The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Don't think I ever have in football, but it happens in ice hockey and it's a brilliant rule. A guy can get a 2 minute penalty for tripping or whatever he's done, but the other guy also gets punished for "embellishment" if he's done a Harry Kane and thrown himself up in the air screaming. It'd be the equivalent of giving a yellow card to each player for what @Bad Wolf is describing (I haven't seen this particular incident, but know what he means)

^^^ I like this ... should forever in all fitba parlance now be known as "Doing a Harry Kane" ... I like this, I like it a lot!

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

...  my new favourite is looking like Reece Lyon. Forgot what it's like to have a CM who enjoys having the ball. Don't think he's been tackled yet either. 

16 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Agree with this, he looks like an excellent signing and ran the show tonight.

16 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Been a standout both games, still surprised we got him and he didn’t end up somewhere in the Championship.

Wrap that man in cotton wool before he gets injured, just sayin' ... 🤞👍

8 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

And I thought Doherty did reasonably well on the right until he was taken off. 

Quite liking him out there the now. Not saying he's the answer but he isn't scared of going forward and hasn't lost the ball much as well as doing well tracking back. Much prefer him there to up front. 

I think it says it all when he was subbed I said "I hope he's not out for long"!

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Quite liking him out there the now. Not saying he's the answer but he isn't scared of going forward and hasn't lost the ball much as well as doing well tracking back. Much prefer him there to up front. 

I think it says it all when he was subbed I said "I hope he's not out for long"!

Maybe a case of a player finally getting to play his best position? Such daft things do happen occasionally ... 🙄

32 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Maybe a case of a player finally getting to play his best position? Such daft things do happen occasionally ... 🙄

Tbf I always thought he was a striker. I think he's technically out of position under Murphy. But for me he's been far more effective there so far. 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Got to say I enjoyed the highlights and the attacking passages of play were encouraging. Good interview from the manager. He comes across as very humble and engaging. If we can get another 2-3 players in for forward areas and CB then we have a chance of getting off to a fast start that would set us up for the season

7 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Got to say I enjoyed the highlights and the attacking passages of play were encouraging. Good interview from the manager. He comes across as very humble and engaging. If we can get another 2-3 players in for forward areas and CB then we have a chance of getting off to a fast start that would set us up for the season

Pretty sure Brydon was involved in the warm up last night so maybe nearing a return (as in maybe 2 or 3 weeks away yet). Doubt we'd need another cb if that's the case.

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Pretty sure Brydon was involved in the warm up last night so maybe nearing a return (as in maybe 2 or 3 weeks away yet). Doubt we'd need another cb if that's the case.

Oh yes we will, give him 2 matches before he unfortunately crumbles again.

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Murphy said in his interview he's 2 or 3 weeks away aye. He also said Church can't do anything for another 3/4 weeks so as not to irritate his current injury. 

Really getting the feeling Church is going to be another Chima, unfortunately. For me we need another CB regardless. Sadly we can't rely on Brydon going all season without being injured again. 

On 16/07/2024 at 22:11, Greenacres said:

Well you asked for it We are desperate for pace up front and  out wide plus we need another centre back .

Against Dumbarton we showed up in flashes when we moved the ball quickly but we have to do that a lot more .

We looked better when McKechnie went up front with his pace but that is what we need from another  forward .

We were lucky at 1 nil it looked a certain pen to Dumbarton only person who thought not was the ref .

We are still a work in progess it is a new team but all about these last few signing .

Desperate? Really? 

McKechnie has pace, so does Kennedy. Craik didn't look lightning quick but he was hardly slow. 

I look forward to January to see what random attribute you tell us we need. Remember, you used height last year 

10 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Desperate? Really? 

McKechnie has pace, so does Kennedy. Craik didn't look lightning quick but he was hardly slow. 

I look forward to January to see what random attribute you tell us we need. Remember, you used height last year 

How's his cry for "experience" been so far? 

Any news about access to EK's K-Park next Tuesday?  Cash at the gate, tickets, segregation etc etc?  Don't see anything yet on the OS unless I've missed it.  Also the EK OS seems to be well out of date (unless I'm not searching correctly).

30 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Any news about access to EK's K-Park next Tuesday?  Cash at the gate, tickets, segregation etc etc?  Don't see anything yet on the OS unless I've missed it.  Also the EK OS seems to be well out of date (unless I'm not searching correctly).

https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Dashboard

Hit Tickets on their site and it takes you here. Must be a QR code situation like our ground. 

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Took me an hour o find the ground last time. 

19 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

He's tall and experienced. But does he have pace?

As Meat Loaf might have said, You took the words right out of my mouth. Two out of three ain't bad; For crying out loud.

1 hour ago, louisxiv said:

Took me an hour o find the ground last time. 

20 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Any tips to find it? 

From Dumfries? I thought it was easy enough with the SatNav. I'm sure it's the first left off the roundabout and then you just have to find somewhere to park within the Country Park. I had to park next to the zoo last time. But that was a Saturday afternoon. I doubt it'll be that tricky to get closer to the ground on a Tuesday night.