The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Of course you could have just edited the correction into your post. You should be more concerned about the multi-quote police anyway.

I have no idea how to do that. I will lose sleep tonight living in fear of the multiquote police. Are they tougher than the spelling bee squad. I promise never to call Kieran McKechnie Kieran McAnespie ever again! Honest…

2 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

I have no idea how to do that. I will lose sleep tonight living in fear of the multiquote police. Are they tougher than the spelling bee squad. I promise never to call Kieran McKechnie Kieran McAnespie ever again! Honest…

Tap on the 3 dots beside your username on the post you want to edit, tap "edit" on the drop down menu, re-type any changes you want to make, give a reason for the edit (optional), tap "save" or "submit". You can edit a post more than once. You can also delete posts by tapping the 3 dots and hitting delete.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs
Additional info.

27 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Tap on the 3 dots beside your username on the post you want to edit, tap "edit" on the drop down menu, re-type any changes you want to make, give a reason for the edit (optional), tap "save" or "submit". You can edit a post more than once. You can also delete posts by tapping the 3 dots and hitting delete.

Thank you for that. 

8 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Signing at 11am 👀 

teaser would suggest Lewis O’Donnell rumour is correct!

Looks to be a good signing that, Kelty Hearts fans rate him highly. Heard a rumour we are looking at Jai Quitongo as well.

27 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Looks to be a good signing that, Kelty Hearts fans rate him highly. Heard a rumour we are looking at Jai Quitongo as well.

Good player!!

Welcome Lewis O'Donnell! Looking like a very strong midfield now. I make that 9 midfielders, which sadly will probably limit game time for our younger lads Euan Ross and Ben Johnstone I fear.

Not sure if there are any funds left for our much prayed for striker, so I guess the hope will be that our strong midfield contributes quite a few goals this season.

Getting more and more confident in our side this season ... hope I haven't jinxed things.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Welcome Lewis O'Donnell! Looking like a very strong midfield now. I make that 9 midfielders, which sadly will probably limit game time for our younger lads Euan Ross and Ben Johnstone I fear.

Not sure if there are any funds left for our much prayed for striker, so I guess the hope will be that our strong midfield contributes quite a few goals this season.

Getting more and more confident in our side this season ... hope I haven't jinxed things.

A bit overloaded on midfielders but today’s Standard interview says players to come in so I’m sure will be at least one forward. I remember Quitongo rag dolling our defence and scoring 2 at Palmerston years ago. Looked a really good player. Had a serious injury so hope that hasn’t diminished his talents. I remember his old man playing against us…now there was a footballer ( the behind the scenes stories I heard about Jose were great too!). 

3 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

A bit overloaded on midfielders but today’s Standard interview says players to come in so I’m sure will be at least one forward. I remember Quitongo rag dolling our defence and scoring 2 at Palmerston years ago. Looked a really good player. Had a serious injury so hope that hasn’t diminished his talents. I remember his old man playing against us…now there was a footballer ( the behind the scenes stories I heard about Jose were great too!). 

The squad is building nicely.

Out of interest does anyone know how many players we have signed up compared to last season?

if I remember correctly the new director said the squad would be reduced from last season, albeit focusing on quality. 

Reviews sound good on O'Donnell. I'd imagine we'll still bring in a striker but if our defence is this solid under pressure and we can bolster the midfield to relieve the pressure I don't think we'll concede many. With that we won't need this elusive 20 goal striker as we'll surely get enough chances to take one or two. 

Been wanting a solid foundation for years and IMO it's exactly the approach Murphy has taken assembling the squad. 

25 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

... I remember Quitongo ... I remember his old man playing against us…now there was a footballer ( the behind the scenes stories I heard about Jose were great too!). 

Aye, I watched Jose causing chaos and havoc in opposing defences a few times in Gorgie back in the day ... what an entertainer, but probably a nightmare to coach ... 

Edited by Otis Blue

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Reviews sound good on O'Donnell. I'd imagine we'll still bring in a striker but if our defence is this solid under pressure and we can bolster the midfield to relieve the pressure I don't think we'll concede many. With that we won't need this elusive 20 goal striker as we'll surely get enough chances to take one or two. 

Been wanting a solid foundation for years and IMO it's exactly the approach Murphy has taken assembling the squad. 

I don’t know why you keeping talking about a 20 goal striker. We all know that’s not going to happen now but we need someone capable of 10 plus imho to take the pressure off midfielders scoring and the defence keeping a clean sheet all the time. Murphy has got this so let’s see what he does. Like you I would be amazed if he doesn’t bring another forward in. 

Just now, HighlandQueen said:

I don’t know why you keeping talking about a 20 goal striker. We all know that’s not going to happen now but we need someone capable of 10 plus imho to take the pressure off midfielders scoring and the defence keeping a clean sheet all the time. Murphy has got this so let’s see what he does. Like you I would be amazed if he doesn’t bring another forward in. 

I've mentioned a 20 goal striker once; in the post you quoted. "20 goal striker", "10 goal striker" the point remains the same. There should be pressure on the midfield to chip in with goals. 

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, I watched Jose causing chaos and havoc in opposing defenses a few times in Gorgie back in the day ... what an entertainer, but probably a nightmare to coach ... 

Friend of mine said he liked the dancing of an evening. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I've mentioned a 20 goal striker once; in the post you quoted. "20 goal striker", "10 goal striker" the point remains the same. There should be pressure on the midfield to chip in with goals. 

Don’t disagree with that. We have been short of goals from defence and midfield last few seasons and looks like we are getting to grips with that. Point is still there that we need a more predatory goal scoring presence up front as all current options have a history of low scoring. Only saying. 

From the Record

Queens to loan Ayr striker

Queen of the South are set to win the fight to land Fraser Bryson.

The Doonhamers are close to agreeing a loan with Ayr United for their young striker.

Queens are set to beat off rival bids from Alloa Athletic, Kelty Hearts and Stenhousemuir.

Boss Peter Murphy is excited to land the 19-year-old.

17 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

From the Record

Queens to loan Ayr striker

Queen of the South are set to win the fight to land Fraser Bryson.

The Doonhamers are close to agreeing a loan with Ayr United for their young striker.

Queens are set to beat off rival bids from Alloa Athletic, Kelty Hearts and Stenhousemuir.

Boss Peter Murphy is excited to land the 19-year-old.

Sounds like The Record has been reading P&B again! 😎

Seriously though, sounds like a good forward addition. Really liking Murphy's squad building. All we need now is for @Monkey Tennis 's glass to be half full ... 😂

2 hours ago, qos_75 said:

The squad is building nicely.

Out of interest does anyone know how many players we have signed up compared to last season?

if I remember correctly the new director said the squad would be reduced from last season, albeit focusing on quality. 

I'm sure Mr McLinden said we would be operating with a squad of 20, but by my reckoning we've now got 25.  Maybe the recent injury crisis has forced a rethink on that front, or he wasn't including loan signings in his figure.  Still 3 or 4 down on last season's number.