The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Happy with that but would keep Connolly and not McGuffie as he contributed feck all last year. 

I'm not saying McGuffie was brilliant for us but to say he didn't contribute last season is not correct. Scored probably one of the best technical goals since Dobbie was here against Annan. And scored a few belters. Unsure if I would keep McGuffie myself tbh. 

Connelly yes I would keep but if the PT rumour is true then bye bye.

Hoping for six today please! 

10 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Happy with that but would keep Connolly and not McGuffie as he contributed feck all last year. 

4 minutes ago, 84yards said:

I'm not saying McGuffie was brilliant for us but to say he didn't contribute last season is not correct. Scored probably one of the best technical goals since Dobbie was here against Annan. And scored a few belters. Unsure if I would keep McGuffie myself tbh. 

Connelly yes I would keep but if the PT rumour is true then bye bye.

Hoping for six today please! 

This. He scored the best goal I got to see at Palmerston last season. He was also the most technically gifted player we had in the squad. Held onto the ball until something was available rather than getting shot of the ball as soon as possible like the majority of the squad. If Murphy can find a position for him that suits his ability he could be a valuable player. 

Ben Johnstone announced for the year. Bit of a deflation there. I assume if it's 4 signings the next announcement will be Rogerson then Benji and Douglas. 

43 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This. He scored the best goal I got to see at Palmerston last season. He was also the most technically gifted player we had in the squad. Held onto the ball until something was available rather than getting shot of the ball as soon as possible like the majority of the squad. If Murphy can find a position for him that suits his ability he could be a valuable player. 

Falkirk fans said he would score two worldies and then do nothing else. Accurate. In a small squad too inconsistent and a vanity play. Just my view but not for me. I thought Ben Johnstone had already signed so hope for more exciting news later! 

21 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Falkirk fans said he would score two worldies and then do nothing else. Accurate. In a small squad too inconsistent and a vanity play. Just my view but not for me. I thought Ben Johnstone had already signed so hope for more exciting news later! 

He barely featured on a regular basis though. If he was signed to play wide I wouldn't want him as he has absolutely no pace. If Murphy has plans for him to play behind the striker/s then I'd be all for it. 

Glad to see the summer signing madness starting. 
so hear goes 4 player new and resigning by close of play tomorrow 

4 more by next Thursday 

reason all 8 not tomorrow is manager is on holiday till next week 

6 will be mix of re signings and Annan players 

2 will be a good surprise 

18 minutes ago, lowland star said:

4 more by next Thursday 

Hopefully Lyons is one.

1 hour ago, lowland star said:

4 more by next Thursday 

Reece Lyons is the big rumour now.

49 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

https://x.com/OfficialQosFC/status/1796179977974497475?t=4WTPFC2pU8IL2VymMvN0gg&s=19

Matty Douglas signs.

Says "More news later this afternoon." In the story. Yaaaaaas 

Very good signing, the thought of him and Brydon at the centre of defence is light years ahead of the last 2 seasons. Hope for a much tighter defensive platform

25 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Josh Mcpake....

That would be sweet….as would Lyon. 
would be great to get some forwards in too. Hope we keep Lee but the thought of Doherty and Hutchison as our first choice options would give me the fear ( although I would like to see the latter with a good pre season under his belt and if he did stay I would be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt). I may be alone but I wouldn’t mind Mumbongo back as there is a player in there somewhere 

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Is it one or two years?

From O/S:

Manager Peter Murphy said, "We are delighted to welcome Matty to the club. Matty is a stalwart and has demonstrated his exceptional defensive abilities year in, year out, whilst also being a threat in the opposition box. A leader by his actions on the field, he captained his previous side to playoff finals and promotion so will prove a valuable asset for the coming seasons."

Sounds like at least a 2 year deal to me.

3 minutes ago, 84yards said:

REECE LYON!!!!! What a signing. I hope he's made captain. Weird we have signed two rivals' skippers today!

Great signing. Good to see strong physical players for a change. Means we won’t be physically bullied next year for a change. Need that to get out of this league. I’m excited.