (sadly replacing him with the wrong person). 

I'm probably right in the middle with him. I don't think he's shite but I also don't think he's as good as some of the opinions on him. I'd say he's ok. Wouldn't be overjoyed if we got him next season and similarly wouldn't be as upset as I was when we got him this season.

He’s one of the few i would keep for next year, adds a different dimension to the team and with the right manager and played in the right way could make an even bigger impact (esp in div 2).

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Certainly not "the worst footballer I've ever seen" that we were promised. We've had far worse than him. His finishing needs a lot of work and his decision making. He seems set on scoring a worldie rather than look for a pass. 

He looks pretty strong and harried the Alloa defence in the first half yesterday. I think it's clear to see he's not 100% fit though. For once I thought Bartley made the right call subbing him (sadly replacing him with the wrong person). 

I'm probably right in the middle with him. I don't think he's shite but I also don't think he's as good as some of the opinions on him. I'd say he's ok. Wouldn't be overjoyed if we got him next season and similarly wouldn't be as upset as I was when we got him this season.

To be fair Doherty did really well when he came on yesterday as did McGuffie. Usually Bartley’s changes seriously weaken us but not yesterday - we finished the game quite strongly.

1 minute ago, Rjc-1988 said:

To be fair Doherty did really well when he came on yesterday as did McGuffie. Usually Bartley’s changes seriously weaken us but not yesterday - we finished the game quite strongly.

I'll bow to your view on Doherty (I assumed you were actually there) as I could only see what the camera picked up. Can't say I was impressed with him though. Running around a lot isn't worthy of praise for me. And I was absolutely screaming at the tele when he greedily had a tame shot when there were better options either side of him. 

Agree with McGuffie though. That's probably where he could be best used. Doesn't need pace and has the opportunity to have a strike or a through ball. For me I'd start him ahead of the ever anonymous Ferguson in there. 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

This is where I am with Mumbongo^^^ 

At one stage in the first half yesterday he got the ball and just ran into a cul-de-sac before eventually losing the ball when there were good options either side.

He needs to learn how to challenge without fouling. Booking waiting to happen every time and has been warned by the officials every game. I'd also like to see him win a header, never seen him win one yet for such a big guy he should be lethal.

Seen that. No idea who he is (I doubt I'll know who any of the new board are tbf) but I'm happy the ball is rolling. Ideally we need a BoD in place before Bartley can start offering contracts. 

“What I have done so far is started businesses from zero and got them to a successful stage and I’m hoping that I can bring that to the club."  He should fit the bill here, then!

I had the idea in my head the board would be assembled by the way of say a couple of known local businessmen who would hand pick their own team. 

52 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

First new board member announced…

Hello and welcome Jim, first job get rid of Bartley please as he's killing the club. 

That would be a great start and get the quickly vanishing fans back on board.

Edited by bod

On 24/03/2024 at 12:13, 19QOS19 said:

I'll bow to your view on Doherty (I assumed you were actually there) as I could only see what the camera picked up. Can't say I was impressed with him though. Running around a lot isn't worthy of praise for me. And I was absolutely screaming at the tele when he greedily had a tame shot when there were better options either side of him. 

Agree with McGuffie though. That's probably where he could be best used. Doesn't need pace and has the opportunity to have a strike or a through ball. For me I'd start him ahead of the ever anonymous Ferguson in there. 

Totally

13 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I'm a Queen of the South suppo . . . . . . . .  . 

Disappearing Act GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Nah, that's what certain players do during games.

Good to see the new guy on board.

He's making the right noises without any bombast.  Hope it all works out.

On 24/03/2024 at 18:13, 19QOS19 said:

Totally

I know things take time but after Monday evenings good news I was hoping we might have had some more. Ah well good things come to those that wait!

On 25/03/2024 at 19:07, ALOREBURNE said:

First new board member announced…

This guy is a great friend of mine: an Accies supporter who moved from Hamilton to Carlisle; his boy Harry plays for Queens Under 18’s and he sponsors Annan as well as having a long-standing Hospitality Box at Carlisle.

He is ambitious in both his business and in football, although I would have liked him coming on the Board at Accies.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

This guy is a great friend of mine: an Accies supporter who moved from Hamilton to Carlisle; his boy Harry plays for Queens Under 18’s and he sponsors Annan as well as having a long-standing Hospitality Box at Carlisle.

He is ambitious in both his business and in football, although I would have liked him coming on the Board at Accies.

Been told he's good friends with Peter Murphy as well?