The Queen of the South thread

11 minutes ago, bod said:

Lots being said about Todd and I don't think anyone can disagree he was one of our better and more consistent performers especially over the latter part of the season. I would have preferred if he stayed especially because of his versatility as we'll be having a reduced squad. 

I’m surprised anybody wants any member of our midfield from last season kept. It’s been our weak link for years, think a total rebuild is needed.

Would rather it was Cochrane or McKechnie leaving but not too disappointed with Todd although depends who we sign to replace him.  He was a steady hand even if the legs had gone a bit. 

7 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Would rather it was Cochrane or McKechnie leaving but not too disappointed with Todd although depends who we sign to replace him.  He was a steady hand even if the legs had gone a bit. 

Aye, we won't really know if Todd will be missed until we see the replacement. 

5 hours ago, Mon_The_South said:

Couple of Shilling and a few Tanners....

Talking Tanners, I genuinely hope that the Tanner Fund and club kick things off again but to see the fund produce the cash for the first team like it was originally meant to be.... With the boards initial communication (yes i'm a broken record) it is apparent they want to get behind the fund and encourage as many fans as possible to get involved... obviously enabling a bigger pot... Got to be a positive move to bring the fans into its involvement 

Didn't the Tanner Fund fold? 

With the Chairman busy with other things and the rest of the committee gone, is there really a Tanner Fund left? 

I guess someone else with more time on their hands and less other commitments could ressurect it. Might even get some kind of representation on the board. 

48 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

With the Chairman busy with other things and the rest of the committee gone, is there really a Tanner Fund left? 

I guess someone else with more time on their hands and less other commitments could ressurect it. Might even get some kind of representation on the board. 

We've surely got a ready made replacement to run the Tanner Fund, our very own financial whizzkid @Greenacres, he'll know exactly how much needs raised to compete strongly with other Clubs.

49 minutes ago, 84yards said:

Benji saying his goodbyes to Annan fans on Twitter this morning . . . HERE WE GO!

Time to get the pen emoji oot Queens admin!

There's very little/no chance of the man with the briefcase coming on this thread to talk about signings, or anything else Queens related for that matter. 

1 hour ago, Homer Thompson said:

To me the last BOD’s didn’t show enough interest in the Tanner Fund especially Hewitson but you can tell with the quotes from Murphy , McLinden & Dan Armstrong that they would 100% support either it’s resurrection or something similar to replace it. The £45,000 raised over four years was a great amount but it could be so much better with a proper and sincere backing from the club. 

You can count me in if something starts again. 

4 hours ago, QoS99 said:

I’m surprised anybody wants any member of our midfield from last season kept. It’s been our weak link for years, think a total rebuild is needed.

I'd happily have kept Todd to play beside the, hopefully, fit again Mimnaugh.

We had a too young and inexperienced team last year; if Todd is replaced by another 19 year old hoping to make the grade type, then I'll be disappointed.

5 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

I'd happily have kept Todd to play beside the, hopefully, fit again Mimnaugh.

We had a too young and inexperienced team last year; if Todd is replaced by another 19 year old hoping to make the grade type, then I'll be disappointed.

Nah, Benji is 25...

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah, Benji is 25...

Fair enough but (I realise I wasn't clear in my response) I was speaking in more general terms. Last season a lot of our signings (particularly loans) were young lads getting their first taste of senior first team football. However, if Benji is going to be a more typical signing for the coming season then fine.

The Falkirk Supporters Society is sharing the email template that HIT THE CHANNEL created regarding the artificial pitch vote and has posted it to members and on socials. 

Would be could to get a bit of cross-club support on this one so would appreciate if any of you were happy to share - 

I see that midfielder Stevie Mallan (ex St Mirren & Hibs, son of ex Queens player Stevie) is a free agent now after leaving Salford City, still just 28 - worth a shot perhaps, would he have higher suitors, would L1 be too low for him to rebuild his career?

Also an interesting article on the BBC today highlighting that the LL club Caledonian Braves (used to be Edusport and who play at Strathclyde Park beside the M74) have managed to raise around £800k through seeking global investment, much of it from small value individual investments.  I don't pretend to know much about the detail here (or the risks involved) but wonder if its indicative that there are some more innovative ways to attract funding to football clubs that exist out there in this highly challenged financial landscape for small clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cg33138kyp4o

19 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Just never know whats been discussed since Jim's update, opening the door for discussions. As Palmy Pie says, with the new boards completely different angle towards a fund like the TF, it could certainly dwarf the funds the TF pulled in for sure.