The Queen of the South thread

40 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Absolutely. That's why the main stand is shut. Going to hang a giant sheet across the front 

Excellent, I look forward to grabbing a wurst und pommes and a stein from the food outlet.

8 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Scott Williamson ex Queens Park one of your trialists yesterday. Centre forward

Is this a question or a statement?

5 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Kai Kennedy, cracking signing btw

Agreed. Always looked dangerous when playing against us, at least the times I saw him. Looks like a great signing.

Well that's pleasing. I expect the reviews will be he's inconsistent and that's probably the case given he's playing here and not kicked on. But we've seen first hand what he's capable of, given he was the only player to consistently get the better of Gibson a few years back. If we can get him firing like that regularly he'll be lethal at this level. 

22 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I imagine that signing will mean we won’t see  Lee Connelly back at Palmerston next season 

Kennedy really replaces Gibson on the wing hopefully we still have room  in the squad for Connelly you can't have to many quality players going forward .

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Kai Kennedy, cracking signing btw

Yeah, that's a belter of a signing - starting to like how Murphy goes about his business already, plus nice to see his update interview on YouTube.

I'm not that fussed if it means we don't see Connelly again.  Sometimes things are not meant to be and we move on, hey ho.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Yeah, that's a belter of a signing - starting to like how Murphy goes about his business already, plus nice to see his update interview on YouTube.

I'm not that fussed if it means we don't see Connelly again.  Sometimes things are not meant to be and we move on, hey ho.

A cracking signing.  We've all seen first hand what he can do, hopefully he will settle quickly and reproduce that kind of form.  Been impressed so far with the way Murphy has went about his business.  We've also seen an overdue improvement in communications.  Long may this continue!  Night and day from the negativity of last season.

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Miles better than Mcguffie

I was wondering if we would get any responses from Falkirk fans about him. Generally when we take an ex-Bairn there's nothing positive to be said about him from your fellow fans :lol:

What's there to do in or around the Dumfries area these days? Looking to drive down around lunchtime. I've seen the Pantheon, Pyramids and Great Zebra Migration before so if anyone has any other touristy ideas?